• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chiefs @ Broncos

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive noticed to the defense wasnt set and ready to go on many plays. Communication issues most likely with hopefully Trevathon returning down the road that will help. The 3 man rush has to go. How many 3rd and longs do the Broncos have to give up until JDR quits with that bs? A 10 minute drive for the Chiefs to start the 2nd half was down right pathetic. M. Ball has to get it going or just give the ball to C.J. Anderson more often. Ball did miss a few holes yesterday and his pass blocking is suspect as well. The special teams played very well and there hasnt been any turnovers which is a big improvement from last year. Time to get ready for Seattle. Just saying.

I mentioned this on another thread, but I'll go ahead and address it here as well. On their first drive of the second half, the Chiefs faced a third and 8. The Broncos blitzed, the Chiefs hit a big play to Donnie Avery, but the play was called back due to holding. So now it's 3rd and 18, the Broncos go to a 3 man rush, and Smith is able to hit Kelce for a 20 yard gain and a first down. Now I still don't like the 3 man rush but I understand it there in context, and it actually would have worked if Bradley Roby hadn't bit on a pump fake. He moved away from his zone along the sideline which opened up room for the pass to Kelce. If he stayed home that area is covered and the Chiefs would have been punting.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those commenting on Ball not getting it done he did average 5 yards a carry yesterday with our OL getting pushed back more than I like. I have seen him break tackles on quite a few plays to just get back to the LOS. So I guess I just don't know what I am missing about his play so far. Yes he has missed a couple of holes so that can improve but overall I have been satisfied with his play on the field.

I agree I think the criticism of Ball is pretty stupid. I haven't seen him miss many holes, and he's broken several tackles. I'm not sure what he's supposed to do when Kevin Vickerson is blowing him up in the backfield right after he gets the handoff. :noidea:

Look at his run on the 3rd and 24. He probably picked up an extra 10 yards do to a nice cut and broken tackles.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned this on another thread, but I'll go ahead and address it here as well. On their first drive of the second half, the Chiefs faced a third and 8. The Broncos blitzed, the Chiefs hit a big play to Donnie Avery, but the play was called back due to holding. So now it's 3rd and 18, the Broncos go to a 3 man rush, and Smith is able to hit Kelce for a 20 yard gain and a first down. Now I still don't like the 3 man rush but I understand it there in context, and it actually would have worked if Bradley Roby hadn't bit on a pump fake. He moved away from his zone along the sideline which opened up room for the pass to Kelce. If he stayed home that area is covered and the Chiefs would have been punting.

If Alex Smith and the limited weapons the Chiefs have can handle the 3 man rush imagine what a great QB with weapons can do. Roby didnt stay home and it didnt work. Those are the facts. Just saying.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Alex Smith and the limited weapons the Chiefs have can handle the 3 man rush imagine what a great QB with weapons can do. Roby didnt stay home and it didnt work. Those are the facts. Just saying.

Roby is young, he can improve on his mistakes. The Chiefs didn't score on that drive and the Broncos won anyway. Those are the facts. Just saying.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat 2 playoff teams from a year ago to open the season and a couple are acting like the sky is falling...I guess I just don't get that. Obviously there are areas we can improve on for this team. I look at just a few mistakes though that were made that otherwise make this game a blowout. The off sides by Q. Smith was a huge one that cost us 7-points. The overturned call on the incomplete pass that ended up being a fumble was another 4-points. The called back screen play by D. Thomas is at least another 3-point. That right there is just 3 plays that cost this team 14 points. IF we win that game by 21 are we still this upset even if there was a 10-minute drive? I don't think so.

Yes the defense has some issues to fix but I think most of us on here said before the season started that it would take some time for so many new faces to gel together. So them having some communication errors at this time is not a surprise to me at all. They have made plays when they had to. Even with all of these errors on the defense they are still only giving up right around 20 points a game (5 points less than last year) and that is with playing 2 teams that finished top half of the league in offensive output last year. So to me the sky is very far from falling at this point. We haven't looked our best yet we are still winning games. Usually a good sign of a good team when you can play your B or C game and still win against quality opponents.