• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clock/game mismanagement

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to agree but when you add kaepernick's ineptitude and reading a defense pre snap it compounds the problem to this level.

Poor clock/TO management was going on when Alex Smith was the QB as well. This goes beyond who is at QB.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true. Those are some legitimate questions to ask and ponder!

I suppose it reall doesn't matter at this point. The playoffs are gone.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who the hell do you want Kaep to progress to, exactly? Who do we have other than Boldin and Davis?

Baldwin? LOL.

Manningham? LOL.

McDonald? LOL.

Osgood? LOLOL.

Just because there are people wearing red/gold on the field doesn't mean one should throw to them.

Did we trade up for McDonald? I am almost certain we did, and thinking about it now makes me want to puke.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Baldwin? LOL.

Manningham? LOL.

McDonald? LOL.

Osgood? LOLOL.

Manningham is a fine 3rd option. There are QBs that produce with less than the Niners are running out there. Hard to avoid the fact that Kap is not playing well at all, and more than that is not doing the little things that help teams win.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Did we trade up for McDonald? I am almost certain we did, and thinking about it now makes me want to puke.

I don't blame Vance for any of this stuff. I never expected him to be Jimmy Graham. He's been a great blocker, and that drop last week was just great defense.

The Niners really needed a TE, and I think they got a pretty good one. Even Vernon looked bad his rookie year.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Manningham is a fine 3rd option. There are QBs that produce with less than the Niners are running out there. Hard to avoid the fact that Kap is not playing well at all, and more than that is not doing the little things that help teams win.

Healthy Manningham would be a fine 3rd option but it still looks like he's getting his legs under him still

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't blame Vance for any of this stuff. I never expected him to be Jimmy Graham. He's been a great blocker, and that drop last week was just great defense.

The Niners really needed a TE, and I think they got a pretty good one. Even Vernon looked bad his rookie year.

If I recall I remember it Walker and Davis saying it took some time to really get Roman's offense so I think it's too early to judge Vance as well.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manningham was the 2nd receiving option today, and didn't look anything like the pre-injury Manningham at that.

That said, there's no question Kaep can do a lot more. He's the QB. He NEEDS to do the little things well, and he NEEDS to start making everyone around him better.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Healthy Manningham would be a fine 3rd option but it still looks like he's getting his legs under him still

He sold out on a slant route today. That interception that the corner fumble resulting on a touchback. But I agree though, he's starting to look a little bit faster each week.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did throw to a guy named Crabtree when he was around and we saw him go through progressions last season.

I mean why do we expect a guy that's barely have a seasons worth of starts to read the field like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

Cuz even QBs not name Manning and Brady can still read the field....

IF not reading, make a play out of nothing...

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the hell do you want Kaep to progress to, exactly? Who do we have other than Boldin and Davis?

Baldwin? LOL.

Manningham? LOL.

McDonald? LOL.

Osgood? LOLOL.

Just because there are people wearing red/gold on the field doesn't mean one should throw to them.

Bcuz none of the above were ever oppen through 10 games this season..... They're out there to play WR for the 49ers, so make it work....

What are you waiting for? Calvin? AJ Green? Julio? GOLDEN TATE?

Make it work...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Kaep doing running out of bounds before the 2 minute warning? He wasn't going to make the first down. Just stay in bounds, let the clock run.

And it is pathetic how the offense keeps getting delay of game penalties or having to burn time outs to avoid them. Happened three times today, and a fourth when Kaep tried to call time when we had none left.

Perhaps simplifying the offense? Kaep seems distracted by all the motion and the clock running down.

Last, on the roll out TD to VD, I thought "why haven't we seen much of that before?"

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Other than Boldin we have no other receivers. This is why I am begging us to trade up for Watkins in this draft. Aint no way a player of Watkins caliber would be so ineffective (one-on-one coverage) on the outside. Our defense keeps playing well enough for us to win, our inability to pass protect and pass the ball when protection is good is the main reason/s as to why we are losing. We need another weapon on the outside. Lord why can't anyone else see this???

I see it. :nod:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That first challenge was ridiculous. What was the point? The Saints gained what 4-5 yards? Not the kind of play to take a risk on that early in the game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Kaep doing running out of bounds before the 2 minute warning? He wasn't going to make the first down. Just stay in bounds, let the clock run.
And it is pathetic how the offense keeps getting delay of game penalties or having to burn time outs to avoid them. Happened three times today, and a fourth when Kaep tried to call time when we had none left.

Perhaps simplifying the offense? Kaep seems distracted by all the motion and the clock running down.

Last, on the roll out TD to VD, I thought "why haven't we seen much of that before?"

He doesn't want to get hurt. He knows first hand what happens to 49er quarterbacks who go out with an injury.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cuz even QBs not name Manning and Brady can still read the field....

IF not reading, make a play out of nothing...

Look I'm not saying Kap is perfect and without fault but a QB needs decent material to work with to be successful.

Let's not pretend Montana or Young took some scrubs named Craig, Rice, Clark, Taylor, Owens, Jones, etc and made them into something.

Or they didn't have one of the greatest offensive minds in the history of the game behind them as well.

It's all symbiotic. The QB makes the guys around him look good and the guys around him make the QB look good.

Right now our offensive struggles boil down to a mixture of a lot of things.

Kap isn't playing well

The talent Kap is throwing to is thin along with missing a key component with another guy outside of Davis that's a HR threat.

Our offensive line pass blocking has been a mixed bag. Sometimes it's good and it's bad at the worst possible time (final drive in the game today is a prime example)

Our play calling and usage of our personnel has been suspect. LMJ on 3rd and 2 up the middle.....really? And 1st down with 9 in the box I guess instead of taking a few shots with some play action plays we'll do what they completely expect and run Gore right into and cross our fingers hoping for the best.

A mentally challenged chimpanzee with a box of crayons could draw up better pass plays than what we've got.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Look I'm not saying Kap is perfect and without fault but a QB needs decent material to work with to be successful.

Let's not pretend Montana or Young took some scrubs named Craig, Rice, Clark, Taylor, Owens, Jones, etc and made them into something.

Or they didn't have one of the greatest offensive minds in the history of the game behind them as well.

It's all symbiotic. The QB makes the guys around him look good and the guys around him make the QB look good.

Right now our offensive struggles boil down to a mixture of a lot of things.

Kap isn't playing well

The talent Kap is throwing to is thin along with missing a key component with another guy outside of Davis that's a HR threat.

Our offensive line pass blocking has been a mixed bag. Sometimes it's good and it's bad at the worst possible time (final drive in the game today is a prime example)

Our play calling and usage of our personnel has been suspect. LMJ on 3rd and 2 up the middle.....really? And 1st down with 9 in the box I guess instead of taking a few shots with some play action plays we'll do what they completely expect and run Gore right into and cross our fingers hoping for the best.

A mentally challenged chimpanzee with a box of crayons could draw up better pass plays than what we've got.

Agreed. :10: