• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney to Seattle; Other Players Involved

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But nobody on the Rams is better than Russell Wilson.
There is what you said as has been stated by the adults here on the board. Aaron Donald is at the moment the best football "player" on the planet. As much as I love RW and his value can't be overstated, he is not even the best QB in the league, let alone "player". I would suggest you stay seated at the little kids table and stop talking because every time you post something, it is stupid.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Total win/win for SEA...they get a talented, very motivated player...the cost was minimal and he could be enough to get SEA deeper into the playoffs, maybe even the NFCCG.

We know he’s probably going to take the highest offer in FA, if so...we know the Toronto Raptors are not mad at Kawhi.

Good move, the only bad part about it...SEA is on the Steelers schedule this yr...lol

Ben Ro better have his track shoes on, lol!
I actually had this a loss before the trade and I still have it that way after the trade. Playing in Pitt is tough and I feel that team has gotten its shit together now the headaches are off the team.

Can't go wrong with an instant upgrade this late in the preseason and giving up little to get it. Rams are going to have a little tougher task winning the division.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying Donald is more valuable, just better
Appreciate you being humble, I do.

If you made me an NFL GM, with an all league expansion draft, there isn't a player I'd take before your QB. The man is exceptional at what he does. And can do.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you made me an NFL GM, with an all league expansion draft, there isn't a player I'd take before your QB. The man is exceptional at what he does. And can do.

I'm glad that I just now came in on the back-end of this "valuable" vs "better" semantics argument and didn't have to participate. Reading it was bad enough. Talk about tedious, holy shit. lol

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad that I just now came in on the back-end of this "valuable" vs "better" semantics argument and didn't have to participate. Reading it was bad enough. Talk about tedious, holy shit. lol
Haven't participated in value over better. Donald takes himself out of position often. As a guard or tackle Would if they could block him. Doing a mans work for them is a knock on a player, to me.

He could become a heady player someday, he isn't right now. He's an athlete.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh yea for sure no doubt

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe not but you never know in the NFL. Coming off a 10 win season and now more experience for the youngsters. This move might not be a guarantee of anything but it does put the team in the conversation. And by moving Clark, they have now recouped picks for the future and I think have a stronger overall defense than last year. If Wilson and the offense do their job, they can compete with anyone.
True, the NFL is very unpredictable. However, I was looking at next year for Seattle to make a real push. A lot of cap space.

The Clowney move will be very interesting after the season. If he plays above his historical stats, the Seahawks would have to overpay or let him walk. If he plays under, they may get him on the cheap.

Something not being talked about is releasing Marsh as a result of the Clowney move. I’m not saying Marsh is anything close to Clowney, but he seemed to flash from time to time.

As a Hawks fan, what are your thoughts on Marsh? Did the Cards get a decent depth player?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, the NFL is very unpredictable. However, I was looking at next year for Seattle to make a real push. A lot of cap space.

The Clowney move will be very interesting after the season. If he plays above his historical stats, the Seahawks would have to overpay or let him walk. If he plays under, they may get him on the cheap.

Something not being talked about is releasing Marsh as a result of the Clowney move. I’m not saying Marsh is anything close to Clowney, but he seemed to flash from time to time.

As a Hawks fan, what are your thoughts on Marsh? Did the Cards get a decent depth player?

Like you said he flashes at times, hasn't been consistent though and hasn't as of yet reached the potential hoped for. Think it's a good grab for depth for the Cards.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cassius Marsh is on his 5th team in 8 years. His top end is rotational player and he is a fringe rotational player. He has 11 sacks in 7 years.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassius Marsh is on his 5th team in 8 years. His top end is rotational player and he is a fringe rotational player. He has 11 sacks in 7 years.
They were saying on local radio he had 14.5 sacks in 6 starts. He has come off the bench most of his career.

Maybe playing opposite Jones and Suggs will pull more out of him

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were saying on local radio he had 14.5 sacks in 6 starts. He has come off the bench most of his career.

Well he only has 11 sacks in his career. And he only has 6 starts because he has been a bench player his entire career. On a miserable defensive Niners team he was only able to get 3 starts in 2 seasons.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As said, Marsh is really a bench guy and has never really shown enough consistency to be a starter. Okay to have for depth but I doubt he will ever amount to more.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:crazy:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Compared to their team last season I don't see the Clowney trade moving the needle much for the Seahawks. They were a playoff team last season and their roster is still just a playoff caliber roster. They are capable of making a run if they get in but I wouldn't consider them contenders.

Clowney and Ziggy more or less offset the loss of Clark and Ziggy you're rolling the dice if he can stay healthy. Clowney isn't the model of health but he's been relatively healthy lately but odds are he does miss some time.

Clowney's biggest asset might wind up being his run defense as both the Rams and 9ers are going to run the ball a lot and it's a key part of their offenses.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compared to their team last season I don't see the Clowney trade moving the needle much for the Seahawks. They were a playoff team last season and their roster is still just a playoff caliber roster. They are capable of making a run if they get in but I wouldn't consider them contenders.

Clowney and Ziggy more or less offset the loss of Clark and Ziggy you're rolling the dice if he can stay healthy. Clowney isn't the model of health but he's been relatively healthy lately but odds are he does miss some time.

Clowney's biggest asset might wind up being his run defense as both the Rams and 9ers are going to run the ball a lot and it's a key part of their offenses.

So 2 good pass rushers on the field together merely offset the 1 good pass rusher we had last year?

Please.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They can be SB contenders if the secondary can take that next step.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good pickup here for Seattle. I had them as a possible playoff team before this trade, I think this clinches them a spot in the playoffs.
A nice addition but they need more than this.