• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Changing from Mediocrity

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, the QB position is thin this year, last year would have been year to pick one up, The FA market is weak as well. Fins may be stuck with Tannehill after all.

Herbert, Lock, and Haskins could be available when the Fins pick in the first round. Another QB to consider is Stidham from Auburn. He could be chosen in the second round. There are other QBs also to choose from. QB is the most important position on the field. The Fins need to invest in the position with an early pick.

The Fins could use one of their veteran QBs for a year as they develop a rookie QB. In the long run it can be better for a rookie to have more time to develop before taking over the job as a starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert, Lock, and Haskins could be available when the Fins pick in the first round. Another QB to consider is Stidham from Auburn. He could be chosen in the second round. There are other QBs also to choose from. QB is the most important position on the field. The Fins need to invest in the position with an early pick.

The Fins could use one of their veteran QBs for a year as they develop a rookie QB. In the long run it can be better for a rookie to have more time to develop before taking over the job as a starter.

Just pick one of the three because he's available or one of them any good?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just pick one of the three because he's available or one of them any good?

It would need to be the right pick. The Fins need to decide what type of QB that they want. Do they want the best pocket passer available or a QB that is more mobile. Whoever, it is I think the team could use a player that has better pocket presence to avoid the rush and make plays or at least get rid of the ball if no one is open.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to what the Raiders say publically, some think Carr is on the trading block. Any chance the Dolphins give up a first rounder for Carr and send Tannenhill packing?

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contrary to what the Raiders say publically, some think Carr is on the trading block. Any chance the Dolphins give up a first rounder for Carr and send Tannenhill packing?

The Fins have plenty of veteran QBs. I doubt you see a trade like that. I think it's wishful thinking on your part.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carr will not perform better than Tannehill if the don't surround him with the right players. I beleve Carr has more upside than Tannehill but Tannehill is not the problem. Bringing in Marino is rediculous. He is already part of the problem. He won't solve anything.....

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lateral move at best.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carr will not perform better than Tannehill if the don't surround him with the right players. I beleve Carr has more upside than Tannehill but Tannehill is not the problem. Bringing in Marino is rediculous. He is already part of the problem. He won't solve anything.....

There's no doubt that Marino is dumber than a box of rocks, but his playing career proves that dope with a cannon can be effective.................. until playoff time.

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to cut Tannehill only if we can get Bridgewater on a cheap 1-yr "prove it" deal.

In the draft, I'd love to get Zach Allen in R1. He'd be a helluva LDE who can kick inside on obvious passing downs. I'd also trade up in the 2nd round if a nice DT prospect drops. Dexter Lawrence maybe? Both guys are beasts in the run game. I see the D-line as the top priority moving forward, as long as Sitton and Kilgore are on the path to full recovery. Hopefully we can get an upgrade to Jesse Davis. I think Miami lets Ja'wuan James test the market. I wonder if a contender with cap space would trade for R.Jones? It wouldn't cost them too much since Miami would pay 4M of his signing bonus the next 3 years

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert is off the board. I'm not sold on Haskins. So that leaves Lock. I'm not sure he us a top 15 pick. If Williams or Little ( OT) maybe Taylor are available need to make that move and see what QB they can get in second round or Third. I feel that O line talent available in round 1-2 has less depth than QB???

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herbert is off the board. I'm not sold on Haskins. So that leaves Lock. I'm not sure he us a top 15 pick. If Williams or Little ( OT) maybe Taylor are available need to make that move and see what QB they can get in second round or Third. I feel that O line talent available in round 1-2 has less depth than QB???

The DLine is bereft of quality talent and there's a lot of nice R1 and R2 DL prospects. It'd be terrible if we didn't get at least 1. We can't rush the passer well or stop the run well.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to cut Tannehill only if we can get Bridgewater on a cheap 1-yr "prove it" deal.

In the draft, I'd love to get Zach Allen in R1. He'd be a helluva LDE who can kick inside on obvious passing downs. I'd also trade up in the 2nd round if a nice DT prospect drops. Dexter Lawrence maybe? Both guys are beasts in the run game. I see the D-line as the top priority moving forward, as long as Sitton and Kilgore are on the path to full recovery. Hopefully we can get an upgrade to Jesse Davis. I think Miami lets Ja'wuan James test the market. I wonder if a contender with cap space would trade for R.Jones? It wouldn't cost them too much since Miami would pay 4M of his signing bonus the next 3 years

Get rid of an injury prone QB for Bridgewater - that sounds like the Miami way.....

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get rid of an injury prone QB for Bridgewater - that sounds like the Miami way.....

Southieinnc,

The Fins are deserving of your criticism for being overly patient with Tannehill and not developing another QB in the mean time. That said, the Fins could still make a better decision going forward.

There has been some talk about Bridgewater. He will be playing Sunday and it will be interesting. Your point about him being injury prone is well taken. I think inconsistency and too many INTs have to be factored in as well. He will get a chance Sunday to play for the Saints in his first NFL game in awhile. They reworked a 1 yr contract into a 2 yr voidable contract. I think the Saints handled his situation well in light of the uncertainty with him.

A player to watch on the Fins current roster is Luke Falk. If the team doesn't see a franchise QB that they like in the next draft, he could be a player who gets a chance to earn practice reps and playing time to develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Fins aren't fairly certain that one of the top QBs in the draft is better that Luke Falk then perhaps they should either draft a QB in the 2nd round or wait until next year. I have been learning more about Falk. I think he has a much higher ceiling than Tannehill.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not quite. The decision isn't usually made until Brady goes under center. If Brady sees an opening, he taps the center on his ass and they go.....
The point is that Brady sneaks almost every game and he's semi crippled at this point. Gase has called one sneak since he's been here...mainly calls 45 yard pass plays when he needs an inch. That's why their drives stall all of the time. What's worse is that their running game has been pretty good when he allows it.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point is that Brady sneaks almost every game and he's semi crippled at this point. Gase has called one sneak since he's been here...mainly calls 45 yard pass plays when he needs an inch. That's why their drives stall all of the time. What's worse is that their running game has been pretty good when he allows it.

Brady calls the sneak. Again, if he sees a gap he taps the center. No gap, they stay with called play.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady calls the sneak. Again, if he sees a gap he taps the center. No gap, they stay with called play.
But is the call played always a shot gun 45+ yard pass play when they only need an inch? That's what Gase calls 99% of the time...

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel you pain.....
You have no idea he's not a horrible coach he's a horrible play caller. If he passes the play calling on to his OC the Fins would be fine but I don't see him doing it. This is why I want him fired....