• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber wasn't great but if you're gonna blame Rajai for his fielding mistakes leading to 2-3 runs you can't go ahead and subsequently also put the blame for those runs on Kluber.

Kluber wasn't sharp.

Can't argue that.

I never liked the idea of throwing all 3 guys on short rest.

But giving up the HRs to Fowler and Baez is completely indefensible.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this game it was Rajai.

My grandmother coudl've thrown Bryant out from that disatance. And then he misread Contreras double letting that add another run.
Yeah he took two steps in before back tracking. Key mistake right there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he took two steps in before back tracking. Key mistake right there.

I'm glad people saw this one when everyone missed Guyer's gaffe in game 5.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Cubs....unbelievable World Series...

in my lifetime I have watched the Indians lose game 7 of the World Series in Extra Innings.....twice....

have some work to do in the offseason but i wouldnt be surprised to see a rematch next year.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Cubs....unbelievable World Series...

in my lifetime I have watched the Indians lose game 7 of the World Series in Extra Innings.....twice....

have some work to do in the offseason but i wouldnt be surprised to see a rematch next year.

Two of the most heartbreaking choke jobs I've ever see.

both done in by bad defense.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was fun to watch. Congrats to all the Cubs and their fans for a great comeback and an historic world series. Hollywood couldn't have scripted a better story line. Definitely one that will be talked about and thought of for quite some time.
And condolences to Cleveland fans but on the bright side, you have one hell of a good team and I think these guys will be back and hopefully healthy for the next run. :clap:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that was fun to watch. Congrats to all the Cubs and their fans for a great comeback and an historic world series. Hollywood couldn't have scripted a better story line. Definitely one that will be talked about and thought of for quite some time.
And condolences to Cleveland fans but on the bright side, you have one hell of a good team and I think these guys will be back and hopefully healthy for the next run. :clap:

they need to just look at the royals for an epic choke job who recovered.

But after them.....who else has done that? Not many.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox 03 to 04? :noidea:

not in the WS.

losing in the ALCS and the WS are two totally different things.

Also, they're not adding a top 5 SP and a high priced FA closer this winter. The money just isn't there.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I think they have a solid foundation to work from. I could be wrong though. I often am. :suds:

I agree. But we also said the same thing about the Mets.

That's why when you get there...it's a pretty good idea to not give it away like they did.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not in the WS.

losing in the ALCS and the WS are two totally different things.

Also, they're not adding a top 5 SP and a high priced FA closer this winter. The money just isn't there.
An epic choke job can come at any time in the post-season.

TBH, the Sox choke job having come against the Yankees in the middle of the most heated era of their rivalry probably made it sting just as hard as it did for Cleveland fans last night.

Also, while blowing a 3-1 series lead is an awful choke Cleveland never actually led the game at any point yesterday. Sox were up 5-2 in the 8th inning lol

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Q wouldn't remember that. He became a diehard Red Sox fan in October, 2013.

I was clearly referring to WS stuff.

Your personal issues with me are pretty sad.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBH, the Sox choke job having come against the Yankees in the middle of the most heated era of their rivalry probably made it sting just as hard as it did for Cleveland fans last night.

Also, while blowing a 3-1 series lead is an awful choke Cleveland never actually led the game at any point yesterday. Sox were up 5-2 in the 8th inning lol

True. But it seems like when it happens in the WS teams bounce back less.

97 yanks bounced back from losing to CLE there to go on a pretty good run.

03-04 red sox made some major changes. I doubt CLE makes that many changes this winter.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Frankly, the Indians kind of had no business being there. It's my opinion that the Red Sox, Blue Jays and Cubs were all better teams than the Indians in 2016, especially with the injuries. But the Tribe got hot at the right time, tore through the playoffs with one starting pitcher (all apologies to my man, Josh Tomlin), made the World Series and pushed it into extras innings in game seven.

It was fucking awesome, and as sad as I am that they couldn't close it out, this Indians team gave me more enjoyment than I would have ever guessed back in August. The fact that Q is busy this morning calling it an epic choke job and pointing fingers just betrays the fact that he's a bitter little faggot. Fuck him.