• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago White Sox at Your Texas Rangers 4/18 - 4/20

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game tonight and had a blast. Sat right on the front row just to the right of the Rangers dugout and got to see things up close and personal. A few takeaways I have from tonight's game which pretty much anyone watching on tv would have had as well:

Perez- beast
Martin- better by the day, turning into a special player
Chirinos- should always start at catcher over Arencibia unless he's exhausted
Kouzmanoff- multiple bad luck hard hit outs, totally locked in though
Elvis- looks better and more confident than last season

Paulino- poor guy should be bagging groceries somewhere instead of pitching

Paulino has been unfortunate w injury but he has been getting thrashed

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:Wake up you sleepy heads. We have a ball game to talk about. Rise and shine.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN:

2. If you are gauging catchers and trying to get the whole picture offensively and defensively, this may not be the most scientific method, but I think it’s a pretty good thing when your catchers’ batting average is higher than pitchers ERA with him behind the plate. After a three hit effort on Friday, Robinson Chirinos is hitting .233. And after nine shutout innings, his catcher’s ERA is 2.25. For the Rangers, that equation should equal more playing time.
The Rangers have won all four of Chirinos’ four starts on the homestand and have allowed a total – a TOTAL – of two runs in those games.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN:

2. If you are gauging catchers and trying to get the whole picture offensively and defensively, this may not be the most scientific method, but I think it’s a pretty good thing when your catchers’ batting average is higher than pitchers ERA with him behind the plate. After a three hit effort on Friday, Robinson Chirinos is hitting .233. And after nine shutout innings, his catcher’s ERA is 2.25. For the Rangers, that equation should equal more playing time.
The Rangers have won all four of Chirinos’ four starts on the homestand and have allowed a total – a TOTAL – of two runs in those games.

I think Chirinos starting more is warranted but at the same time there is a difference in catching Perez, Ross and Darvish as compared to catching Lewis and Scheppers. Now let him catch Lewis today and if the results are stellar then it definitely becomes a no brainer.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This from the DMN:

well....least that sorry ass Washington didn't cost us a game yesterday with such a worthless line up. Now we can always hammer the man every time Chirinos sits. he's young, surely he can catch 29 outta the next 30 games

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Chirinos starting more is warranted but at the same time there is a difference in catching Perez, Ross and Darvish as compared to catching Lewis and Scheppers. Now let him catch Lewis today and if the results are stellar then it definitely becomes a no brainer.

Plus one

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next to the beer keg. Have fun and I will look for you in the Tshirt w/ Rangers written on it.

Actually I'm gonna wear a T-shirt I got from a British regiment while I was working in the Green Zone. On the back is a big blue "A" and it's circled. The two words on it, also in blue are "Baghdad Poacher."

Never fails to draw a few comments.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What exactly is so different about catching Lewis as compared to the other 3? Except of course he's started more games in the majors than those 3 combined.

And he's caught 4 games with only 2 runs allowed, but somehow this 5th game with Colby on the hill is the determining factor for his playing future.

I don't understand.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well....least that sorry ass Washington didn't cost us a game yesterday with such a worthless line up. Now we can always hammer the man every time Chirinos sits. he's young, surely he can catch 29 outta the next 30 games

:L

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Adduci paid off, didn't think it wouldn't, but sitting Moreland right as he was getting in a groove was still the wrong play, even if he ended up 0-5

There's a difference between playing 29 out of 30 and being in a 50/50 split when JPA is just awful

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Adduci paid off, didn't think it wouldn't, but sitting Moreland right as he was getting in a groove was still the wrong play, even if he ended up 0-5

There's a difference between playing 29 out of 30 and being in a 50/50 split when JPA is just awful

couldn't agree more and the catching is starting to play out. I'd expect JPA to catch every 4th game going forward. I also think Washington is doing what most every manager do the first 20 games. get people AB's and not sit someone for a long extended period of time. Moreland will be fine. He hasn't earned 600 ab's just yet and I'm pretty sure I value Moreland more than many stated opinions of the player. It's part of a baseball fans heritage to second guess the manager decisions. I just happen to think many here take it to an extreme and pretty much picked up their rants from last season. Just might be an asswhip to some fans. It's as if his replacement could be found on any street corner. It might have more merit if these same guys were privileged to what is said inside the clubhouse and dugout. They assume the worst and the guy still is the best manager to manger in Texas. Results count to some sports fans I guess. These very same people think JD walks on water when the truth is JD supports Washington's efforts.

Oh well

all together now.....:L

:rollseyes:

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
couldn't agree more and the catching is starting to play out. I'd expect JPA to catch every 4th game going forward. I also think Washington is doing what most every manager do the first 20 games. get people AB's and not sit someone for a long extended period of time. Moreland will be fine. He hasn't earned 600 ab's just yet and I'm pretty sure I value Moreland more than many stated opinions of the player. It's part of a baseball fans heritage to second guess the manager decisions. I just happen to think many here take it to an extreme and pretty much picked up their rants from last season. Just might be an asswhip to some fans. It's as if his replacement could be found on any street corner. It might have more merit if these same guys were privileged to what is said inside the clubhouse and dugout. They assume the worst and the guy still is the best manager to manger in Texas. Results count to some sports fans I guess. These very same people think JD walks on water when the truth is JD supports Washington's efforts.

Oh well

I actually agree with most of this post. As fans we make lots of assumptions too. We assume we know why something was done when in reality we always do not. I am as guilty as the next guy for it myself.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh well

It just bothers me to take a guy out who just had a good game and then sit him on the bench, makes no sense to me, it would bother no matter who was managing, and Wash does it all the time

Like I said, it worked out yesterday and I'm glad, just seemed like a bad time to make that move regardless

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It just bothers me to take a guy out who just had a good game and then sit him on the bench, makes no sense to me, it would bother no matter who was managing, and Wash does it all the time

Like I said, it worked out yesterday and I'm glad, just seemed like a bad time to make that move regardless

You were wrong buddy..... Adduci played well. Get over yourself.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody said he wouldn't you imbicile. Fact is Moreland has been hitting well and you're looking like a moron as usual as you continue to refuse to acknowledge it.

He needs to get over himself? You're the one who's over the damn moon because moreland's replacement played well after Moreland has been hitting well and you think you've proven some kind of point.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wasn't wrong you idiot, i still think it was wrong to sit Moreland in favor of anyone, hindsight is 20/20 it worked out and I'm glad but it was still the wrong move