• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs @ Broncos

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit. Another nail biter. Why the hell weren't we calling our TO's there? I seriously don't get that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow wow wow

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit! Ah well..

It was inevitable. Still, what a colossal waste of time of possession by the Chiefs...:L

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unreal its a win but the Broncos have issues. Still to many holes on this team if they want to become SuperBowl champs. Lucky its early in the season. Now Seattle will be pissed and at home. Denver has there work cut out for them. Thats for sure. Just saying.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much like last week, it wasn't pretty, but a win is a win and I'll take it.

I'll take a 24-17 win every game.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. We really need to do a better job at handling opposing defense's halftime adjustments. This offense is too good to only score 10 points in the second half of both games. This should have been a steamroll with KC as banged up as they were. And we really need better containment on Smith. Still, 2-0 going into next week is better than 0-2. These last minute stops are not healthy though. We really need to get some blowouts......ha!

HOF-ELWAY-7

Speed Kills
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the middle of last season Del Rio simplified the D and they got a lot better. Terrible strategy today. I like Jack but let your players play dammit! It was stupid D today.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. We really need to do a better job at handling opposing defense's halftime adjustments. This offense is too good to only score 10 points in the second half of both games. This should have been a steamroll with KC as banged up as they were. And we really need better containment on Smith. Still, 2-0 going into next week is better than 0-2. These last minute stops are not healthy though. We really need to get some blowouts......ha!

Hard for the offense to get rolling when the Chiefs have a 10 minute drive because on 2 3rd and long JDR goes with a 3 man rush and Smith has all day to throw. The 3rd down defense has to improve. Im just not sold on JDR. Ball on pass protection and running the ball has to get better. Having doubts like I always have about Ball. The Broncos must play better next week to have a shot of winning. Just saying.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually, I get the game here in the middle of the B1G. Not on Sunday this time.

My wife and I had to settle for watching the Packers and the score updates trail across the screen. We did not bother with doing internet stuff to get the game.

I have been a Denver Donkey fan since the 1960s when I took up snow skiing. Then I went to school in Golden and watched the transformation of Denver from Donkeys to Super Bowl contenders. My wife became a fan once she started dating me and I explained the game to her, she is from Norway. Didn't hurt that John Elway took over as QB at that time. She is a huge Elway fan.

The extra bonus was watching the Raiders final score cross the screen also. Nice to see the Seahawks lose, to bad it was the Chargers.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the way yesterday went with NFL teams that were SUPPOSED to win, I'm not complaining at all about this W.

Go Broncos

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts:

3rd down defense needs to improve. That has been said and repeated. Between giving up long conversions or having some of the worst-timed penalties there were moments I thought our defense was actually on their side! Also, the pass rush is not living up to the expectations. Two teams with dinged up O-lines shut down our pass rush. That is something I'd like to see improve. I think the defense will improve as it gels. Keep in mind there are a lot of new faces on this unit. And ultimately a 4th down stop inside the 5 with the win to protect is a good sign. Not impressive, not even good, but far from time to panic over the defense.

The offense needs to get better at running the ball. It is a huge disappointment to see a lot of no-gain or short gains on 1st down. With all the changes to our O-line I am inclined to believe this will improve, so I am witholding judgment for now. I really want to see this team post a 160+ rushing yard performance.

The offense as a whole doesn't appear to be hitting on all cylinders. Maybe Welker's absence is a bigger loss than I thought it would be. Still, Manning is 6-0 on TDs-Int, and our impotent ground game has not coughed it up. In two games there have been no offensive turnovers, something we should all be happy about. Turnovers are hard to stop once they start, and I will go to my grave believing turnovers were the undoing of the 2013 Broncos.

I know Caldwell will catch a lot of grief for the dropped passes this week and last, but did you guys notice his block on the TD pass to Tamme? He directly tied up 2 defenders himself, and pushed them into the path of a 3rd.

Bottom line: 24-17 counds for as much a win as 55-0. A win against an AFC West rival is always something to celebrate, especially one coming off an 11-5 season. You can throw out the record book in this series. Remember, the 2012 Chiefs finished 2-14 but played the Broncos tough in a 17-9 grinder.

Go Broncos!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things stood out over the wknd.. To many damn penalties everywhere. I decided to for- go NFL Sunday ticket this yr but I did retain the Red Zone and it was unbelievable. Couldn`t watch one play without a flag, Denver D on 3rd down...11-16 converted by KC. That`s been a major prob for this team for last 10 friggin yrs., Denver Offfense.. 10 pts scored in 2nd half in 2 gms??, rush yds on 1st down... horrible! Somebody needs to let the O-line know that in this league you have to run blk as well if you want to be a starter,.. "Tuck" rule, Alex Smith play in 4th...Somebody tell me why, if there going to call this rediculous rule an incomplete pass, they don`t call " intentional grounding" as well? He was between the tackles, the ball didn`t get to line of scrimmage and there wasn`t a reciever in the area!!. Seems to me that should also be implemented as well. Stupid! Next wk vs a pissed off Seattle at home could very well be a repeat of SB if somethings don`t improve drastically on both sides of ball IMO Gents:)

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great post iknowfootball, and I agree with most of it. Although the run game hasn't looked great, they have been able to pick up first downs on third and fourth and short, and that's really important. I do hold out hope that the defense can get better as time goes on and they play more together, as well as guys like Harris and Miller get fully recovered from their injuries and the defense gets their conditioning better. I am sick of the 3 man rush, though, and I hope we never see that again.

The bottom line is although it hasn't been pretty the Broncos are 2-0 and the defense has made a stop to preserve the win in both games. I do believe the Broncos have got to get better if they want to win the Super Bowl, but the good news is they've got a lot of season left to do that. I have a feeling that if they looked great the first two weeks some people would be complaining that they're peaking too soon.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couple of things stood out over the wknd.. To many damn penalties everywhere. I decided to for- go NFL Sunday ticket this yr but I did retain the Red Zone and it was unbelievable. Couldn`t watch one play without a flag, Denver D on 3rd down...11-16 converted by KC. That`s been a major prob for this team for last 10 friggin yrs., Denver Offfense.. 10 pts scored in 2nd half in 2 gms??, rush yds on 1st down... horrible! Somebody needs to let the O-line know that in this league you have to run blk as well if you want to be a starter,.. "Tuck" rule, Alex Smith play in 4th...Somebody tell me why, if there going to call this rediculous rule an incomplete pass, they don`t call " intentional grounding" as well? He was between the tackles, the ball didn`t get to line of scrimmage and there wasn`t a reciever in the area!!. Seems to me that should also be implemented as well. Stupid! Next wk vs a pissed off Seattle at home could very well be a repeat of SB if somethings don`t improve drastically on both sides of ball IMO Gents:)

Because they don't call intentional grounding when you get hit as you throw it because the hit is obviously affecting where the ball goes.

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yah....ikf hit on a really good point, and that is we've had no turnovers on offense yet. Probably a good thing too because we couldn't have afforded any. Both games were nail biters and came right down to the end when they should have. The stagnant 2nd half offense has to improve, and while the run game was far better yesterday than a week ago; it still needs work.

Oh well....all in all we're 2-0 and that's what really matters, but we've got work to do. This Sunday night matchup against Seattle in their place is going to give us a really good idea of what this team is going to be made of this year.

The penalties and KC 3rd down conversions yesterday were heinous. I'm sure it'll be a point of practice this week as I saw Fox going bizerk on the sidelines after a couple of the offside calls. Rightfully so.....I mean we had what? 6-7 of them?