• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

MLB Daily Thread: Chappee's Mets are Champs, Nats have issues, Arrieta good at pitching

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a joke. Is there any backlash towards Harvey over this? They could just make him the closer in the playoffs and go DeGrom, Synderblock, Matz to spite him. It seems like everyone should have planned for this back in July, or something? I didn't like that Boras mentioned a 180 inning limit when he was already at 170 innings.

Yeah, the timing was all wrong.

I get that BorASS has one goal, which is to get his client the most money over the longest possible span of years. But you're absolutely right, they should have already had discussions about this before the season even started, and I'm pretty sure they DID.

I don't think Scotty was counting on the Mets actually making the playoffs. He was probably thinking, "when it gets to be September and they're out of the hunt, I'll just ask them to shut him down for the season and nobody's upset."

But NOOOOOO, Sandy Alderson had to be Lil' Johnnie Trades-a-lot and make the team an actual contender.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel sad for the Pirates/Cards. He is going to destroy whoever they face next week in the 1 game playoffs. He can carry the Cubs to a WS as Bum did last year for the Giants
It will be interesting when the 2nd best team in baseball will be a 99-100 win team and underdog in a wild card game at home.

No Martinez and Molina banged up isn't the best sign for the Cardinals. They really only need to win 1 against the Pirates and sweep the Braves or win 2 against the Pirates to lock things up but I dont think they can go deep unless Wainwright is healthy.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting when the 2nd best team in baseball will be a 99-100 win team and underdog in a wild card game at home.

No Martinez and Molina banged up isn't the best sign for the Cardinals. They really only need to win 1 against the Pirates and sweep the Braves or win 2 against the Pirates to lock things up but I dont think they can go deep unless Wainwright is healthy.
No offense but I hope your team dies.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No offense but I hope your team dies.
Wainwright and Molina beating the Mets again would be pretty fitting.

Imo, everyone should be rooting against the Astros, Royals and Cubs. They're all built to win for awhile.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Reds had to hop on a plane last night to fly to Washington and make up a game that has absolutely no meaning anymore. They'll play the Nats at 3, then fly back home for three games against the Cubs, then travel to Pittsburgh to finish out the season.

Does anyone see any reason at all for this game to happen? There might be 14 or 15 people in attendance and I think it's raining down there

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, everyone should be rooting against the Astros, Royals and Cubs. They're all built to win for awhile.

Hard for me to hate on any of those three teams at the moment. Ask me again in three years, but right now I'd rather see any of them win it if it will keep St. Louis from winning another.

chappee11

Esteemed Colleague
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Cardinals have already peaked, I think. And what makes you think Wainwright could be healthy after missing the entire season basically?

P.S. Cubs would use Arietta over Lester in the Wild Card game? Cole would be no slouch on the other side.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Shit will get really interesting if Pittsburgh can sweep them and head into the final weekend all tied. The Cubs dream situation is probably that those 2 end up tie and have to use their best pitchers in a one game playoffs for the division title so they can have Arrieta facing the 2nd or 3rd starter

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit will get really interesting if Pittsburgh can sweep them and head into the final weekend all tied. The Cubs dream situation is probably that those 2 end up tie and have to use their best pitchers in a one game playoffs for the division title so they can have Arrieta facing the 2nd or 3rd starter
If there is a scenario where the Cardinals dont win the division then they are done because I dont think you can collapse at the end of the season and then turn around a win a play in game against a rival.