• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago White Sox at Your Texas Rangers 4/18 - 4/20

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Adduci paid off, didn't think it wouldn't, but sitting Moreland right as he was getting in a groove was still the wrong play, even if he ended up 0-5

There's a difference between playing 29 out of 30 and being in a 50/50 split when JPA is just awful

I agree 100% on the Aducci action. He had a terrific game, but still wrong move to sit MM.

For whatever it's worth, JPA is 3-11 against the starter tonight.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly is so different about catching Lewis as compared to the other 3? Except of course he's started more games in the majors than those 3 combined.

And he's caught 4 games with only 2 runs allowed, but somehow this 5th game with Colby on the hill is the determining factor for his playing future.

I don't understand.

Not sure what you didn't understand. I agree that Chirinos should start more so I did not say he needed to catch a 5th game for it to determine if he plays or not. But Colby has been out for over a year and does not have his stamina back and Tanner stinks. Now if Chirinos caught those two and we gave up 2 runs or less we really have something going on. But even the article stated it was a flawed scientific result. But you have to agree that Darvish, Perez and Ross at this time are our best pitchers.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you didn't understand. I agree that Chirinos should start more so I did not say he needed to catch a 5th game for it to determine if he plays or not. But Colby has been out for over a year and does not have his stamina back and Tanner stinks. Now if Chirinos caught those two and we gave up 2 runs or less we really have something going on. But even the article stated it was a flawed scientific result. But you have to agree that Darvish, Perez and Ross at this time are our best pitchers.

It appears I misinterpreted your overall message. Sorry

And yes, there's no doubt about who our big 3 are.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing Adduci paid off, didn't think it wouldn't, but sitting Moreland right as he was getting in a groove was still the wrong play, even if he ended up 0-5

There's a difference between playing 29 out of 30 and being in a 50/50 split when JPA is just awful

Totally agree on Moreland.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears I misinterpreted your overall message. Sorry

And yes, there's no doubt about who our big 3 are.

No problem. I figured you had so I was trying to explain it a different way. Have a good weekend and enjoy the game.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody said he wouldn't you imbicile. Fact is Moreland has been hitting well and you're looking like a moron as usual as you continue to refuse to acknowledge it.

He needs to get over himself? You're the one who's over the damn moon because moreland's replacement played well after Moreland has been hitting well and you think you've proven some kind of point.

You don't know what you're talking about, the fact that Adduci played well justified sitting Moreland. I doubt we would've got the same quality of production out of Moreland hitting in the same situations. Wash made a good call.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem. I figured you had so I was trying to explain it a different way. Have a good weekend and enjoy the game.

Thanks.

We're meeting up at Bass Pro in Grapevine in a couple hours before heading out.

I hope Lewis pitches as well as he did in the first 5 innings, but maybe get 6+ outta him. Also hope they keep a really sharp eye on him around the 70 pitch count and at the FIRST sign of faltering they yank him.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't know what you're talking about, the fact that Adduci played well justified sitting Moreland. I doubt we would've got the same quality of production out of Moreland hitting in the same situations. Wash made a good call.

Their pitchers sucked last night. Look at the box score and you'll see we had 5 guys - yes Aducci was one of them - who had their best nights of the season last night. So to beat on your chest about how well he did, and he did have a good night, is nonsensical.

It made little to no sense not to let MM stay in the lineup IMO. But let me ask, since he had such a fine game, do you sit MM again tonight?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their pitchers sucked last night. Look at the box score and you'll see we had 5 guys - yes Aducci was one of them - who had their best nights of the season last night. So to beat on your chest about how well he did, and he did have a good night, is nonsensical.

It made little to no sense not to let MM stay in the lineup IMO. But let me ask, since he had such a fine game, do you sit MM again tonight?

I'd play Adduci again..... I know Quintana is a tough lefty, but it's a good time to see what the kid can do when he's at a disadvantage.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jesus Christ you're a moron. There's no possible way you could know any of that and your prejudice against Moreland continues to reveal what a fool you are. Of anybody in here you're at the very top of the list of people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. :L

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd play Adduci again..... I know Quintana is a tough lefty, but it's a good time to see what the kid can do when he's at a disadvantage.

Big shock there.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you'd sit Moreland again correct?

If so, your logic applies only to Mitch. He has a good game, more actually, and it's OK for him to sit. But Aducci has a good game you can't take him out. And like you said, against a tough lefty.

No one had a problem with Aducci playing last night. It's at the players expense, in this case Moreland, the rub is born. And incidentally, this kid and MM are the same age.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd sit Moreland again correct?

If so, your logic applies only to Mitch. He has a good game, more actually, and it's OK for him to sit. But Aducci has a good game you can't take him out. And like you said, against a tough lefty.

No one had a problem with Aducci playing last night. It's at the players expense, in this case Moreland, the rub is born. And incidentally, this kid and MM are the same age.

Believe it or not, I think I'd rather have Bennie on this board than this guy.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody asked your opinion.... You lost to me in fantasy baseball, if I'm a moron then you must be a fucking retard.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His logic, or lack thereof, has me stumped.

I'm just gonna accept he didn't graduate from the Baseball School of Logic, and do my best to go out to see us get another win. Or maybe I'm just a Moreland homer and this would have me stumped too. hahaha

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody asked your opinion.... You lost to me in fantasy baseball, if I'm a moron then you must be a fucking retard.

Wow. You actually think that means you are more knowledgeable about baseball because of a fantasy baseball matchup? Did you really just post that? Keep talking dip shit. You're making my case for me. :laugh3:

Seriously kid what are you, 14, 15 years old?? :pound:

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His logic, or lack thereof, has me stumped.

I'm just gonna accept he didn't graduate from the Baseball School of Logic, and do my best to go out to see us get another win.

This post right here pretty much sums up just how high his baseball iq is. Frankly, I'm fairly certain he hasn't graduated high school.

\/\/\/\/

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. You actually think that means you know more about baseball than me because of a fantasy baseball matchup? Did you really just post that? Keep talking dip shit. You're making my case for me. :laugh3:

Seriously kid what are you, 14, 15 years old?? :pound:

The rules were fair..... We all had equal opportunity. You don't know shit about the game.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The rules were fair..... We all had equal opportunity. You don't know shit about the game.

Wow. Keep talking dip shit. You continue to prove my point for me. :laugh3:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you know so much why do you want Adducci facing a good lefty tonight? And no disrespect but you are just not in Romeo's class of baseball knowledge. We all recognize it.