• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chargers to announce they're moving to LA tomorrow

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the Chargers website (bookmark now deleted) has this crap logo, along with a letter from Spanos.

Go fuck yourself Dean. You are no longer welcome in your hometown. Get the fuck out.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move will end in certain failure.

The one thing that bothers me possibly the most about the NFL - a multiBILLION dollar business that refuses to pay for it's own expansion and building upkeep.

No city or taxpayers should EVER pay for a stadium. Ever. ANYWHERE. If the owner won't pony up the cash, the league should give him a loan and do it. It's THEIR business, not the taxpayers.....who will also have to pay to see the product they're funding!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still don't get how any NFL owners can think this is a good idea, LA is not gonna support 2 teams. The Raiders will probably be more popular than both the Rams and Chargers. The fanbase in SD might not have been big but there were plenty of loyal fans who went to games and supported the team despite their owner being a scumbag. Gonna lose a big number of those loyal fans from San Diego and be LA's 3rd favorite NFL team, their 4th or 5th favorite football team when you throw in CFB, and maybe crack the top 10 of favorite sports teams in LA when you combine all the pro and college teams there. Good move, assholes.

They did before and they support two NBA teams, two Hockey teams and two MLB teams. It's a big market and many fools and their money are quick to depart ways

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the first draft, here is the actual logo.

C1-_-D0UsAAS2W0.jpg

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This move will end in certain failure.

The one thing that bothers me possibly the most about the NFL - a multiBILLION dollar business that refuses to pay for it's own expansion and building upkeep.

No city or taxpayers should EVER pay for a stadium. Ever. ANYWHERE. If the owner won't pony up the cash, the league should give him a loan and do it. It's THEIR business, not the taxpayers.....who will also have to pay to see the product they're funding!
I agree to a point. I do think it's ok for the city to have some skin in the game if they can use the stadium to attract more events, and benefit from tourism. San Diego had $375 million on the table, and Dean walked away. So again, go fuck yourself Dean.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They did before and they support two NBA teams, two Hockey teams and two MLB teams. It's a big market and many fools and their money are quick to depart ways
So why did the two NFL teams leave?

Eugene Baker III

"Oh a stitch in time, just about saved me..."
Hoopla Cash
$ 946.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@boltfan72 @Bolts @Eugene Baker III - You guys staying Charger fans after the move?

Nope.

My childhood team, the Los Angeles Rams, have returned and I have welcomed them back after Georgia took them from me. (I grew up an hour East of Dodger Stadium...EBII even took us to kids day with the Rams....Roman Gabriel, Joe Scibelli, etc.)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So why did the two NFL teams leave?
One was in Anaheim - that was the Rams and I think it was because the stadium simply got old. The Raiders came to town and went back where they came from. Al Davis in my opinion was an asshole the cheated a lot of people, but he really had a large following so his kids would have done well in L.A. in my opinion. It came down to adequate stadiums though and the Chargers were here only one year back in the 1960 season. Personally I still think the Chargers is a better fit in L.A. and I personally think the Raiders would fit better in Los Angeles then the Rams, but the Rams are establishing themselves and they already have a decent fan base that is squawking about wanting them to get better - lol, so they will be okay.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree to a point. I do think it's ok for the city to have some skin in the game if they can use the stadium to attract more events, and benefit from tourism. San Diego had $375 million on the table, and Dean walked away. So again, go fuck yourself Dean.
They really did need a new stadium, but it's not the city's responsibility to finance these stadiums. Los Angeles isn't building the one in Inglewood. It's all private investers. I would have loved to see a new stadium in San Diego really

poprocksncoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know which one I like better........

C1_CW2mXgAA6Ods.jpg

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One was in Anaheim - that was the Rams and I think it was because the stadium simply got old. The Raiders came to town and went back where they came from. Al Davis in my opinion was an asshole the cheated a lot of people, but he really had a large following so his kids would have done well in L.A. in my opinion. It came down to adequate stadiums though and the Chargers were here only one year back in the 1960 season. Personally I still think the Chargers is a better fit in L.A. and I personally think the Raiders would fit better in Los Angeles then the Rams, but the Rams are establishing themselves and they already have a decent fan base that is squawking about wanting them to get better - lol, so they will be okay.
And do you know why the Rams went to Anaheim?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And do you know why the Rams went to Anaheim?
They were already there when I was a little boy - weren't that popular in my opinion - they just wasn't that good of a team and were already losing. Anaheim is going to be dominated by L.A. Fans even though it's a different county