• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chargers to announce they're moving to LA tomorrow

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regardless, even with the Rams playing well, they couldn't sell out a 90k stadium. They moved, thinking they would sell out all the time, then sucked and didn't sell out. Then they went to STL.

So the point is valid. LA fans, like SD fans, are fairweather. You have to admit that if both teams go 12-4 next year, it will be the Rams tix that are tougher to get, even with the Chargers playing in a 27k seat stadium.
BTW - It's not regardless to what you said. Saying what you are saying here has little to do with the time period the Rams moved to Anaheim. It had nothing to do with them sucking or poor respective attendance numbers.

I get it, some people just can't admit when they are wrong, rather they go about changing their statement to make a better fit to save some face. I don't know you well enough to know this much about you, but is surely is what you are doing here this time.

Regarding their departure from Anaheim, I have a whole different response, and it's about a Bar fly commonly known on the Rams boards as either the "Queen Idiot" or "Georgia Front&Rearie".

Here is what I say to that regarding LA Rams support in attendance during the first 49 years here.

Rams Current News & Events!

Like I said earlier, the Bar fly drove the Rams organization into the ground just to move her team, and get a sweetheart of a stadium deal in her hometown in St Louis.

Last edited:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I appreciate the attempt at the metaphor, but it made no sense. You're basically saying that the city didn't offer a good enough deal to keep them. I disagree. $450 million is plenty of cash. It's his business and if he feels it's better for his business to go there, then he can choose to do so. And Charger fans that have cheered for their team their whole lives can choose to hate the guy and hope he gets syphilis after getting gang raped in Inglewood.
Unfortunately, they don't care what I think or what you think. I don't know if $450 million is plenty of cash, but as a person who owns a business, I would have to think about the cost of accepting 450 million and having spend 800 million of my own money to build a stadium or moving 120 miles north where the building I get costs me nothing to build. Now on that note, I prefer to own my own home over paying rent, but in business it doesn't seem to follow that concept. Most business owners prefer the pay rent deal.

Think of this way

Two years ago I was looking at used cars to buy. I looked at several deals

2004 Ford Taurus with 119,000 for $1750 - nice clean and good deal - off craigs list

1998 Ford Taurus with 76,000 for $2,000 and it was really in perfect condition off Craigs list.

Obviously the 2004 was a good deal, but the 1998 was a much better deal and I hadn't wrecked it last May in an accident, I'd still be driving it - that car ran sweet, but alas my driving poorly for a few minutes did the car in and instead I bought me a 2016 for 23k this week, Ford Taurus and shadow black.

I still think San Diego is where they belong though and I have even discussed this with others and they agree with me that the Raiders in LA would have been better. I am sorry for your loss as a fan, but you can have both the Chargers and the Clippers and my blessing to take them at any time you wish:heh:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW - It's not regardless to what you said. Saying what you are saying here has little to do with the time period the Rams moved to Anaheim. It had nothing to do with them sucking or poor respective attendance numbers.

I get it, some people just can't admit when they are wrong, rather they go about changing their statement to make a better fit to save some face. I don't know you well enough to know this much about you, but is surely is what you are doing here this time.

Regarding their departure from Anaheim, I have a whole different response, and it's about a Bar fly commonly known on the Rams boards as either the "Queen Idiot" or "Georgia Front&Rearie".

Here is what I say to that regarding LA Rams support in attendance during the first 49 years here.

Rams Current News & Events!

Like I said earlier, the Bar fly drove the Rams organization into the ground just to move her team, and get a sweetheart of a stadium deal in her hometown in St Louis.
Some one I spoke to earlier said that the Raiders coming to LA is what caused the Rams to go down hill before they left.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA has a difficult time supporting one NFL team.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now look who is not paying attention. I have already shown you that selling 90K by today's standards would only be achieved by the Dallas Cowboys. And Jerry World is a huge reason for that.

Also, the Rams set NFL records year in and year out in attendance and were above the NFL average for almost all 49 years here, save the last year as I recall. (No thanks to that Witch, who drove the once proud organization into the ground just to move her team and get a sweetheart of a stadium deal in her hometown in St Louis.
You may be right about the Rams. I'm hear to talk about the Chargers and don't really care about the Rams, which is LA's team. You called me out on an incorrect statement which really only made LA fans look worse, since they weren't selling out their stadium even when they were winning and playing in Super Bowls. But I have no beef with the Rams or their fans. I'm here to talk Chargers.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some one I spoke to earlier said that the Raiders coming to LA is what caused the Rams to go down hill before they left.
Did you look at the link TLF?

There is a direct link to the attendance number and the change of ownership.

The Queen Idiot got her new shinny stadium in her home town, and what a deal did John Shaw ever broker!

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you look at the link TLF?

There is a direct link to the attendance number and the change of ownership.

The Queen Idiot got her new shinny stadium in her home town, and what a deal did John Shaw ever broker!
You can't blame any team for leaving for a better really - that's just good business. What I remember the most about the Rams was them losing every game, but they went to St Louis and won a title, so good for them because that means they can do again here in LA. I do think the Raiders would have made a better rivalry for the Rams though - lmao

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see how the Chargers do in LA. Still think Portland or San Antonio would have been a better landing spot for the Chargers.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right about the Rams. I'm hear to talk about the Chargers and don't really care about the Rams, which is LA's team. You called me out on an incorrect statement which really only made LA fans look worse, since they weren't selling out their stadium even when they were winning and playing in Super Bowls. But I have no beef with the Rams or their fans. I'm here to talk Chargers.
I get it, however you brought up the Rams with some inaccurate and disparaging remarks

BTW - I don't think you have a good appreciation of what 90K is like...

nflram3d_1.jpg

I'm telling you boltfan, it was crazy, crazy, crazy in the concession areas between quarters and at the half.

I've never been in such crowds like that in my life, and I've been in some doozies!

Anyway, back to topic...

Like I said, I have family who live in downtown SD and I really wanted to see them stay there. IMO, it's where they belong.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chargers just didn't pack up and leave though. Spanos has been trying to get a new stadium for a while now. I too feel for the Chargers fans and to the owner of the Chargers I say this. You better get your squad on the stick with a quickness, homie. Cuz if you feel like the majority of San Diego peeps were apathetic to your situation. Continue losing in LA for about 3 or 4 seasons in a row and see what happens.

No doubt... Spanos i'm sure wanted heavy tax dollars for the stadium, I"m assuming..

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether you agree or disagree, the people of SD decided they did not want to take on $1 billion plus in debt or allocate hotel tax revenue towards building a stadium for the team to play in. I'm not exactly sure how that would work if the team were publicly owned, but I get the sense that it would still come down to a vote of some type to get funding.

Otherwise you'd have a small group of people (say a city council) making a decision to spend that money.

I don't blame SD for saying no, but without knowing all the details of why the stadium measure failed, I don't feel sorry for them either..

Yeah, it's crazy how much money these NFL teams benefit from tax dollars... But even then they can still just up and attempt to relocate... It can happen to any franchise, all it takes is an owner who doesn't care.. It's inevitable that all teams have new ownership at some point in time, no franchise is totally safe the way it's set up..

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA could support a team just fine. Two teams just fine. They say the population is 4 million+, personally I think its more. Still, that's more enough peeps and there's more thhan enough money here to do so.

What LA won't support is a habitually shitty football team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with keeping the taxpayers whole in this but with the team getting to use the stadium ony 8 times a year (home games) and the city getting to use it the rest of the time, the investment is disproportionate as the city has waaaaaaaaaay more opportunities to earn their money back faster.

It is disproportionate but that is business. You can buy a bar in the surrounding area and support your entire profit for the year for those 8 games. Having a professional stadium brings in millions of dollars to a community just in taxes alone from new business'. Up here in Seattle, the city went dumbass and didn't build a new arena and Seattle Center died for business.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is disproportionate but that is business. You can buy a bar in the surrounding area and support your entire profit for the year for those 8 games. Having a professional stadium brings in millions of dollars to a community just in taxes alone from new business'. Up here in Seattle, the city went dumbass and didn't build a new arena and Seattle Center died for business.
If I were negotiating on behalf of the Chargers, I would want title transfer after the city's $$$ are paid back and then a negotiated amount of no charge" venue dates for the city after that.