• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chase on the block? per report

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are stupid if they think we are gonna trade him for a 3rd we can get that for a comp pick if he leaves in free agency if he doesn't get tagged or extended
A 3rd is probably the bare minimum offer that you’ll get since it’s still better than a comp pick. You might get a third and some change, or a second rounder. I doubt he gets traded, but this year is a contract year and will probably be the best year of his entire career if he stays healthy. Resigning him to an expensive contract might be a mistake in that scenario.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I believe either will fetch a 1st rounder. Dangle the carrot and see who comes calling. As of yet, the organization has failed to do so unless anyone has heard differently. Can we really afford to pay both players when this year is up if they BOTH produce?
i think i posted up above that we can clearly do so and i backed it up with numbers

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think i posted up above that we can clearly do so and i backed it up with numbers
I'm not convinced. Other players will also need to be paid. I guess we wait and see what our dynamic duo (Young & Sweat) do this year. It is possible they both blow it up as they are that talented. We just haven't seen it yet. Our defense could be scary good this year but LB depth is a problem.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not convinced. Other players will also need to be paid. I guess we wait and see what our dynamic duo (Young & Sweat) do this year. It is possible they both blow it up as they are that talented. We just haven't seen it yet. Our defense could be scary good this year but LB depth is a problem.
You are conflating choices being made and economics . We have the cap room so that excuse is gone .

what we don’t know is if they want to. New ownership may have other ideas.

you arent going to be able to get new toys in FA , but if my defense is what we think it is then you can resign them both and Curl , and Barton

now if you are saying to me they won’t sign both because of other factors other then money I.E. performance or attitude or the player wanting to move on then I would agree they won’t .

but I won’t accept “ we can’t afford it “ as an excuse excuse or false reason . The reason will be one or both sides will decide to move on

right now Clowney is an expensive JSW and our defense performEd very well without him .

right now sweat is a smith clone

niether one has earnEd an elite contract