• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chris Harris said Wilson is better than Luck

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the bears were the 2nd best offense in football last year?

When they talk about best offensive & defensive teams they go by yards per game because points per game can be very misleading. For example last year the Texans finished 24th in points per game allowed but were 7th in yards per game allowed last year.

But I guess you know more than everyone.

Winners are determined by points, not yards. Only a Saints fan would be more impressed with yards than points.

BoBlake

Hoopla Cash
$ 937.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If team a for example allows 19 ppg & 307 yards per game while team B allows 17.5 ppg & 370 yards per game. Which defense is the better overall defense? Everyone with a brain takes team a without thinking about it

WHAT!!!!!

That is the most silly thing I've ever heard. Seriously. The. Most. Silly. Thing. I've. EVER. Heard. Ever!

Raise your hand if you want the defense that allows less yards (which don't win games) but more points (which do win games).

I hope you still have time to edit your post, cause that was dumb!!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the bears were the 2nd best offense in football last year?

When they talk about best offensive & defensive teams they go by yards per game because points per game can be very misleading. For example last year the Texans finished 24th in points per game allowed but were 7th in yards per game allowed last year.

But I guess you know more than everyone.

Seeing they went 2-14 that should refute your first statement. PPG is more important right?

Yards dont mean shit turnover ratio and redzone d do

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it would not. I never said being a top scoring defense is a bad thing. What I'm saying that a better judge of vest offensive & defensive teams is to look at yards per game.

If team a for example allows 19 ppg & 307 yards per game while team B allows 17.5 ppg & 370 yards per game. Which defense is the better overall defense? Everyone with a brain takes team a without thinking about it

Denver was the 19th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed but was one of 3 teams that allowed fewer than 300 points. So were they the 19th ranked defense or the 3rd ranked defense?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can take a two game sample size and make any QB in the history of the NFL look mistake prone....lol

If we are discussing the playoffs (when it counts the most) I don't think you could paint Wilson in a negative light or as "mistake prone".

I look forward to the attempt.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but their ppg was bad because schaub was throwing a pick 7 in every game. Another thing is points oer game allowed include defensive & special team touchdowns so your defense may not even be on the field for a few of the touchdowns allowed. Also you have to consider turnovers.....if you have a shitty offense who is constantly turning the ball over and giving the opposing offense a short field to work with, how is that the defense fault? Points per game offensively & defensively can be very misleading because there are several other factors you must consider.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT!!!!!

That is the most silly thing I've ever heard. Seriously. The. Most. Silly. Thing. I've. EVER. Heard. Ever!

Raise your hand if you want the defense that allows less yards (which don't win games) but more points (which do win games).

I hope you still have time to edit your post, cause that was dumb!!

The one that held their opponent to 17.5 is more likely to win the game, so I'll take that one. :L

And I'm gonna guess that the team that gave up more yards with less points probably had more turnovers than the other team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are discussing the playoffs (when it counts the most) I don't think you could paint Wilson in a negative light or as "mistake prone".

I look forward to the attempt.

No, he's not mistake prone.....mainly because he doesn't have the pressure of carrying his garbage subpar team. I think the 108 yards passing in last years' divisional round proves that....lol

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but their ppg was bad because schaub was throwing a pick 7 in every game. Another thing is points oer game allowed include defensive & special team touchdowns so your defense may not even be on the field for a few of the touchdowns allowed. Also you have to consider turnovers.....if you have a shitty offense who is constantly turning the ball over and giving the opposing offense a short field to work with, how is that the defense fault? Points per game offensively & defensively can be very misleading because there are several other factors you must consider.

Valid point

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver was the 19th ranked defense in terms of yards allowed but was one of 3 teams that allowed fewer than 300 points. So were they the 19th ranked defense or the 3rd ranked defense?

Not sure what you're looking at. They finished 19th in yards per game allowed and 22nd in points per game allowed as they gave up 25 points per game so they gave up roughly 400 points

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And teams that play with a high tempo rarely have defenses that put up statistically good numbers when it comes to yardage.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, he's not mistake prone.....mainly because he doesn't have the pressure of carrying his garbage subpar team. I think the 108 yards passing in last years' divisional round proves that....lol

Luck has turned the ball over in the first or second possession of each of his playoff games.

But yeah, its only his "garbage sub par team" that applies the pressure.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you're looking at. They finished 19th in yards per game allowed and 22nd in points per game allowed as they gave up 25 points per game so they gave up roughly 400 points

I was on the 2012 page. My bad.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For a guy that doesn't care about this debate you sure seem involved.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck has turned the ball over in the first or second possession of each of his playoff games.

But yeah, its only his "garbage sub par team" that applies the pressure.

Well if Luck could just hand the ball off the entire game and throw for 108 yards, I'm sure the Colts would've won....lol

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Unless you have a sts like the bears in 06, that will equal out over the entirety of the season.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if Luck could just hand the ball off the entire game and throw for 108 yards, I'm sure the Colts would've won....lol

First or second possession, each game. That early you can't blame it on lack of running game. I've never seen a "great" player need so many excuses.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe if he didn't dig himself into huge holes to start the games, he wouldn't have to throw so much.

Nah.

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He does make plays when he needs to. Wilson is so good at converting those critical 3rd downs. His passer rating north of 100 in the playoffs is impressive.