• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers-Warriors

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The passing and ball movement broke down in stretches last night.
It become the "Steph Show', and Steph was hitting, but man of those shots were early in the shot clock and we didn't use much clock.

Also got to give credit to Cp3, he's a top 3 PG for a reason, marry that to Dudley, Reddick, Barnes, Crawford, and they are going to hit many 3's.

Having HB run around on help defense would have helped us greatly. Steph was put through many screens trying to chase Cp3 all night.. I'm sure that had an effect on the TO's.

That seems to happen when the ball goes inside to Bogut or Lee, but that is probably because they are trying to establish some sort of inside game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny because this team was first in defensive rebounding last year and I think we were top 3 in overall rebounding last year. Stop making dumb comments. Also this team this year will be a lot better defensively

Not being able to rebound absolutely killed them in the San Antonio series and nearly cost them a couple of games in the Denver series as well. If they had not shot the ball lights out they would have lost that series.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs could have used HB tonight, a few things i'll remember

1) Steph turned on the El Fuego tonight, 38 pts, 9 for 14 from 3 point land.

2) Steph had 11 turnovers, as good as he was against Blake/Young/Farmer, Cp3 picked him clean
several times

3) Forget the final score, the FG% against defense was horrible tonight. Flop City shot 50% most of the night. that can't happen too often.

Fun game, some high quality shooting, not a lot of defense. Earlier in the game, there was a brief pushing matching between Bogut and DeAndre Jordan. In a fight, I'll take Bogut all day long, but it was just some "pushing".

All those turnovers led to some easy baskets. I had a bad feeling going into the game. Only the second game of the season, but the Clips were embarrassed in their own building by a lousy Laker team. AND the Clips and the Ws have a nice little rivalry brewing. I would have been very surprised if the Warriors got the win.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing: I grew to hate The Clips last year more than any other team in the league. And with Doc now coaching them, that feeling is growing even more.

How long until the dude has a heart attack? He grips on almost every play. Interesting comparing his court side demeanor to Jackson's. Jackson is stoic, rarely loses his cool toward his players or the refs. Rivers flips out over the most minor of "bad" calls.

_so_money_

Dubmaster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised they lost, but it's the way they lost that burns me. Most of their wounds were self-inflicted. They kept clawing their way back into the game (with little resistance from the Clippers), only to be undone by mostly preventable turnovers. Not being aware that Chris Paul is going to pick you clean 4 out of 5 times if you stand in front of him dribbling, or not realizing Deandre Jordan can leap up and pick off lazy cross-court passes or lobs, is concerning. It's not like those are new, didn't seem like the Dubs were fully prepared. And they should have realized the Clippers were going to be out for blood after their embarrassment in the opener against the Lakers.

I'm also not sold on Harrison Barnes being the solution to this team's bench woes. Let's not forget Barnes has had his own issues being too passive and not scoring in the past. And he'll be playing with people not as talented as the starters around him. For a guy who sometimes has trouble creating his own shot, that could be tough. I'm not at all impressed with Speights, O'Neal, and Douglas so far, especially Speights.

But, it was an entertaining game, I like the scrapping between the two teams and it should make for a great sequel when they play later on.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are three reasons the Warriors lost this game:

1) Turnovers
2) Defense
3) Rebounding

The Warriors put up 115 points last night. That's by all accounts great. You can gripe about the ball movement and this player or that player not playing up to par, but when you put up 115 points, you should win the game. Period.

The Warriors were very careless with the ball last night. Klay and Steph (and to a lesser extent Douglas and Iguodala) both did a terrible job of handling the rock. They gave the Clips too many easy transition buckets off of turnovers and too many extra possessions. The Clips are dangerous when they have the ball and giving them more opportunities than necessary was killer. You're not going to win many games when you turn the ball over 24 times. Doesn't matter if it's the Clippers or Bobcats.

The Warriors rebounding was terrible. All of the bigs did a terrible job boxing out and clearing the defensive glass. Offensive rebounding is a plus, but in order to be a real contender, the defensive glass must be a priority for this team. The only one who I saw out there that was actively getting after it on the glass was Draymond Green. Bogut had 6 boards, Lee had 5, Iguodala had 4 and Klay had 1. That is totally unacceptable. No excuse for it. The Warriors aren't a bad rebounding team in general, but they certainly were last night.

Lastly on defense, I attribute most of this on the coaching staff. First off, having Lee guard Griffin the entire first half and a good amount in the 2nd is unacceptable. You already know Lee's the biggest liability, but you put him on the Clip's best big? That was horrid. They should have played Bogut on Griffin the entire game and sag off him to force him to shoot perimeter shots.

Second, both Griffin and Jordan are not real threats outside of 8 feet. The coaching staff should have focused on either blitzing the pick and roll when CP3 had the ball or at least having a big hedge to force CP3 to operate higher up. Effectively both Bogut and Lee sagged off the pick and gave CP3 clean looks after coming off a hard screen. You want CP3 to be the volume shooter on this team, but you also want them to be contested or hard looks.

Rotations were sloppy, but this could have been easily cleaned up with a more solid game plan. You might attribute this to tired legs on a back to back, but since it's the beginning of the season, there's really no excuse.

Nail head meets hammer.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One more thing: I grew to hate The Clips last year more than any other team in the league. And with Doc now coaching them, that feeling is growing even more.

How long until the dude has a heart attack? He grips on almost every play. Interesting comparing his court side demeanor to Jackson's. Jackson is stoic, rarely loses his cool toward his players or the refs. Rivers flips out over the most minor of "bad" calls.

You basically described the Spurs to me. No particular order, teams that I hate

Heat, SAS, FLop City.

Lakers used to be on that list, but with Kobe injured and Nash aging, they aren't going to be good enough to be "hated".

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised they lost, but it's the way they lost that burns me. Most of their wounds were self-inflicted. They kept clawing their way back into the game (with little resistance from the Clippers), only to be undone by mostly preventable turnovers. Not being aware that Chris Paul is going to pick you clean 4 out of 5 times if you stand in front of him dribbling, or not realizing Deandre Jordan can leap up and pick off lazy cross-court passes or lobs, is concerning. It's not like those are new, didn't seem like the Dubs were fully prepared. And they should have realized the Clippers were going to be out for blood after their embarrassment in the opener against the Lakers.

I'm also not sold on Harrison Barnes being the solution to this team's bench woes. Let's not forget Barnes has had his own issues being too passive and not scoring in the past. And he'll be playing with people not as talented as the starters around him. For a guy who sometimes has trouble creating his own shot, that could be tough. I'm not at all impressed with Speights, O'Neal, and Douglas so far, especially Speights.

But, it was an entertaining game, I like the scrapping between the two teams and it should make for a great sequel when they play later on.

I'm not so sure about HB being the 6th man either. I have a suspicion Klay will be in that role for atleast 30% of the season. In the preaseason, Klay flourished coming off the bench and is comfortable being the #1 option. Even in the 1st two games, we've seen Klay left out there with the 2nd unit.

A lot of knee jerk reactions from the 1st two games, but I have a feeling the Dubs are still going to be in the mix for the top 4 spots for the playoffs.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You basically described the Spurs to me. No particular order, teams that I hate

Heat, SAS, FLop City.

Lakers used to be on that list, but with Kobe injured and Nash aging, they aren't going to be good enough to be "hated".

I really admire the Spurs organization and the current crop of players they have. Very few team-first guys in the NBA anymore but the Spurs have a bunch.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read the Yahoo! article, "The Clippers declined to share chapel services with the Warriors prior to a game". Interesting read (with video proof) of the new level of animosity from the Clippers towards the Warriors. My, my, my ... things have changed. Warriors better figure it out fast.

Wow and I thought steph curry was CP3s buddy