• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zobrist mvp? I mean I get it but I would think Rizzo or Baez or someone would have won it over him
Ummmm. Did you even watch the series?!????

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But it seems like when it happens in the WS teams bounce back less.

97 yanks bounced back from losing to CLE there to go on a pretty good run.

03-04 red sox made some major changes. I doubt CLE makes that many changes this winter.
They have their second-best pitcher on the DL. That alone is an all-star addition to the rotation that handled the postseason quite well.

Also, I doubt any of the other AL Central teams are going to be that much better next year.

They're playing with house money. Their current 2017 payroll is a pittance. I'm sure investment will be made in the team.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I can apologize for the half million 'fuck you, Bill Murrays"' that I threw out during the series. I actually like that guy quite a bit.

I'm not apologizing for the 'fuck you, Joe Bucks' though. Fuck that guy.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, the Indians kind of had no business being there. It's my opinion that the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs were all better teams than the Indians in 2016, especially with the injuries. But the Tribe got hot at the right time, tore through the playoffs with one starting pitcher (all apologies to my man, Josh Tomlin), made the World Series and pushed it into extras innings in game seven.

It was fucking awesome, and as sad as I am that they couldn't close it out, this Indians team gave me more enjoyment than I would have ever guessed back in August. The fact that Q is busy this morning calling it an epic choke job and pointing fingers just betrays the fact that he's a bitter little faggot. Fuck him.
I think the Sox were subject to the whims of David Price and Rick Porcello, neither of which I had much faith in.

Jays had a good shot but a few bats went inexplicably cold at the worst time (they got sub-200 batting from no less than four rotation spots and sub-100 batting from two of those) and Gibbons' decision to go with Stroman instead of Sanchez in game 3 was as boneheaded as it gets.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Predictions:
Cubs in 5.
Heyward a hero in one game (game 4?).
Schwarby move absolutely falls flat.
Bryant makes two errors.
Arrieta pitches a 3-hit win.
Rondon gives up no hits, no walks.
Addison Russell WSMVP.
Cubs catchers throw out four guys on bases.
Cubs in 7
Heyward called rain delay meeting. Hero? :)
Schwarby move was genius. I'm a dunce.
Bryant made two errors.
Arrieta pitched a three hit win. And a two hit win. I'm a genius.
Rondon TECHNICALLY gave up no hits nor walks. :)
Addy Russell was 2nd MVP.
I think catchers only threw out two. But y'all can correct me.

With the above and me predicting during the rain delay that the game would end with a Montero RBI, I firmly remain yall's demigod. You're welcome.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clear case of how badly managers can expose their closing staff over a 7 game series.

Lots of bone head moves by Maddon in this series. Leaving Chapman in game 6, pulling Hendricks.....twice. Putting lester in relief and not having him start an inning and throwing 200 warmups in the pen, exposing chapman not starting a clean inning (again). After the game, he claimed it all went to plan until Chapman gave up the homer. but its all rainbows and candy canes around Maddon.

that rain delay was huge for the cubs. That time to reset and breathe was so much bigger than people see.

I guess if Joe Managed right it would not have turned into the greatest world series game 7 ever.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Maddon doesnt get a ring for doing such a bad job and almost costing Cubs a Ring. Lucky Cubs have the most talent in the MLB.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Cubs fans.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clear case of how badly managers can expose their closing staff over a 7 game series.

Lots of bone head moves by Maddon in this series. Leaving Chapman in game 6, pulling Hendricks.....twice. Putting lester in relief and not having him start an inning and throwing 200 warmups in the pen, exposing chapman not starting a clean inning (again). After the game, he claimed it all went to plan until Chapman gave up the homer. but its all rainbows and candy canes around Maddon.

that rain delay was huge for the cubs. That time to reset and breathe was so much bigger than people see.

I guess if Joe Managed right it would not have turned into the greatest world series game 7 ever.
Maddon was bad but Francona wasnt much better. he made a lot of bad decisions. Both were bad. Maddon was the worse of the 2.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, which Francona moves do you think were bad?
Leaving shaw in after a rain delay, Over using Allen and Miller, not bunting in bunting situations. No starter went past 6innings even if they were pitching well. He jumped the gun to soon. He didnt pull pitchers when they should of been pulled. He coached scared after game 4.

Again this is my opinion. He did coach better then Maddon.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, the Indians kind of had no business being there. It's my opinion that the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs were all better teams than the Indians in 2016, especially with the injuries. But the Tribe got hot at the right time, tore through the playoffs with one starting pitcher (all apologies to my man, Josh Tomlin), made the World Series and pushed it into extras innings in game seven.

It was fucking awesome, and as sad as I am that they couldn't close it out, this Indians team gave me more enjoyment than I would have ever guessed back in August. The fact that Q is busy this morning calling it an epic choke job and pointing fingers just betrays the fact that he's a bitter little faggot. Fuck him.
here here.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of curiosity, which Francona moves do you think were bad?
obviously hindsight is 20/20- but after the rain delay i would have taken shaw out....he had to sit for a while...i would have brought Bauer in to start the inning.

other than that francona managed the last month as well as any manager has ever managed. It sucks that there was no one left on the bench to pinch hit for Martinez though- that is for sure.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaving shaw in after a rain delay, Over using Allen and Miller, not bunting in bunting situations. No starter went past 6innings even if they were pitching well. He jumped the gun to soon. He didnt pull pitchers when they should of been pulled. He coached scared after game 4.

Fair, but I think a lot of those choices were out of necessity. Personally, I give him credit for making it to extras in game seven with one starting pitcher.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maddon got bailed out by his extremely talented roster IMO. Francona is the better manager but not having the 2-3 starters and Brantley hurt him when you play the most talented roster in the playoffs. Indians showed a lot of heart and I can't be disappointed with the outcome even though they lost.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
obviously hindsight is 20/20- but after the rain delay i would have taken shaw out....he had to sit for a while...i would have brought Bauer in to start the inning.

other than that francona managed the last month as well as any manager has ever managed. It sucks that there was no one left on the bench to pinch hit for Martinez though- that is for sure.

His low pitch count made it hard to burn him like that.

No question the rain delay was a huge advantage for Chicago.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any move involving Michael Martinez is, by default, a bad move.

I get putting him in there for defense.

But homey needed to just bunt for a hit.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had to try and save bullets with Kluber.

no other starter really threw well besides Tomlin in game 3.