• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Charles as a #1 RB?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm in a PPR 1-player keeper league, standard scoring, 1QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1K, 1D. I kept Aaron Rodgers from last year so my QB is set. We are also able to trade draft picks for players still on other teams, so I offered up my 3rd rounder for Reggie Bush. This would've been a 4th round pick and in a PPR league that's his ADP from most sites I've seen.

Anywho, I have the #5 pick and am looking to trade it to get the RB I want for my #1. There are many options out there, so i ask, is Jamaal Charles a capable #1 with Bush as a #2? PPR league? I really like his production(for an inept KC O) and he's only missed one year due to injury.

McCoy, Morris, Martin, Lynch(on my previous team), and Ray Rice(but owner is looking for more than a 1st) are also options. I would have my pick at one of these, but I figure if I can trade for the one I want, I'll be a happier owner.

Thoughts on Charles as a #1 and/or thoughts on other scenarios?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Charles a lot as a number one. If he can stay healthy all year he could end up leading all rbs. Great line and a coach that has made rbs into fantasy studs. Taking an all ready proven guy and adding a coach like that could produce some crazy results. The only worry is injury but i say heck yea take the shot.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal opinion is the Doug Martin would be the best choice, but, if you feel Charles is better in your league's scoring, than yes absolutely go for it. BTW, The Ray Rice owner is living in the past.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd take Charles at #1, but Martin and Rice also look like great PPR options. If I had Reggie I wouldn't take a 3rd-rounder for him, so good if you can get him. Charles + Reggie + Rodgers in PPR is an outstanding start (as long as you still have a pretty standard set of draft picks afterwards).

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I should've stated that after I offered my 3rd for Bush he accepted. Now on to my next target. ;)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im not quite sure if i followed correctly
i do understand keeping Rodgers however i myself would keep Martin(can You ?)
and still have the 5 pick where Charles may still be available ..
and if he isnt and you insist on a Qb early you should get Rodgers / Brees or Manning at pick 5
again though i would grab another Rb at 5 and get a solid Qb much later..

Good luck which ever way you lean....

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was not on my team. Rodgers and Lynch were. But this league gets 6pts for passing TDs and Rodgers was one of the top 3 scorers last season(hence me keeping him). That's why I'm trying to get 2 RBs with my first 3 picks, then look to add a WR with my 2nd(if I can trade my 1st for another RB).

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Martin was not on my team. Rodgers and Lynch were. But this league gets 6pts for passing TDs and Rodgers was one of the top 3 scorers last season(hence me keeping him). That's why I'm trying to get 2 RBs with my first 3 picks, then look to add a WR with my 2nd(if I can trade my 1st for another RB).

gotcha makes sense im just not big on Qb early but hey no arguing that :suds: Rodgers is worth keeping...