• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Chicago Cubs vs. Cleveland Indians

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in my lifetime I have watched the Indians lose game 7 of the World Series in Extra Innings.....twice....

Look at the bright side. They're the only team to have lost game 7 of the World Series in extra innings twice.

Also, I doubt any of the other AL Central teams are going to be that much better next year.

They certainly don't have to worry about us. I think we'll be even worse next season.

'16 Cubs > '84 Tigers

:pop2:

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Francona and he had a hell of a postseason, but you can't go with an IBB there. You just can't risk a multi-run inning in the 10th inning of a game 7, even if there's a "base open."
are you out of your mind? kluber? he just signed one of the most affordable extensions in MLB- and carried the tribe through the playoffs.....you absolutely would NEVER give away a player like him for anything....shit--- think of the market for a guy like Kluber if he was a free agent- David Price just got an insane contract and he chokes his balls off in the playoffs.....Kluber just had an EXTRAORDINARY playoff run.

i wouldnt give up on bauer too early---- carrasco had really struggled early on in his career and then just found it......giving up on guys like that too early usually comes abck to bite you.

The other 2 guys would get pretty insane contracts too. If you're a limited budget team, you consider moving the most expensive guy first.

Personally, I don't mess with those 3. You have a solid base with those 3 and the 3 in the bullpen, even if Shaw is a huge choker.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you out of your mind? kluber? he just signed one of the most affordable extensions in MLB- and carried the tribe through the playoffs.....you absolutely would NEVER give away a player like him for anything....shit--- think of the market for a guy like Kluber if he was a free agent- David Price just got an insane contract and he chokes his balls off in the playoffs.....Kluber just had an EXTRAORDINARY playoff run.

i wouldnt give up on bauer too early---- carrasco had really struggled early on in his career and then just found it......giving up on guys like that too early usually comes abck to bite you.

The power hitting OF I think you'd match up best with (team wise) is Miami with Ozuna.

But lets be real, first and foremost the Indians need a real CF.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade any of the Indians top 4 starters. If you're going to trade any, I'd probably trade Bauer but I think he's going to be very good next year. Tomlin might get a decent return in what is a pretty bleak pitcher market.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the bright side. They're the only team to have lost game 7 of the World Series in extra innings twice.

They certainly don't have to worry about us. I think we'll be even worse next season.

:pop2:
Figured I'd post some dougy bait. :-)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade any of the Indians top 4 starters. If you're going to trade any, I'd probably trade Bauer but I think he's going to be very good next year. Tomlin might get a decent return in what is a pretty bleak pitcher market.

Bauer has shitty mechanics and a propensity to not listen to coaching.

Plus he now goes down in CLE sports lore (like The Drive and The Fumble) with THE DRONE.

Get Ozuna for him if you can, figure out your OF alignment next year when Brantley gets back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bauer has shitty mechanics and a propensity to not listen to coaching.

Plus he now goes down in CLE sports lore (like The Drive and The Fumble) with THE DRONE.

Get Ozuna for him if you can, figure out your OF alignment next year when Brantley gets back.
yah trade a controllable young pitcher with a big time ceiling for a Boras client who will go year to year. sounds awesome.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you out of your mind?

I think sometimes he lets retarded people sit at his computer and type.

Kluber is probably a top-10 pitcher in baseball making less than $12MM a year for the next four years. A team like the Indians can't afford to trade that kind of value away.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah trade a controllable young pitcher with a big time ceiling for a Boras client who will go year to year. sounds awesome.

Who do you have in mind?

Bauer is hitting arb as well.

I don't think Bauer's ceiling is nearly as high as you do though.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kluber is probably a top-10 pitcher in baseball making less than $12MM a year for the next four years. A team like the Indians can't afford to trade that kind of value away.
no team can afford to trade a guy like that, lol.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just said I wouldn't trade any of them.

But I'm not trading Carrasco or Salazar. Younger and cheaper.

This team's identity is that trinity of SPs.

You seem to try and cherry pick because you have a personal vendetta.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a better chance of Gary Johnson being elected president next week than of the Tribe trading Kluber.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a better chance of Gary Johnson being elected president next week than of the Tribe trading Kluber.

I wouldn't trade any of them.

that rotation is your core identity.

You were one bullpen meltdown away from a title. And should get yoru best hitter back (in some form) in 2017.

Fix your CF issue is priority #1.

Get another RP Francona trusts is #2.

No need to go crazy trading one of your arms for a LF when you have Brantley coming back. Unless his shoulder is really screwed.

Get some good platoon players to hold the fort in LF and (and maybe center) find a way to replace napoli and see what you look like with your full lineup.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli not hitting really hurt. He just couldn't get squared up. Plus he was behind in count every at bat

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just said I wouldn't trade any of them.

I must have missed it - I don't read every comment. I just saw a post from you saying you'd trade Kluber.

But I'm not trading Carrasco or Salazar. Younger and cheaper.

Good call. Keep the younger, cheaper, not as good and less durable guys. . .

You seem to try and cherry pick because you have a personal vendetta.

I'm afraid you're vastly overestimating your importance to me.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A nice choke job by Cleveland... A 3-1 series lead and the final two games at home.

Iffster

Dude
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Napoli not hitting really hurt. He just couldn't get squared up. Plus he was behind in count every at bat

Let's look at doug's predictions for the 2016 post season.....

AL Central Title
Prediction: Doug says Tigers will win it over Cleveland. Results: Cleveland wins AL Central

AL Division Series
Prediction: Dougy says Red Sox eliminate Indians quickly. Results: Cleveland beats Boston in 3 games

AL Championship Series
Prediction: Dougplayer picks Blue Jays over Indians. Results: Cleveland wins, become AL Champs

World Series
Prediction: Doug changes course, picks Cleveland over Cubs. Results: Cubs beat Indians. LOL

Nice job @dougplayer ....0-4 (not counting he picked Dodgers to beat Cubs for NL Championship)

Cleveland Fans???...you got jinked by your own Bartman in the series. (dougman?) :gaah:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so damn tired today. Mildly hungover too. I just want to go home and go to sleep, but Mrs Redfoot is going out tonight, so I have to take care of the kids. Shit.

dougplayer

D Back and ranger fans are GAF....
Hoopla Cash
$ 234.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extra innings. Game 7. Tough beat