• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Chicago White Sox at Your Texas Rangers 4/18 - 4/20

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who had money on Cheerios being the first guy to 2 homers?

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...I love you Martin Perez. Being that guy the Rangers always trusted and thought you could be. So proud of you .

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stonebriar Community here in Frisco. I'm afraid I gave up PBC 2 years ago. Too much Jack.

That is a good place as well. Would like to visit it some day as we like to listen to Chuck on the radio.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also...I love you Martin Perez. Being that guy the Rangers always trusted and thought you could be. So proud of you .

Seems like he is pitching better in the majors than he did in the minors.

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like he is pitching better in the majors than he did in the minors.

It's not just seems like. He has been. Something has clicked for him and we are seeing that take place out there on the mound. He doesn't seem rattled. He just trusts his stuff throws it.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just seems like. He has been. Something has clicked for him and we are seeing that take place out there on the mound. He doesn't seem rattled. He just trusts his stuff throws it.

Im disappointed I missed this one, sounds like he threw a hell of a gem tonight based on the recaps. He has definitely got the stuff and it seems like he's gotten it figured out and will continue to get better with the confidence he's building

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im disappointed I missed this one, sounds like he threw a hell of a gem tonight based on the recaps. He has definitely got the stuff and it seems like he's gotten it figured out and will continue to get better with the confidence he's building
I missed it too, but I read about it and it made me so happy for him. I love watching Teen pitch. His change up is sexy.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed it too, but I read about it and it made me so happy for him. I love watching Teen pitch. His change up is sexy.

I am really happy for the kid, he has perservered when some were writing him off. Its the pantie dropper version of the change up

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this earlier, there is a huge question as to why some pitchers pitch so much better in the majors in the minors. I always found this so interesting. When Roy Oswalt was pitching for us and getting lit up in the minors a few years ago, I was with my scout friend and he said "Oswalt's looking really good." So I looked at him funny and told him that he gave up 5 runs last game. This was his response:

"Its minor leagues. The players aren't playing to score runs, they are playing to boost their own stats. Face it, if Frisco has the most wins in the minors no one really cares. Minor league players go up there against a veteran and former all star in Roy Oswalt and they swing out of their shoes for bragging rights. So they can say they got a double off of a guy who had success in the show. There isn't situational hitting in the minors. They just swing hard and when they make contact its either a hard out or its a clean looking hit. Roy has fine velo, good tilt on his breaking ball, is repeating his mechanics, and his mound presence is what is has been his whole career."

Now, we all know how oswalt ended up. But I always thought it was so interesting, cuz I mean it makes a lot of sense. Its tough to gauge minor league stats for pitchers. As long as they are throwing strikes and making their pitches, that's all you can really ask for.

I always thought that was interesting.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Springer gets the call up for the Stros and immediately to the 4 hole and he's 2-4 tonight with an RBI. Pretty highly touted

RevSader

In Beltre we trust.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this earlier, there is a huge question as to why some pitchers pitch so much better in the majors in the minors. I always found this so interesting. When Roy Oswalt was pitching for us and getting lit up in the minors a few years ago, I was with my scout friend and he said "Oswalt's looking really good." So I looked at him funny and told him that he gave up 5 runs last game. This was his response:

"Its minor leagues. The players aren't playing to score runs, they are playing to boost their own stats. Face it, if Frisco has the most wins in the minors no one really cares. Minor league players go up there against a veteran and former all star in Roy Oswalt and they swing out of their shoes for bragging rights. So they can say they got a double off of a guy who had success in the show. There isn't situational hitting in the minors. They just swing hard and when they make contact its either a hard out or its a clean looking hit. Roy has fine velo, good tilt on his breaking ball, is repeating his mechanics, and his mound presence is what is has been his whole career."

Now, we all know how oswalt ended up. But I always thought it was so interesting, cuz I mean it makes a lot of sense. Its tough to gauge minor league stats for pitchers. As long as they are throwing strikes and making their pitches, that's all you can really ask for.

I always thought that was interesting.

I don't have the detailed numbers available to me, but one big difference for a guy like Teen is probably level of defense. He relies on ground balls for a majority of his outs. That would lead to worse numbers in the minors, because those player are not as skilled defensively.

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he not playing with profar, olt, maybe leury and that lot?

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4. Three weeeks from now their rotation will be: Felix, Iwakuma, Paxson, Walker and Young. That's probably the best rotation in the American League.

HMM? This was on the Seattle board and I don't troll I just thought it was interesting so I copied and brought it over to see if someone else may have some insight. Really?

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty solid rotation.... lol give credit where its due. The best? IDK, but I think that without a doubt its POTENTIALLY the best. Young pitchers are just so unpredictable. When Kevin Gausman came up, I truly thought he was gonna be a cy young in his first three years in the AL. I was high on that kid. But he got sent down later in the year and hasnt been up since.

Sorta the same with Trevor Bauer, but he's just a mental nightmare. Gausman has great poise, he just was missing with his fastball command.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its a pretty solid rotation.... lol give credit where its due. The best? IDK, but I think that without a doubt its POTENTIALLY the best. Young pitchers are just so unpredictable. When Kevin Gausman came up, I truly thought he was gonna be a cy young in his first three years in the AL. I was high on that kid. But he got sent down later in the year and hasnt been up since.

Sorta the same with Trevor Bauer, but he's just a mental nightmare. Gausman has great poise, he just was missing with his fastball command.

Unpredictable was more my thought, young pitchers w lots of upside are beautiful but unproven. We have witnessed with the development of MP, sometimes it takes a little while for those guys to develop. I don't discount their rotation as it rounds out but to anoint them the best in the AL in 3 weeks is a stretch. Young hasn't even proven he can stay healthy or stick in a rotation yet. Time will tell but they are getting better for sure

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win all around. Hopefully they can keep it going against Quintana tomorrow but if I remember correctly, he gave us fits last year.

WilltheThrill

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to the game tonight and had a blast. Sat right on the front row just to the right of the Rangers dugout and got to see things up close and personal. A few takeaways I have from tonight's game which pretty much anyone watching on tv would have had as well:

Perez- beast
Martin- better by the day, turning into a special player
Chirinos- should always start at catcher over Arencibia unless he's exhausted
Kouzmanoff- multiple bad luck hard hit outs, totally locked in though
Elvis- looks better and more confident than last season

Paulino- poor guy should be bagging groceries somewhere instead of pitching

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win all around. Hopefully they can keep it going against Quintana tomorrow but if I remember correctly, he gave us fits last year.

Colby will have to pitch well again, I couldn't expect him to be lights out this early in his comeback but if he can build on his last start he could be fine. Quintana should be tough with all the LH we have but we have RH guys like EA, KK, Rios, Choice and so forth that could do well vs him. Would love to see the team keep up the run scoring and get another win