• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changing from Mediocrity

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also been hearing that he didn't treat players the same. That can be a problem in leadership. I have always heard that Belichick was consistent with his players. He was tough on them at times but he didn't even give Brady special treatment.
link?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't getting along with the GM.
GM had the owners ear.
Management started to meddle in coaching.
End of story.
A little more than that as he didn't seem to get along with anyone. He fired coordinators left right and center. How do you build continuity doing that every year? I would have told him let's work towards this next season and if he kept doing that crap bye.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little more than that as he didn't seem to get along with anyone. He fired coordinators left right and center. How do you build continuity doing that every year? I would have told him let's work towards this next season and if he kept doing that crap bye.
I kept hearing from Miami fans saying the coordinators needed to go.
He got rid of the non-performers (you remember you were 1 - 7?)
Now you are saying he should not have let them go?
He eventually got the team in winning shape and finished the season with a winning record.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I kept hearing from Miami fans saying the coordinators needed to go.
He got rid of the non-performers (you remember you were 1 - 7?)
Now you are saying he should not have let them go?
He eventually got the team in winning shape and finished the season with a winning record.
The problem started years ago he got rid of some coordinators that showed promise. Then he would hire someone with no experience so they'd flounder and he let it happen. Guys with experience couldn't work with him and left. This was not an ideal situation and hopefully he learns from it.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have also been hearing that he didn't treat players the same. That can be a problem in leadership. I have always heard that Belichick was consistent with his players. He was tough on them at times but he didn't even give Brady special
If this was the case , which undoubtedly it was — he clearly supported an incompetent QB — he had to go.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well his GM who he didn't get along with fired him so there's that. This had nothing to do with race...I'm pretty confident in that.
The firing had nothing to do with that.
If he has Harbaugh lined up before firing black coach, that would be distasteful.
That is why I say they won't announce replacement for awhile.....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The firing had nothing to do with that.
If he has Harbaugh lined up before firing black coach, that would be distasteful.
That is why I say they won't announce replacement for awhile.....
Ya who knows but apparently they're racing out to Buf to interview Daboll after the patsie dismemberment. They obviously know they need to improve on O which is a good sign. I think we just saw the decline of the patsies they shot their wad and have an aging squad. The Fins now need to get their shit together and build a decent offense to compete with Buf.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya who knows but apparently they're racing out to Buf to interview Daboll after the patsie dismemberment. They obviously know they need to improve on O which is a good sign. I think we just saw the decline of the patsies they shot their wad and have an aging squad. The Fins now need to get their shit together and build a decent offense to compete with Buf.
Daboll would be good since he worked with Tua a little bit during his time at Alabama and is familiar with him.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear this every year.
1 year into a rebuild and we made the playoffs.
You now have 102 days to talk about how Miami is improving and NE is toast!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think the front office can evaluate talent very well. Tannehill is not a top 10 draft pick, three starting QB's drafted after in 3rd and 4th rounds, and they have whiffed on many upper round picks in past 10 years. They waste a second round pick on a TE that has 20 receptions for the year. Then follow up and waste a fourth round pick on a TE that had a grand total of 2 receptions this year. Are you kidding me. Look at all the picks 2 years ago, nothing special there, below average talent at best. As I mentioned at the beginning of the year when their roster was set, I said it appears to have very little talent on it.
"You know what’s happening right now: The same posse of Ross, Grier, Garfinkel and consultant Dan Marino are interviewing coaching candidates. They’ll sort through their various plans and proposed staffs and decide who’s the best fit here."

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"You know what’s happening right now: The same posse of Ross, Grier, Garfinkel and consultant Dan Marino are interviewing coaching candidates. They’ll sort through their various plans and proposed staffs and decide who’s the best fit here."
I'm still thinking that Flores was not the problem. It is top admin in organization, poor drafting, talent evaluation and FA signings. There may have been a conflict with Tua?? Flores may not be a fan and the top may keep pushing him as the answer to save face? That was the one year for Fins to get the next franchise QB. Hard to evaluate how good Tua is with one of the worst O lines the past two years. Just MO

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear this every year.
1 year into a rebuild and we made the playoffs.
You now have 102 days to talk about how Miami is improving and NE is toast!
Rebuild? Are you kidding? You basically recovered your older covid guys and key word is older spent a ton of cash and still went no where. Belicheat took one last kick at the can and while he did better than most thought it was all for naught. The championship D was falling apart towards the end of the year gave up 80 points last two games. How are they going to replace all of the holes by next year with no cash?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still thinking that Flores was not the problem. It is top admin in organization, poor drafting, talent evaluation and FA signings. There may have been a conflict with Tua?? Flores may not be a fan and the top may keep pushing him as the answer to save face? That was the one year for Fins to get the next franchise QB. Hard to evaluate how good Tua is with one of the worst O lines the past two years. Just MO
We'll never completely know but the word is that Flo ordered the groceries and Grier did his best to give him what he asked for. Even in FA he asked for players then dumped them. If anything Grier should have put his foot down if this was the case. Either way they have a ton of cap next year to fill the holes and two extra firsts in 2023. It's not as bad as you think but next year is critical to get those holes plugged. Give the O a chance to improve.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll never completely know but the word is that Flo ordered the groceries and Grier did his best to give him what he asked for. Even in FA he asked for players then dumped them. If anything Grier should have put his foot down if this was the case. Either way they have a ton of cap next year to fill the holes and two extra firsts in 2023. It's not as bad as you think but next year is critical to get those holes plugged. Give the O a chance to improve.
So you think I had it reverse? Flores was into Tua and top was not? Hope they can make the right decisions on FA's then with the cash they have to spend. So they have three first round picks on 2023, didn't know that. What are their draft positions in the 2022 draft?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rebuild? Are you kidding? You basically recovered your older covid guys and key word is older spent a ton of cash and still went no where. Belicheat took one last kick at the can and while he did better than most thought it was all for naught. The championship D was falling apart towards the end of the year gave up 80 points last two games. How are they going to replace all of the holes by next year with no cash?
Granted, the rebuild is not complete yet. Still happy about the progress and getting to the playoffs. We'll stay the course, thank you.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think I had it reverse? Flores was into Tua and top was not? Hope they can make the right decisions on FA's then with the cash they have to spend. So they have three first round picks on 2023, didn't know that. What are their draft positions in the 2022 draft?

Here's a must read

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they have two firsts in 2023 theirs and niners but they could move up and grab a QB if Tua doesn't pan out. Flo wanted to bail on Tua by the sounds of it as he wanted to improve at all costs even if it put them back into cap hell.