• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clock/game mismanagement

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm baffled by this coaching staff's clock/game mismanagement. Three years in and they have an elementary grasp of getting the play in on time, using timeouts, and using challenges.

The two challenges today were absolutely dreadful. ZERO excuse for TWO bad challenges like that. Whoever it is in the booth looking over these replays and telling Harbaugh to throw the flag (if it's not Harbaugh himself) needs to be fired immediately.

Just disgusting to lose this way.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, to see these errors on a professional level is mind boggling. They are getting paid some serious cash and us fans sitting at home can make better decisions and calls.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The challenges were stupid, but most of the timeouts are being used by Kap after he tries to re-jigger the formation 3 or 4 times before each snap. I know they like pre-snap motion to give the QB an idea of the D's scheme, but its just so far over the top and costing the team.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am certain Kap has no idea how to read a blitz presnap... I am very sure of this...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more I think about it, the more it pisses me off. You had almost everyone in the game day thread saying that the plays weren't even CLOSE to being challengeable and none of us are being paid to make these decisions. And it wasn't just ONE bad challenge, it was TWO and they BOTH weren't close, at all.

Just a pathetic display of game management all the way around.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The challenges were stupid, but most of the timeouts are being used by Kap after he tries to re-jigger the formation 3 or 4 times before each snap. I know they like pre-snap motion to give the QB an idea of the D's scheme, but its just so far over the top and costing the team.

Agreed, and it's on everyone's shoulders. The plays seem to take too long to be called in. The motions take too long to formulate. Kaep takes too long to read the defenses and adjust. It's top-to-bottom poor game management, and it's been going on for a long time.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Other than Boldin we have no other receivers. This is why I am begging us to trade up for Watkins in this draft. Aint no way a player of Watkins caliber would be so ineffective (one-on-one coverage) on the outside. Our defense keeps playing well enough for us to win, our inability to pass protect and pass the ball when protection is good is the main reason/s as to why we are losing. We need another weapon on the outside. Lord why can't anyone else see this???

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Boldin we have no other receivers. This is why I am begging us to trade up for Watkins in this draft. Aint no way a player of Watkins caliber would be so ineffective (one-on-one coverage) on the outside. Our defense keeps playing well enough for us to win, our inability to pass protect and pass the ball when protection is good is the main reason/s as to why we are losing. We need another weapon on the outside. Lord why can't anyone else see this???

Why you assume Kap will throw the ball to someone not named Boldin or Davis? Why assume Kap will look for "new WR?"

Why assume Kap goes through progressoins and makes a NFL QB play? :noidea:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm baffled by this coaching staff's clock/game mismanagement. Three years in and they have an elementary grasp of getting the play in on time, using timeouts, and using challenges.

The two challenges today were absolutely dreadful. ZERO excuse for TWO bad challenges like that. Whoever it is in the booth looking over these replays and telling Harbaugh to throw the flag (if it's not Harbaugh himself) needs to be fired immediately.

Just disgusting to lose this way.

They are college level coaches.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Agreed, and it's on everyone's shoulders. The plays seem to take too long to be called in. The motions take too long to formulate. Kaep takes too long to read the defenses and adjust. It's top-to-bottom poor game management, and it's been going on for a long time.

Agreed

We're just too "busy" with all the formations shifts and reads and everything just takes too long.

I mean look at the end of the 1st half with our "hurry up" offense. It took what 25 seconds to get a play off instead of 29?

It's a case where I'm wondering if the offense is just too complex for it's own good. Players seem to have trouble picking up the system and everything just takes so long for a simple run up the middle.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Baldwin can't even track the ball in the air. Manningham doesn't know how to work back to the QB and has no field awareness when it comes to picking up first downs. McDonald to date has shown ZERO capability to get open and has unsure hands. Our only WR that is reliable (Boldin) isn't running away from anyone. Kaep isn't playing great, but if you think he has even a decent surrounding cast around him you need to wake up.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Why you assume Kap will throw the ball to someone not named Boldin or Davis? Why assume Kap will look for "new WR?"

He did throw to a guy named Crabtree when he was around and we saw him go through progressions last season.

I mean why do we expect a guy that's barely have a seasons worth of starts to read the field like Peyton Manning or Tom Brady?

JAY52PWILLS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes roman needs to go this offense is pathetic he doesn't use player that to what they do best they sit on fucking bench n rot. Clyde u right clock/game management is a cluster fuck. Ck7 sitting there every fucking play cant get play off til 00 on clock is past ridiculous stage this has been going on toooo [ long n defenses are teeing off that shit. This offense has a lot of fucked up issues n that's just a few but roman needs to go harbaugh needs to take heat on tthat bs n he now need to call plays himself. ..

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Baldwin can't even track the ball in the air. Manningham doesn't know how to work back to the QB and has no field awareness when it comes to picking up first downs. McDonald to date has shown ZERO capability to get open and has unsure hands. Our only WR that is reliable (Boldin) isn't running away from anyone. Kaep isn't playing great, but if you think he has even a decent surrounding cast around him you need to wake up.

Let's add in suspect play calling and pass play design to the list as well.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who the hell do you want Kaep to progress to, exactly? Who do we have other than Boldin and Davis?

Baldwin? LOL.

Manningham? LOL.

McDonald? LOL.

Osgood? LOLOL.

Just because there are people wearing red/gold on the field doesn't mean one should throw to them.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One would expect even college coaches to display better game management than that.

I have to agree but when you add kaepernick's ineptitude at reading a defense pre snap it compounds the problem to this level.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Very true. Those are some legitimate questions to ask and ponder!