• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clemson assistant MBB bragging about how Clemson football keeps violations on the DL

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was barely alive in 1991 so i'm not all that familiar with VT's recruiting practices back then but i am pretty sure they weren't knocking out top-5 recruiting classes. They also had the best head coach in their history at the helm coaching and less than a decade later they lucked out getting probably the most athletic quarterback in a generation. I doubt VT has been 100% lilly white in recent history, but i do not believe they have had a consistent history of egregious cheating in the Beamer and post-Beamer era. (VT was on probation when Beamer took the job after Bill Dooley though if I remember correctly)

In 1991 Beamer wasn't the best head coach in their history.

As for the most athletic QB in a generation.....what exactly drew a Newport News projects kid to sleepy town where 78% of the population is white?

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 1991 Beamer wasn't the best head coach in their history.

As for the most athletic QB in a generation.....what exactly drew a Newport News projects kid to sleepy town where 78% of the population is white?

Beamer drew him there. He picked VT over Syracuse for crying out loud. And picked VT over them because Vick actually wanted to redshirt and Beamer promised him he would. Vick was only the 2nd best highschool QB in Virginia that year and got overshadowed to some extent because of that.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marcus Peters <--- best college football CB during his career at Washington and Petersen gave his cocky ass the boot for his bad attitude and rudeness towards the coaching staff.

That's your example? Ell Oh fukin' Ell

Dabo did the same with plenty of players. Sporting News High School Player of the Year Mike Bellamy was kicked off the team. Chad Kelly? Kicked to the curb.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's your example? Ell Oh fukin' Ell

Dabo did the same with plenty of players. Sporting News High School Player of the Year Mike Bellamy was kicked off the team. Chad Kelly? Kicked to the curb.
Peters was a Sarkisian recruit. Petersen tries to be careful in the kids that he gives offers to. Only four college football teams made less offers than Washington last season.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beamer drew him there. He picked VT over Syracuse for crying out loud. And picked VT over them because Vick actually wanted to redshirt and Beamer promised him he would. Vick was only the 2nd best highschool QB in Virginia that year and got overshadowed to some extent because of that.

At the time Syracuse was the better program. They were either tied or ahead of VT in the Big East standings for years ahead of his commitment, and had McNabb to show what their offense could do for a QB with his skills. You suppose Jim Druckenmiller showed Vick what Beamer's offense could do for Vick?

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there’s the presumption of innocence in general. A more specific example is Iowa, which runs a clean program.
Iowa has had major infractions So try again

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What can one glean from this thread?

If we define “cheating” as “breaking NCAA rules”, fans fall into these categories:

1. My team doesn’t cheat because they are purer than everyone else.
2. My team cheats, but so does everyone else.
3. I really don’t care who cheats.

Given the teams supported in here, option 1 is a pretty poor bet from a logical standpoint. If OTHER successful teams have to pay players, it’s most likely EVERY successful team does. ALL of the successful programs recruit the same group of players.

For full disclosure, I fall into category 3.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa has had major infractions So try again

Foe whatever reason, Iowa fans tend to be sanctimonious assholes whenever discussing this topic. They touch themselves thinking about 8-5 Ferentz.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peters was a Sarkisian recruit. Petersen tries to be careful in the kids that he gives offers to. Only four college football teams made less offers than Washington last season.
Sounds like he was looking for any excuse to process out players to get extra scholarships.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like he was looking for any excuse to process out players to get extra scholarships.
He gave the kid the boot midway through the season when the kid was leading the conference in INT's.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we define “cheating” as “breaking NCAA rules”, fans fall into these categories:

Given the teams supported in here, option 1 is a pretty poor bet from a logical standpoint. If OTHER successful teams have to pay players, it’s most likely EVERY successful team does. ALL of the successful programs recruit the same group of players.

Option #1 wouldn't make much sense to a fan of an SEC team.

MarkOU

License to Thrill
Hoopla Cash
$ 287.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm just a messenger.

Coming from a fan of a program that has had issues in the past and suffered for it, I'm just pulling back the curtain. The ncaa are cocksuckers. That's the only true feelings I have on any of these scandles but its fun to take shots.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just a messenger.

Coming from a fan of a program that has had issues in the past and suffered for it, I'm just pulling back the curtain. The ncaa are cocksuckers. That's the only true feelings I have on any of these scandles but its fun to take shots.

I cannot give enough likes for “the ncaa are cocksuckers”.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5b1c0009f7b09d3e9c000003.jpeg

Tidergirl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only on this board, but other college football boards you will see posters mention the Clemson - PED thing ... but you'll never see Bama posters complaining about it and I have a theory on that. In the eyes of your average Bama fan they're thinking; 'Clemson beat us at our own game and we'll just have to up ours this offseason.'
Sounds like good strategy.

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rod, once again, you're an idiot. That was not his car. Ray Ray would have driven that all over the place if he had it. The guy wanted to use this as a promotional photo without Ray Ray's knowledge, but he took the photo down after Clemson went after him (since you can't do promotional photos). In the video, he's talking about resources for development, like the $60 million athletic village.

I'm a little worried that every post you make is about Clemson. I don't know if I've ever seen you post about South Carolina. Look, we get it. Being a gamecock must really, really suck. Not only are you guys irrelevant, but you have a hated rival in the upstate which actually accomplishes things. You guys are bottom feeders in all sports (except baseball for a few year stretch back in the day, which you know no South Carolinian actually cares about - and yet Clemson has still historically dominated you). Clemson has two of the last three national championships in football and has nearly doubled your wins in the series. In academics, you guys are the fifth or sixth best school in the state, while Clemson is perennially ranked #1 in the state and in the top 25 public schools in the country. There's also the fact that there are massive employment differences between the schools (with Clemson grads having a 10% higher graduation rate and making more than $10,000 a year more than their Coot counterparts) and that 99% of Carolina fans are just illiterate rednecks that have no ties to the university. Geographically, you're stuck in Columbia, objectively the worst city in SC, with massive crime rates and high poverty, while Clemson is an idyllic college town in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I mean, we all feel bad that you have to deal with that. But it's not healthy to dwell so much on a single school that's not your own. Maybe take a page out of AlaskaGuy's or UCFHonors playbook, and at least take some pride in your own school, instead of only being bitter about a better one up the road from you.

Rod Freakin' Dangerfield

Bringing the COCK to SportsHoopla!
Hoopla Cash
$ 14.95
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod, once again, you're an idiot. That was not his car. Ray Ray would have driven that all over the place if he had it. The guy wanted to use this as a promotional photo without Ray Ray's knowledge, but he took the photo down after Clemson went after him (since you can't do promotional photos). In the video, he's talking about resources for development, like the $60 million athletic village.

I'm a little worried that every post you make is about Clemson. I don't know if I've ever seen you post about South Carolina. Look, we get it. Being a gamecock must really, really suck. Not only are you guys irrelevant, but you have a hated rival in the upstate which actually accomplishes things. You guys are bottom feeders in all sports (except baseball for a few year stretch back in the day, which you know no South Carolinian actually cares about - and yet Clemson has still historically dominated you). Clemson has two of the last three national championships in football and has nearly doubled your wins in the series. In academics, you guys are the fifth or sixth best school in the state, while Clemson is perennially ranked #1 in the state and in the top 25 public schools in the country. There's also the fact that there are massive employment differences between the schools (with Clemson grads having a 10% higher graduation rate and making more than $10,000 a year more than their Coot counterparts) and that 99% of Carolina fans are just illiterate rednecks that have no ties to the university. Geographically, you're stuck in Columbia, objectively the worst city in SC, with massive crime rates and high poverty, while Clemson is an idyllic college town in the Blue Ridge Mountains. I mean, we all feel bad that you have to deal with that. But it's not healthy to dwell so much on a single school that's not your own. Maybe take a page out of AlaskaGuy's or UCFHonors playbook, and at least take some pride in your own school, instead of only being bitter about a better one up the road from you.

So you're calling me an idiot, however............you're saying the Tillmanite in the picture is Ray Ray. LOL! It's Tee Higgins you dumb piece of shit!!!!!!!

Calling someone an idiot then going on a long rant explaining about Ray Ray & a car, but it isn't even Ray Ray! What a dumb fuck!!!!

DeafOranguntan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,105.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're calling me an idiot, however............you're saying the Tillmanite in the picture is Ray Ray. LOL! It's Tee Higgins you dumb piece of shit!!!!!!!

Calling someone an idiot then going on a long rant explaining about Ray Ray & a car, but it isn't even Ray Ray! What a dumb fuck!!!!

You're right. Slip of the tongue. Doesn't respond to my larger point though.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Clemson has started an internal investigation
And now Dabo has a new 10 year, $93 million contract

:)