• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago White Sox at Your Texas Rangers 4/18 - 4/20

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big question is what happens when Beltre comes back. Kouz has earned a spot in the everyday lineup at least for the time being but unfortunately that comes at the expense of AB'S for Choice and Moreland. The later of which has also been pretty hot.

I'd play the best player..... And so far this season, Kouzmanoff is outperforming Choice and Moreland. Kouzmanoff deserves to be in the lineup everyday. How do you take a guy out who has hit in every game so far? I think he's played 11 or 12 games.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers would be in first place if they were in the AL East or the AL Central. Oakland has given this team a lot of trouble the last few years. Granted, we have had significant injuries every year and the A's have not. I just think it's worth keeping an eye on them. We need the Astros to not go 3-16 against them like last year, but they are already heading down that path. I'll quit with the Oakland updates. I admit, I do get a kick out of people on here being so upset by it.

You getting such a kick out of annoying people means you need to examine yourself and your values. I've never understood people who get a kick out of being obnoxious.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wash will go to a platoon with kouzmanoff and Moreland and choice will rot on the bench.

Think that sends Choice to AAA and MM alternates with Kouz ( left/right thing)

Yeah, either of these situations are pretty likely. I can also see them not in a rush to get Beltre back to 3 and Dhing him for the first few days or so with Kouz at 3B. Don't like that somehow or another the situation is going to keep one of our best bats on the bench though. Guess it's a good problem to have, however.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, either of these situations are pretty likely. I can also see them not in a rush to get Beltre back to 3 and Dhing him for the first few days or so with Kouz at 3B. Don't like that somehow or another the situation is going to keep one of our best bats on the bench though. Guess it's a good problem to have, however.

The important thing is for Wash to learn from how he handled the Choice situation. Being the Right handed Component of a lefty/ righty DH platoon doesn't give you a lot of ABs on this team. Kouzmanoff would almost certainly cool off just like Choice has.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As much as I love choice and want Moreland to succeed, the fact is Kouz has made this a non issue. He should be hitting every day until he cools off. The problem is, wash has a tendency to try too hard to keep everyone happy and involved and will probably get all three hitters cold by letting none of them stay in a groove.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday is dead and gone and tomorrow is out of sight.......Willie Nelson

We can only control the game in front of us. Tomorrow will come soon enough.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think that sends Choice to AAA and MM alternates with Kouz ( left/right thing)

I'd be all for Choice heading down. And not b/c he's doing anything so wrong. I just want him to get playing time, everyday, and staying sharp b/c he'll be needed later. Hate seeing young guys who get squandered on the bench in the majors.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be all for Choice heading down. And not b/c he's doing anything so wrong. I just want him to get playing time, everyday, and staying sharp b/c he'll be needed later. Hate seeing young guys who get squandered on the bench in the majors.

Can't do that until Adduci gets back otherwise it probably would have happened.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't do that until Adduci gets back otherwise it probably would have happened.

I know some of ya will go crazy with this, but I'd use Moreland as our 4th OF for now, and send Choice down.

OK....I'm seated.....go ahead and begin the bombardment.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The important thing is for Wash to learn from how he handled the Choice situation. Being the Right handed Component of a lefty/ righty DH platoon doesn't give you a lot of ABs on this team. Kouzmanoff would almost certainly cool off just like Choice has.

Not sure what you mean with "Wash learning from how he handled the Choice situation."

And while a guy is hot - you know, kind of how MM was swinging the bat - you need to go with him.

You're right about Kouz will eventually cool off. He's not a LT .350+ hitter. But the down side of this is, while he's hot and we're taking advantage of it, Choice is sitting and no one, especially young hitters, get hot while hitting batting practice.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some of ya will go crazy with this, but I'd use Moreland as our 4th OF for now, and send Choice down.

:lm::fish::hellno:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OK you ask'd for it. I agree.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo, Martin & Rios are getting like 95% of the innings in the OF as it is, Moreland could conceivably be the emergency/4th OFer while Adduci gets well,

Choice needs to be playing more than he is, but the issue is moot until Beltre comes off the DL in several days

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree... that seems like the most reasonable thing to do when Beltre returns. Then Moreland can get a few AB's giving Rios and Choo a little rest as well. I love Choice and think next season he will likely be our everyday RF... He needs to be getting everyday AB's and practice in the field. The only real advantage we would have in keeping Choice up is he can also give Martin some rest in CF. Well that and power of the bench.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our whole family will be at 9:30 PBC. Since Bradley has taken over the music it has been awesome so I look forward to that. But I will visit some day.
What? No Todd Bell? Thought he and Jack Graham would be there forever. I was going to their North Campus in Prosper the last few years I was there.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you mean with "Wash learning from how he handled the Choice situation."

And while a guy is hot - you know, kind of how MM was swinging the bat - you need to go with him.

You're right about Kouz will eventually cool off. He's not a LT .350+ hitter. But the down side of this is, while he's hot and we're taking advantage of it, Choice is sitting and no one, especially young hitters, get hot while hitting batting practice.

Choice was our best hitter during spring training, he even hit better than Kouz. I think most managers would've done a better job of putting Choice in the lineup the first week of the regular season to see if he could sustain his high level of play. If Kouz isn't hitting behind Beltre or at least 6th in the order when Beltre gets back on a consistent basis, then We'll have to see Kouz cool down and Wash fuck up again.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rangers would be in first place if they were in the AL East or the AL Central. Oakland has given this team a lot of trouble the last few years. Granted, we have had significant injuries every year and the A's have not. I just think it's worth keeping an eye on them. We need the Astros to not go 3-16 against them like last year, but they are already heading down that path. I'll quit with the Oakland updates. I admit, I do get a kick out of people on here being so upset by it.

Yeah, but does being in first place really matter that much at this point in the season? We were in first place much of last season and the season before around this time and that didn't get us aywhere. I guess the point here is really just statistics... There are really not enough samples to really say that much about any one team. Again, you don't really know which teams are dominate because even if they have a good record at this point that might have more or as much to do with their strength of schedule thus far in the season than it does with anything else. Need more samples to really determine all this.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choice was our best hitter during spring training, he even hit better than Kouz. I think most managers would've done a better job of putting Choice in the lineup the first week of the regular season to see if he could sustain his high level of play. If Kouz isn't hitting behind Beltre or at least 6th in the order when Beltre gets back on a consistent basis, then We'll have to see Kouz cool down and Wash fuck up again.

Kouz has been playing out of his mind. Him cooling off will be a regression toward the mean, not Wash fucking up.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I love choice and want Moreland to succeed, the fact is Kouz has made this a non issue. He should be hitting every day until he cools off. The problem is, wash has a tendency to try too hard to keep everyone happy and involved and will probably get all three hitters cold by letting none of them stay in a groove.

Completely agree about riding Kouz till he cools off... hopefully wash will. He is the strongest bat we have in the lineup right now. I don't expect it to stay that way but if he could maintain even .300 Avg and continue to drive in runs... He becomes the epitome of come back player of the year. Hell, it would be his best season ever.