• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changing from Mediocrity

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea he's not a horrible coach he's a horrible play caller. If he passes the play calling on to his OC the Fins would be fine but I don't see him doing it. This is why I want him fired....

Agreed. He is a good coach but there is no reason the Dolphins should be last in the league on offense.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. He is a good coach but there is no reason the Dolphins should be last in the league on offense.
They'll be rushing for over 4 YPC and Gase will go three straight passes with a weak oline. Then punt... he did this with leads in cinci and Indy blew the games. I put those on him but the media loves to throw everyone else under the bus...

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the Jags game, Miami was in the middle of the pack in yards per play. I think that’s a better indicator of offensive effectiveness than total yardage.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before the Jags game, Miami was in the middle of the pack in yards per play. I think that’s a better indicator of offensive effectiveness than total yardage.
True like I said Gase isn't horrible in every aspect except when he needs an inch and when closing out games. He doesn't understand that running the ball can be his best friend. He's a little too pass happy for my taste...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True like I said Gase isn't horrible in every aspect except when he needs an inch and when closing out games. He doesn't understand that running the ball can be his best friend. He's a little too pass happy for my taste...

I think you nailed it when you said Gase should not be calling the plays on offense.....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bridgewater looked like a QB that the Fins already have last week, so I don't see the attraction on him. As far as new head coach, I know this is a out of box call, but what about trying to get Dabo out of Clemson?

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you nailed it when you said Gase should not be calling the plays on offense.....
If he would have stuck to game planning and his role as HC he may have been fine. Should have given his OC the reigns and survived but this guy has a mega ego...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nt
"The Miami Dolphins have begun their search for a coach who's ready to lose this year. New England Patriots linebackers coach Brian Flores, the first candidate to interview for the Dolphins' job, met with them Friday. Owner Stephen Ross..."

Patriots assistant Flores interviews for Dolphins' head job
Ross didn't say he wants to lose but if they have to take a step back to move forward then he's ok with this approach. IMO it will come down to QB and what they decide to do. Tanny will keep them competitive but if they start Ossweiler or a rookie it could be ugly...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nt

Ross didn't say he wants to lose but if they have to take a step back to move forward then he's ok with this approach. IMO it will come down to QB and what they decide to do. Tanny will keep them competitive but if they start Ossweiler or a rookie it could be ugly...

Ross: "Expectations for Miami in 2019 are low partly because owner Stephen Ross has said the franchise will abandon its win-now approach to build with the long term in mind and end a cycle of mediocrity. The Dolphins have finished with six to eight wins nine times in the past decade."

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ross: "Expectations for Miami in 2019 are low partly because owner Stephen Ross has said the franchise will abandon its win-now approach to build with the long term in mind and end a cycle of mediocrity. The Dolphins have finished with six to eight wins nine times in the past decade."
Bro you need to stop your infatuation with Miami. Enjoy your tainted patsies wins while they last because your team will most likely go into 49'er mode soon....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bro you need to stop your infatuation with Miami. Enjoy your tainted patsies wins while they last because your team will most likely go into 49'er mode soon....

Fins are a division rival. You beat us this year - again. It's not infatuation.

Maybe you should just be crying out, "make the pain stop!"

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fins are a division rival. You beat us this year - again. It's not infatuation.

Maybe you should just be crying out, "make the pain stop!"
It's self inflicted until the owner hires a decent coach we are screwed. Many of us would prefer a coach with some experience as the last few have bombed. I'm not very confident that your NE guys will get it done but who knows... But if they are cheaters I don't want them I want legitimate championships!

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on street is that Fins want to release Tannehill. Probably good move IMO.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word on street is that Fins want to release Tannehill. Probably good move IMO.
I think it's a money thing. Also just a change. If they move forward with some young QB's with promise I can live with that but if they force Osweiler and Fales down our throats I will be pissed. May as well bring back Cleo Lemon....

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's a money thing. Also just a change. If they move forward with some young QB's with promise I can live with that but if they force Osweiler and Fales down our throats I will be pissed. May as well bring back Cleo Lemon....

I agree. I wonder if Tannehill would consider contract re-structure and reduce money? I hope they get a FA (not Teddy) Foles or Taylor if they don't overspend. Haskins may be there for the 13th, but not sure if he is the right pick. Maybe sign Taylor and hope that Jones, Luck or Grier fall into second round. I flyer is Thorson in the 5 or 6th round and try to groom him. I like him, and has good sound tools.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I wonder if Tannehill would consider contract re-structure and reduce money? I hope they get a FA (not Teddy) Foles or Taylor if they don't overspend. Haskins may be there for the 13th, but not sure if he is the right pick. Maybe sign Taylor and hope that Jones, Luck or Grier fall into second round. I flyer is Thorson in the 5 or 6th round and try to groom him. I like him, and has good sound tools.
Not sure Tanny would restructure team may also want a fresh start. I'd try to keep him though if he would...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Tanny would restructure team may also want a fresh start. I'd try to keep him though if he would...

If Dolphins are doing a "total rebuild" you'd be better to get rid of Tannehill and any other big contract.
Raiders did that. Watch how fast they rebuild after dumping money and picking up draft picks......

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dolphins are doing a "total rebuild" you'd be better to get rid of Tannehill and any other big contract.
Raiders did that. Watch how fast they rebuild after dumping money and picking up draft picks......
They don't need a total rebuild they have a lot of young players already...

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don't need a total rebuild they have a lot of young players already...

Your owner disagrees.....

"Ross has gotten to a point where much of the fan base is at today. If it takes a few losing seasons in order for Miami to get back to a championship caliber team as they once were then so be it. In today’s press conference, Ross did not use the word rebuild, but one could tell that was the message he was delivering in order to get this team back to prominence."

"Ross did state that he doesn’t want Miami to go 3-13, but if that’s what it takes then so be it. In reality, that may indeed be what it takes in order for Miami to become a contender again. He made it clear that the days of signing older free agents to plug in positions rather than fixing them are over. With that in mind, Dolphins fans can expect the organization to part ways with a number of veterans this off-season.