• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers-Warriors

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geez, Thompson is a mystery. He scores 38 one night and the next can't even get a shot up. Rest of the team looking pretty good despite the 7 turnovers in the first seven minutes Bogut already two fouls but a good presence inside.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B2B are always hard, not going to make excuses but

1) Clipers didn't play last night, Dubs did

2) Dubs had airplane issues and didn't fly into Flop City until this am.

Still plenty of game left, Dubs should be in this til the end.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B2B are always hard, not going to make excuses but

1) Clipers didn't play last night, Dubs did

2) Dubs had airplane issues and didn't fly into Flop City until this am.

Still plenty of game left, Dubs should be in this til the end.

True. This team can turn around a game fast. Way too many turnovers early but whoever makes a big run in the late part of the game will win.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs could have used HB tonight, a few things i'll remember

1) Steph turned on the El Fuego tonight, 38 pts, 9 for 14 from 3 point land.

2) Steph had 11 turnovers, as good as he was against Blake/Young/Farmer, Cp3 picked him clean
several times

3) Forget the final score, the FG% against defense was horrible tonight. Flop City shot 50% most of the night. that can't happen too often.

Fun game, some high quality shooting, not a lot of defense. Earlier in the game, there was a brief pushing matching between Bogut and DeAndre Jordan. In a fight, I'll take Bogut all day long, but it was just some "pushing".

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Lee getting in foul trouble killed them - he was at five fouls rather early tonight

Reefer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just way to sloppy of play to win on the road against a quality team. Too many turnovers (24), FT attempts given up (50). They also gave up way too many easy buckets. Shot the ball well enough to win, but gotta take better care of the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the same as last year from my observation. The team can't rebound and won't play defense. Jordan had 10 offensive rebounds; 10! That is inexcusable. The team will be able to out-score opponents on many nights but will not win consistently until they can be convinced that defense and rebounding are intgral parts of the game.

Jackson's substituiton patterns were pretty strange too. He puts these wack lineups out there that get the team out of synch and its tough to get back. Poor coaching job last night.

bigjoerico

72 is my year!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby I disagree. I thought the coaching was really good, but just too many turnovers. Our defense has improved greatly over last year, your just going to have bad nights.
It was a fun game to watch and the Dubs kept coming. I see a lot of good things even in the loss.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing and ball movement broke down in stretches last night.

It become the "Steph Show', and Steph was hitting, but man of those shots were early in the shot clock and we didn't use much clock.

Also got to give credit to Cp3, he's a top 3 PG for a reason, marry that to Dudley, Reddick, Barnes, Crawford, and they are going to hit many 3's.

Having HB run around on help defense would have helped us greatly. Steph was put through many screens trying to chase Cp3 all night.. I'm sure that had an effect on the TO's.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not likely they were going to win on the road against a good team coming off a bad loss, in the second game of a back to back (with LA rested). Just shows the Ws are a good but not perfect team. 5 seed predictions seem right. Even the best teams lose 15-20 games. Warriors are going to lose 30-33 games this year, this was one of them.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 games in and we've seen the first "Jarret Jack would've been a contributor" thread.

We need a guy that can take the ball out of Steph's hands for stretches and work him off screens when he's throwing it away as much as he did last night

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ws have definitely improved their starting 5 with Iguodala, but they have a thinner bench without Jack and Landry. Ezeli will be back, and Barnes too, but they are very thin with ball handlers after Curry. I think Iguodala brought it up a few times this game, that's not a great 2nd ball handler option.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ws have definitely improved their starting 5 with Iguodala, but they have a thinner bench without Jack and Landry. Ezeli will be back, and Barnes too, but they are very thin with ball handlers after Curry. I think Iguodala brought it up a few times this game, that's not a great 2nd ball handler option.

Igoudala is fine at handling the ball.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was not likely they were going to win on the road against a good team coming off a bad loss, in the second game of a back to back (with LA rested). Just shows the Ws are a good but not perfect team. 5 seed predictions seem right. Even the best teams lose 15-20 games. Warriors are going to lose 30-33 games this year, this was one of them.

I say they lose 26-30 games. You're pretty much saying they won't improve

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much the same as last year from my observation. The team can't rebound and won't play defense. Jordan had 10 offensive rebounds; 10! That is inexcusable. The team will be able to out-score opponents on many nights but will not win consistently until they can be convinced that defense and rebounding are intgral parts of the game.

Jackson's substituiton patterns were pretty strange too. He puts these wack lineups out there that get the team out of synch and its tough to get back. Poor coaching job last night.

Funny because this team was first in defensive rebounding last year and I think we were top 3 in overall rebounding last year. Stop making dumb comments. Also this team this year will be a lot better defensively

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are three reasons the Warriors lost this game:

1) Turnovers
2) Defense
3) Rebounding

The Warriors put up 115 points last night. That's by all accounts great. You can gripe about the ball movement and this player or that player not playing up to par, but when you put up 115 points, you should win the game. Period.

The Warriors were very careless with the ball last night. Klay and Steph (and to a lesser extent Douglas and Iguodala) both did a terrible job of handling the rock. They gave the Clips too many easy transition buckets off of turnovers and too many extra possessions. The Clips are dangerous when they have the ball and giving them more opportunities than necessary was killer. You're not going to win many games when you turn the ball over 24 times. Doesn't matter if it's the Clippers or Bobcats.

The Warriors rebounding was terrible. All of the bigs did a terrible job boxing out and clearing the defensive glass. Offensive rebounding is a plus, but in order to be a real contender, the defensive glass must be a priority for this team. The only one who I saw out there that was actively getting after it on the glass was Draymond Green. Bogut had 6 boards, Lee had 5, Iguodala had 4 and Klay had 1. That is totally unacceptable. No excuse for it. The Warriors aren't a bad rebounding team in general, but they certainly were last night.

Lastly on defense, I attribute most of this on the coaching staff. First off, having Lee guard Griffin the entire first half and a good amount in the 2nd is unacceptable. You already know Lee's the biggest liability, but you put him on the Clip's best big? That was horrid. They should have played Bogut on Griffin the entire game and sag off him to force him to shoot perimeter shots.

Second, both Griffin and Jordan are not real threats outside of 8 feet. The coaching staff should have focused on either blitzing the pick and roll when CP3 had the ball or at least having a big hedge to force CP3 to operate higher up. Effectively both Bogut and Lee sagged off the pick and gave CP3 clean looks after coming off a hard screen. You want CP3 to be the volume shooter on this team, but you also want them to be contested or hard looks.

Rotations were sloppy, but this could have been easily cleaned up with a more solid game plan. You might attribute this to tired legs on a back to back, but since it's the beginning of the season, there's really no excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say they lose 26-30 games. You're pretty much saying they won't improve

Yeah good point. Maybe 33 is too pessimistic. I can get on board with 26-30.

gsw_lightning

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Yahoo! article, "The Clippers declined to share chapel services with the Warriors prior to a game". Interesting read (with video proof) of the new level of animosity from the Clippers towards the Warriors. My, my, my ... things have changed. Warriors better figure it out fast.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby I disagree. I thought the coaching was really good, but just too many turnovers. Our defense has improved greatly over last year, your just going to have bad nights.
It was a fun game to watch and the Dubs kept coming. I see a lot of good things even in the loss.

Agreed with the turnovers. Way too many. I have to admit they are a fun team to watch but very frustrating. I didn't see a lot of "want to" on defense though.