• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francona should have done this, Kluber shouldn't have done that, Shaw blew it, Guyer screwed the pooch, on and on and on.

It's high time we all realize and consider the real reason that the Indians lost the world series. The Indians' fate was sealed on Sunday, October 23rd, two thousand sixteen. . .

I give my offical stamp of approval to the Cleveland indians.
Yep. GUARANTEED. CANT MISS LOCK. I PICK INDIANS TO WIN!!!!! GUARANTEE. INDIANS.
MARKED DOWN IN PEN ALREADY!!!
tribe fans can thank me later. Heeee hawwwww

Last edited:

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get putting him in there for defense.

But homey needed to just bunt for a hit.
Using Naquin instead of Martinez as a PR was a mistake.

Francona should have used Tomlin as a PH there.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest disagreement as not starting Salazar.

Even at 75 pitches, that's enough to get through the order twice, which was all he was asking his starters to do.

That way there's no short rest starters. And The Drone doesn't become a thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to make fun of AL Managers being AL Managers but then I realized Matheny makes Andy Reid look like an in game genius. I dont envy any manager and they all get way too much grief.

Defense being a big deal is pretty standard for recent World Series play. I also dont think there was that much of a gap in talent between the Cubs and Indians for something like a 5 game series but once you extrapolate it out to 7 then it starts to show.

This is probably a top 10 World Series even with the 4 blowouts just because of the game 7 and the Cubs actually winning. I think if the Indians win then this goes down to the middle of the pack. Playoff baseball gives us another one for the history books, though. This is a rare case where the favorite also probably gives its fans the giddy feelings that you normally get from an underdog persevering.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Francona should have done this, Kluber shouldn't have done that, Shaw blew it, Guyer screwed the pooch, on and on and on.

It's high time we all realize and consider the real reason that the Indians lost the world series. The Indians' fate was sealed on Sunday, October 23rd, two thousand sixteen. . .

Shaw does have more than 1 pitch...but damn that was funny.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to make fun of AL Managers being AL Managers but then I realized Matheny makes Andy Reid look like an in game genius. I dont envy any manager and they all get way too much grief.

Defense being a big deal is pretty standard for recent World Series play. I also dont think there was that much of a gap in talent between the Cubs and Indians for something like a 5 game series but once you extrapolate it out to 7 then it starts to show.

This is probably a top 10 World Series even with the 4 blowouts just because of the game 7 and the Cubs actually winning. I think if the Indians win then this goes down to the middle of the pack. Playoff baseball gives us another one for the history books, though. This is a rare case where the favorite also probably gives its fans the giddy feelings that you normally get from an underdog persevering.

I'm not even sure if it's top 10 in my lifetime (born in 85).

Recency bias of game 7 is clouding everyone's judgment.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CUBS Win!

Yeah, I saw your earlier post to but was going to ignore it.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Still, it doesn't change the fact that pretty much everyone was talking about Kluber being on short rest, just as Jexas pointed out.

Congrats on the series win, you fucking meatball.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure if it's top 10 in my lifetime (born in 85).

Recency bias of game 7 is clouding everyone's judgment.
I'm trying to factor in the recency bias. I know people are already saying GOAT WS and such but i know its not even close to that. A crazy ass Game 7, 3rd biggest fanbase breaking the curse, young team poised to repeat, likely solid ratings at a time when nothing is getting good ratings....its going to be top 20.

We've had a LOT of good World Series' though and every one of them is special.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm trying to factor in the recency bias. I know people are already saying GOAT WS and such but i know its not even close to that. A crazy ass Game 7, 3rd biggest fanbase breaking the curse, young team poised to repeat, likely solid ratings at a time when nothing is getting good ratings....its going to be top 20.

Just saying too many one sides games without any lead changes. Poor, sloppy play.

It's similar to 2011, but better? Probably not considering the historic performances by guys like Carpenter and Pujols.

Nelson Cruz is close to Buckner level of defensive infamy.

85 and 86 were probably better than this one.

2001 and 2002 are slam dunks.

Ironically 97 is probably pretty similar to this one.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again- all credit to the Cubs. They were and are the better more talented team in that series.

When the playoffs started i told one of my co-workers i hope the Indians just win one series- just so it felt like we were IN the playoffs and could have some fun. Missing their best player in Michael Brantley--- and then of course losing their #2 and #3 starters in Carrasco and Salazar---- i thought it was possible to upset Boston---- but thought it would be very tough and would require some luck.

Instead- the team really came together- Francona had the golden touch- and they somehow road the wave all the way to extra innings in Game 7 of the World Series.

other Cleveland losses felt different then this one. Once they fought there way back to tie it, and then almost made a rally in the 10th- you were just so emotionally wrung-out. The better team won unfortunately in an all-time classic game.

I was really hoping that it being Game 7 that the Indians would once again embrace that underdog spirit and chip on their shoulder that got them there----- but they just ran out of gas. Miller and Kluber were exhausted. The bench was literally empty.

It would be a lot harder to swallow if this was an old veteran team with multiple free agents- kind of like Toronto- but this Indians team should only be better next year.

I would LOVE to see them resign Napoli and add one more high leverage reliever.

Good for the Cubs. Like the Cavs/Warriors----- maybe we will get a rematch when the Indians have all their big guns firing.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's very touching, Clayton. Allow me to expand:

Each and every World Series is like a beautiful snowflake. There are so many of them, but no two are the same. Some are big and some are small. Some are fluffy and some are wet. Some of them, when you look closely are like amazing little crystal worlds, laden with hidden mysteries. Some just look like little balls of dried mayonnaise. But each one is unique, beautiful and most of all special.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where you at? I want to taste your sweet tears.

We were better. I guess when you're down 2 of your 3 best starters and your best hitter, it eventually catches up with you. Congrats on your big win.

In case you were wondering, Mr Dayne, that taste you got wasn't his tears, it was ball sweat. Nasty.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just saying too many one sides games without any lead changes. Poor, sloppy play.

It's similar to 2011, but better? Probably not considering the historic performances by guys like Carpenter and Pujols.

Nelson Cruz is close to Buckner level of defensive infamy.

85 and 86 were probably better than this one.

2001 and 2002 are slam dunks.

Ironically 97 is probably pretty similar to this one.
Very similar to 2014 World Series imo except with the Cubs curse narrative over it and no Madison Bum legendary performance.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for the Cubs. Like the Cavs/Warriors----- maybe we will get a rematch when the Indians have all their big guns firing.
In a fair and just world, this will be exactly what happens.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up 3 -1. Got to sting not to win it. Didn't care for the Cubs....at all. Kluber tried. But need another days rest.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what else sucked for me? Seeing the number of Cubs fans at The Jake last night.

The Indians just have it tough in terms of size of fanbase. Not only is Cleveland possibly the smallest city with all three major sports, the Indians are pretty well landlocked by other franchises. Go an hour and a half to the east, and you hit Pittsburgh and Pirates fans. About two hours south and you hit Columbus and you start to see Reds fans (and that's if they even realize that there are teams/sports besides the Buckeyes). An hour or two west and you hit Toledo which has its share of Tigers fans, and not much further than that, you get into Indiana and they tend towards the Cubs.