• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very similar to 2014 World Series imo except with the Cubs curse narrative over it and no Madison Bum legendary performance.

The Bumgarner performance is what made it legendary.

And as far as game 7s, I can tell you're a bit of a historian.

There's zero chance this was a better game than 91 or 2001.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has LeBron hopped back on the Yankees bandwagon yet?

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 7 tv rating: 25.2

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bumgarner performance is what made it legendary.

And as far as game 7s, I can tell you're a bit of a historian.

There's zero chance this was a better game than 91 or 2001.
The MadBum performance is noteworthy. David Ortiz also took over against the Cardinals in the World Series but those were 2 evenish teams if David Ortiz was just normal David Ortiz then the Red Sox still have a really good chance of beating the Cardinals that year. The Giants definitely lose to the Royals without MadBum pitching like a mad man. I have no doubt in my mind whatsoever. As such, the series went on longer and actually flipped which in my mind is the difference between a memorable series and a mostly forgettable one even if there were very few close games in the Giants/Royals series.

Its almost impossible to actually rate the World Series in terms of impact. Like I said, this was a middle of the pack World Series imo outside of the fact that the Cubs won. If the Indians won with Kluber getting the MVP, it would've been seen as a run of the mill WS 5 years from now. The Cubs were the better team from public perception and the (very slightly) lesser team couldn't get a legendary performance to put them over the top. I think if we replace the words 'Cubs' with something like 'Phillies' then this would actually be a sub par World Series as the expected team won without any super noteworthy performances.

But...Cubs.

Maybe the defining factor will be whether or not the Cubs go back to the World Series. If something happens and this is it for them then this World Series will remain in people's minds. If not it made fade a little but certainly not for Cubs fans.

The 2011 World Series is my 'I can die happy' championship. I'll never see one better for any of my teams in any sport. It also wasnt the first Cardinals World Series win I saw in my lifetime so maybe I cant put the curse into perspective but how you win matters and who you beat matters. I suspect this is the 'I can die happy' championship for a LOT of people because they've been super nervous for about a year and a half because they've known that their team could do it.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I saw your earlier post to but was going to ignore it.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Still, it doesn't change the fact that pretty much everyone was talking about Kluber being on short rest, just as Jexas pointed out.

Congrats on the series win, you fucking meatball.
My bad. I was too drunk to remember the first post.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Up 3 -1. Got to sting not to win it. Didn't care for the Cubs....at all. Kluber tried. But need another days rest.

Hey loser. You jinked the Indians. Change your name to "goatplayer".

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say- last offseason i was against trading Carrasco or Salazar.....

I think i still probably am against trading one of those guys- ---- but with a SP market that is just positively AWFUL- and how cheap those players and how good their stuff is---- if the Indians could make a deal for a big time bat I dont think i would be against it.

The Tribe really needs to improve its outfield. Of course Brantley will go a long way in helping that- but the outfield really did not do much in the World Series at all- and played pretty poor defense.

I do have to say--- I am looking forward to having Andrew Miller for a full year- and watching him and Cody Allen put games away in the 8th and 9th inning. That will be fun.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have to say- last offseason i was against trading Carrasco or Salazar.....

I think i still probably am against trading one of those guys- ---- but with a SP market that is just positively AWFUL- and how cheap those players and how good their stuff is---- if the Indians could make a deal for a big time bat I dont think i would be against it.

The Tribe really needs to improve its outfield. Of course Brantley will go a long way in helping that- but the outfield really did not do much in the World Series at all- and played pretty poor defense.

I do have to say--- I am looking forward to having Andrew Miller for a full year- and watching him and Cody Allen put games away in the 8th and 9th inning. That will be fun.

Kluber would be the interesting one.

The oldest and most expensive.

Depending on what you did with the extra money saved....

I might just deal Bauer anyway. you won't get a stud bat, but it would be an obvious improvement over what you had.

But let's be real, no Brantley was a killer, both offensively and defensively.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Francona and he had a hell of a postseason, but you can't go with an IBB there. You just can't risk a multi-run inning in the 10th inning of a game 7, even if there's a "base open."

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. That's a terrible way to lose.

Choking and playing defense that makes the Bad News Bears look like the best defensive team of all time?

Yeah, that was brutal to watch.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm. Did you even watch the series?!????

I did, just figured they'd give it to someone else, Rizzo, Baez.. Someone else that's all...

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Francona and he had a hell of a postseason, but you can't go with an IBB there. You just can't risk a multi-run inning in the 10th inning of a game 7, even if there's a "base open."

That's at best 3rd or 4th on my list.

But if you said MIller and Kluber would both not be sharp I would've figured the Cubs would score this many runs.

I just woulnd't have expected the indians to.

Kind of a shame Rajai was the goat to his own potential hero moment.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kluber would be the interesting one.

The oldest and most expensive.

Depending on what you did with the extra money saved....

I might just deal Bauer anyway. you won't get a stud bat, but it would be an obvious improvement over what you had.

But let's be real, no Brantley was a killer, both offensively and defensively.
are you out of your mind? kluber? he just signed one of the most affordable extensions in MLB- and carried the tribe through the playoffs.....you absolutely would NEVER give away a player like him for anything....shit--- think of the market for a guy like Kluber if he was a free agent- David Price just got an insane contract and he chokes his balls off in the playoffs.....Kluber just had an EXTRAORDINARY playoff run.

i wouldnt give up on bauer too early---- carrasco had really struggled early on in his career and then just found it......giving up on guys like that too early usually comes abck to bite you.