• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

chiefs vs bengals thoughts.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we win this one.

but there are some reasons for optimism.

1. Joe Burrow having more time to get into the swing of things, the whole team really. we might even get a running game going.

2. Tee Higgins could be back.

3. Jamarr Chase, after practicing, could finally get a decent 100 yard game.

honestly, I might just find something else to do rather than subject myself to this game, but we'll see.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we win this one.

but there are some reasons for optimism.

1. Joe Burrow having more time to get into the swing of things, the whole team really. we might even get a running game going.

2. Tee Higgins could be back.

3. Jamarr Chase, after practicing, could finally get a decent 100 yard game.

honestly, I might just find something else to do rather than subject myself to this game, but we'll see.
Higgin's has been all but labeled as out. Don't count on him for this game.

Burrow looked like shit most of the game against the daunting Patriot's so he has only but up to go, so yeah, some optimism to look forward to.

Ja'marr will be fine if Burrow can figure out how to get him the ball, unless he is thinking about his contract instead of catching the ball.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 is weird. Looking at the QB numbers across the league really amplifies this point. I just don't think offenses are really ready to play after the country club training camps that are now commonplace in the NFL. Regardless of how crappy we looked last week, I won't be surprised if we are able to go into KC and win. I also won't be surprised if we get our doors blown off because we are still not ready for the season. Here is what I am looking at:

1) What does Burrow look like? Do we see any evidence that he is physically compromised or mentally still struggling? Or do we see him working his way back into his game. No matter what happens during this game, this will be the biggest story to me. The sooner he gets back to form, the sonner we'll start consistently winning.

2) Defensive communication - The Patriots didn't have much of an advanced passing attack. They also didn't really have weapons. This week, we need to deal with a physical back and some talent at receiver along with Kelce. We're lucky to be avoiding Hollywood Brown, but still have to deal with Rice and the rookie. I'm not sure how many felonies someone actually has to commit to get suspended from the Chiefs, but Rice is certainly pushing that limit. Anyway, I'm interested to see how the reworked secondary can handle a sophisticated passing game.

3) Coaching - If you want to win in KC, you're going to have to be aggressive. I'd like to see the coaches coach the game like they aren't scared.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we have going in our favor is that I'm going to KC for the weekend for the game and they are 4-0 when I'm in attendance.
I'm really not looking forward to it.

I was supposed to go to last week's game, but had to sell my ticket when the flight prices skyrocketed, and then I got a bad case of covid, so last week's flop could possibly be my fault.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing we have going in our favor is that I'm going to KC for the weekend for the game and they are 4-0 when I'm in attendance.
I'm really not looking forward to it.

I was supposed to go to last week's game, but had to sell my ticket when the flight prices skyrocketed, and then I got a bad case of covid, so last week's flop could possibly be my fault.
Can't put that one on you bud, but I do appreciate you being there for the team considering how far away you live. Your luck to this point has been appreciated. haha

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 is weird. Looking at the QB numbers across the league really amplifies this point. I just don't think offenses are really ready to play after the country club training camps that are now commonplace in the NFL. Regardless of how crappy we looked last week, I won't be surprised if we are able to go into KC and win. I also won't be surprised if we get our doors blown off because we are still not ready for the season. Here is what I am looking at:

1) What does Burrow look like? Do we see any evidence that he is physically compromised or mentally still struggling? Or do we see him working his way back into his game. No matter what happens during this game, this will be the biggest story to me. The sooner he gets back to form, the sonner we'll start consistently winning.

2) Defensive communication - The Patriots didn't have much of an advanced passing attack. They also didn't really have weapons. This week, we need to deal with a physical back and some talent at receiver along with Kelce. We're lucky to be avoiding Hollywood Brown, but still have to deal with Rice and the rookie. I'm not sure how many felonies someone actually has to commit to get suspended from the Chiefs, but Rice is certainly pushing that limit. Anyway, I'm interested to see how the reworked secondary can handle a sophisticated passing game.

3) Coaching - If you want to win in KC, you're going to have to be aggressive. I'd like to see the coaches coach the game like they aren't scared.
Physically - Burrow is fine. He's got to get his eyes back up - he dropped them way too often and way too soon in week 1. That's what happens when you are facing a "live" rush for the 1st time in 9 months. Practice rush doesn't work because everyone knows the QB is off limits. Easy to look good when you know you're not going to get hit. He needed those live bullet reps. Overall, the offense has to sustain some drives and keep the defense off the field more. Starting the game with 3 straight 3-outs just shouldn't be a thing with this offense. It just shouldn't.

Defense will be fine if they just tackle. The fact that they had 14 missed tackles is mind-numbing, but also points to the fact that guys were there to make the plays. The fits were right, and gaps were filled properly - guys just didn't execute at the point of attack. If they just clean that portion up, they should be fine. Not to mention - if the offense can sustain some drives, they won't have to be out on the field nearly as much, as mentioned above.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Sunday. Lose to the worst team, then play the best? winning can't be that arbitrary

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance Sunday. Lose to the worst team, then play the best? winning can't be that arbitrary
Do you not follow Cincinnati sports at all....LOL

Even the Reds follow this pattern. They are like 15-4 against the best teams they've faced this year outside of the NLC - and are like 20 games under .500 against everyone else...

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you not follow Cincinnati sports at all....LOL

Even the Reds follow this pattern. They are like 15-4 against the best teams they've faced this year outside of the NLC - and are like 20 games under .500 against everyone else...
Not mention the Reds have won like their last 9 games against the Astros. The ASTROS!! Professional sports is that arbitrary but in this particular case, I don't think we are ready for one of our biggest nemesis in week 2 the way we conduct preseason. This is preseason for us, and the Chiefs are ready to reel off 7 to 8 wins in a row.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not mention the Reds have won like their last 9 games against the Astros. The ASTROS!! Professional sports is that arbitrary but in this particular case, I don't think we are ready for one of our biggest nemesis in week 2 the way we conduct preseason. This is preseason for us, and the Chiefs are ready to reel off 7 to 8 wins in a row.
Meh.... The Chiefs weren't exactly a juggernaut in week 1. And they are also prone to slower starts. I wouldn't be surprised if they showed some rust on Sunday. We match up well with them. Every game we've played with them the last 3 seasons have been close. No reason to believe it should different now.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Made the mistake of catching up on the NFL news on (the artist formerly known as) twitter. All of the talking heads are shitting all over Burrow - There is even an active conversation about whether he has sucked for the last 3 years. It's unreal.

I can tell you this - It might not be this week but I think sometime soon, Joe is going to absolutely destroy another team. He thrives when he is counted out.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! Made the mistake of catching up on the NFL news on (the artist formerly known as) twitter. All of the talking heads are shitting all over Burrow - There is even an active conversation about whether he has sucked for the last 3 years. It's unreal.

I can tell you this - It might not be this week but I think sometime soon, Joe is going to absolutely destroy another team. He thrives when he is counted out.
Once he gets going - he's fire more than not. It's why the Bengals run the table nearly every year mid-season on.

Problem is - Taylor refuses to let him get warmed up in pre-season so weeks 1-3+ are essentially wasted....

Make it make sense....

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh..... Watch Tee Higgins walking/jogging into practice. That limp is pretty extreme - It's hard for me to imagine that he will be back on the field before October. Maybe for the first Ravens game?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh..... Watch Tee Higgins walking/jogging into practice. That limp is pretty extreme - It's hard for me to imagine that he will be back on the field before October. Maybe for the first Ravens game?
I'm starting iosivas on my fantasy team as a handicap.

my alternative is Tolbert of dallas and tyler boyd of ten. i believe in tyler, but not his QB.

feel bad about higgins, but maybe he should just have surgery and call it a wash.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little off-topic and at the risk of sounding like a hater..... Why the fuck is Rashee Rice playing football right now? I get the whole legal process thing, but the dude has basically admitted to the high speed chase that injured drivers and ended with him and some friends ditching their vehicles. Players in college and pro football have had multiple high-speed incidents that have caused serious issues. The league is going to look pretty weak on discipline when someone else gets hurt.

Plus, I'd rather he not play. LOL.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer to panic in peace

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sad and disgusted. I think really it all boils down to Burrow just not being in his groove. it will take him a few weeks at least. Chase missed practice so he didn't get that involved. if he runs the routes in practice, then they get him the ball during the games, and then his stats will go up and he can get that big contract. but if he fucks around, he's going to find out.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far the game is going much better than I had anticipated.