• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago White Sox at Your Texas Rangers 4/18 - 4/20

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kouz has been playing out of his mind. Him cooling off will be a regression toward the mean, not Wash fucking up.

Not riding the hot hand while its hot would be wash fucking up.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but does being in first place really matter that much at this point in the season? We were in first place much of last season and the season before around this time and that didn't get us aywhere. I guess the point here is really just statistics... There are really not enough samples to really say that much about any one team. Again, you don't really know which teams are dominate because even if they have a good record at this point that might have more or as much to do with their strength of schedule thus far in the season than it does with anything else. Need more samples to really determine all this.

:agree:

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but does being in first place really matter that much at this point in the season? We were in first place much of last season and the season before around this time and that didn't get us aywhere. I guess the point here is really just statistics... There are really not enough samples to really say that much about any one team. Again, you don't really know which teams are dominate because even if they have a good record at this point that might have more or as much to do with their strength of schedule thus far in the season than it does with anything else. Need more samples to really determine all this.

Case and point would be the Brewers. Are they as good as their record? It's hard to tell at this point. Same with the Rangers or any other team.

Broseidon

M.F.C.E.O.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not riding the hot hand while its hot would be wash fucking up.

Lets hope he's still hot when Beltre gets back, but he's going to need a day off eventually. He's been out of baseball for a couple years

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets hope he's still hot when Beltre gets back, but he's going to need a day off eventually. He's been out of baseball for a couple years

There's a difference between a day off and sitting on the bench 4-5 days a week.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinsler scored from 1st on a walk to Cabrera...

Way to go Angels. :rofl:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case and point would be the Brewers. Are they as good as their record? It's hard to tell at this point. Same with the Rangers or any other team.

Haha... nice, Brewers were one of the first teams that crossed my mind as I was typing that post.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo, Martin & Rios are getting like 95% of the innings in the OF as it is, Moreland could conceivably be the emergency/4th OFer while Adduci gets well,

Choice needs to be playing more than he is, but the issue is moot until Beltre comes off the DL in several days

Exactly. And if Martin needs a day off, we can move Choo over to center. Granted, he's not a very good CF. But if you're only doing it for a game here or there to rest Martin, it shouldn't be anything we can't live with.

From having watched Martin last night, he covers ground like a madman. He turned the wrong way - I mean completely got turned around - but righted himself and then made the catch rather routinely. He also ran down a couple of balls in the gaps which I couldn't see Choo getting too if he's in center. And it looked like the book on him is not to test his arm.

I don't know if y'all could see this on the tube, but whoever it was that hit a very sharp liner into right center and Rios made that terrific catch. But the guy who hit the ball, got to 2nd and it appeared he had little clue Rios had made that sliding grab, and he stood there and mouthed off for about 3/4 seconds. Pretty funny

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would you have Wash do with Kouz when Beltre comes back? Just curious

He'd be in the lineup every day either at dh, or giving Beltre a half day off until he cools off.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What to do with MM?

Kouz is playing better, gotta go with the hot hand in that scenario, when Kouz cools off start giving Moreland ABs vs RHPs

Its the same reason I advocated Moeland over Rios the other day

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kouz is playing better, gotta go with the hot hand in that scenario, when Kouz cools off start giving Moreland ABs vs RHPs

You want MM in the field over Rios?

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:.......And if Moreland is the 4th OF for now, then he could stay sharp by resting the corner OF guys for a game. And as far as AB taking up a home at DH, it's not very easy to get accustomed to hitting and not playing the field IMO. He may not be very good at it, and we all know he'll hate it to begin with. Just not who he is.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want MM in the field over Rios?

No, I wanted Moreland to DH and Adduci to play RF the day after he had that really good game against Seattle

Its hindsight 20/20 bc Rios had a really good game himself in the opener vs Chicago

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:.......And if Moreland is the 4th OF for now, then he could stay sharp by resting the corner OF guys for a game. And as far as AB taking up a home at DH, it's not very easy to get accustomed to hitting and not playing the field IMO. He may not be very good at it, and we all know he'll hate it to begin with. Just not who he is.

If the legs aren't there, then the legs aren't there, we saw the effects on his defense last year, he just doesn't get to the same balls he used to

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I wanted Moreland to DH and Adduci to play RF the day after he had that really good game against Seattle

Its hindsight 20/20 bc Rios had a really good game himself in the opener vs Chicago

Oh okay. That makes more sense.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do most of you see Choice as the likely RF here for next year? This seems to me to be the prevailing train of thought. If so, it's important, perhaps imperative, that this season be one for him to get his game more refined, and it's just very difficult to do this when he plays so little as he is now.

He's a much better OF than Moreland today. But he's also much more raw and it would serve the team, long term, better if he were getting regular playing time/AB at AAA.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do most of you see Choice as the likely RF here for next year? This seems to me to be the prevailing train of thought. If so, it's important, perhaps imperative, that this season be one for him to get his game more refined, and it's just very difficult to do this when he plays so little as he is now.

He's a much better OF than Moreland today. But he's also much more raw and it would serve the team, long term, better if he were getting regular playing time/AB at AAA.

As opposed to paying Rios 13.5 million next year? Yes, I think Choice gives you similar production next year for a fraction of the cost

You lose the steals but I think long term thats about it

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the legs aren't there, then the legs aren't there, we saw the effects on his defense last year, he just doesn't get to the same balls he used to

I concur completely. He wasn't the great AB we've come to appreciate so much last season. Frankly, we may not get to see that man ever again. He's looked better this year, but again, here he is on the DL with leg problems and this is before he's played 20 games.

Maybe/hopefully he can accept the fact that "time waits for no one" and father time is not on his side. Move into the DH role, at least PT, and let Kouz play more for now.

My plan isn't itched in stone. It's more of a week-to-week (or even less) and see what transpires. Very fluid situation.