• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clowney to Seattle; Other Players Involved

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again this only applies if they are good enough to command the attention of the offense in the first place. Ziggy maybe but Clowney doubtful unless that switch to a 4-3 end is a big boost to his pass rushing ability.

A lot of Clowney's success will be determined by how well they can integrate he and Ansah together. With the 2 of them bouncing around it's going to be very interesting to see where they line both of them up.

My argument isn't about numbers but about quality. Every defense has 2 guys out there they hope can get to the QB but very few of them have enough quality guys that can truly give an offense fits.

The Seahawks also have Jarran Reed who had the 3rd most sacks(10.5) for a DT in the NFL last year.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marsh was being touted as the next coming (stolen in the 4th round) a true PC type player. Had a good camp which led to a lot of hype. Broke a foot and never lived up to his billing. Finally had a decent season for the niners.

People don't tout 4th round draft picks. As often happens with mid to late round picks, he did well as a rookie in preseason. Which got people excited. Then when he played against the starters during the season he turned out to be just a league average player. And this was all 7 years ago.

So congrats on bringing up 7 years ago as somehow being relevant to this discussion. And we'll ignore that he hasn't played a regular season down for the Seahawks in 3 years.

So what does he have to do with Clowney?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cassius Marsh is on his 5th team in 8 years. His top end is rotational player and he is a fringe rotational player. He has 11 sacks in 7 years.

It was after this that I decided to talk about Marsh.

Strange I didn't know there was a wear out date on discussing players.

I was a least glad to see you admitted there was hype.

My point being that many a 12s like to overhype players, yet quickly forget they did so when said players don't pan out.

Let's just leave it at that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was after this that I decided to talk about Marsh.

Strange I didn't know there was a wear out date on discussing players.

I was a least glad to see you admitted there was hype.

My point being that many a 12s like to overhype players, yet quickly forget they did so when said players don't pan out.

Let's just leave it at that.

Yeah. Seahawk fans are quite unique in hyping their players. They need to be more reasonable and not hype players. Like Pats fans.

Congrats on future Hall of Famer Jakobi Meyers, btw.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Seahawk fans are quite unique in hyping their players. They need to be more reasonable and not hype players. Like Pats fans.

Congrats on future Hall of Famer Jakobi Meyers, btw.
Wow I see that UDFA rookie got your attention on the left coast.
Not sure I've heard anyone but you call him a potential HOFr. See what I mean about the 12s? Most NE fans like what they've seen but he's likely not a starter to begin the season. With Harry going on the IR his play time likely increases though.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I see that UDFA rookie got your attention on the left coast.
Not sure I've heard anyone but you call him a potential HOFr. See what I mean about the 12s? Most NE fans like what they've seen but he's likely not a starter to begin the season. With Harry going on the IR his play time likely increases though.

This is all in your head. Maybe you should listen to some WEEI online so you can hear all those level headed Chowderheads talk very reasonably about the Patriots.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all in your head. Maybe you should listen to some WEEI online so you can hear all those level headed Chowderheads talk very reasonably about the Patriots.

So are you saying someone on WEEI said he's a future HOFr? Link?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to read through all this so forgive me if this has been said:

Jadeveon Clowney for Barkevious Mingo is easily the GOAT trade for great player names