• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chad Henne

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Reedy and Hobson interviewed MB today and both had the headline "No Trade"...

Brown: No trade for Palmer in works | Bengals Blog

If this is on the level I don't understand what keeps Palmer from showing to either collect a check or force a trade/cut, but that's just me

Because Brown still won't trade him and then Palmer has to go to every meeting, practice, suit up and travel for games. Palmer doesn't to do any of that. It's not worth it to him.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew the concepts and logic in my post would go clear over your head.

For someone who loves to rave that I'm a troll, you sure spend a lot of time arguing with me. You just can't stay away can you?

You have no logic. Everyone disagrees with you. Nothing is going over my head. You are too stupid to understand that you are wrong. Everyone knows it, all the people surrounding the NFL know it. You are on your own on this one.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Because Brown still won't trade him and then Palmer has to go to every meeting, practice, suit up and travel for games. Palmer doesn't to do any of that. It's not worth it to him.

The worst case scenario is that he gets paid 6 million dollars to do what Jordan Palmer did for the past few yrs. Backup QB is a pretty sweet deal. Practice, suit up, etc is what every player in the NFL has to do every week. It's what Palmer would have to do if he's every traded. I don't see that as a dauting task.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Reedy and Hobson interviewed MB today and both had the headline "No Trade"...

Brown: No trade for Palmer in works | Bengals Blog

If this is on the level I don't understand what keeps Palmer from showing to either collect a check or force a trade/cut, but that's just me

Mike Brown, when you die, no one is going to quote you and herald your greatness sans Al Davis. Remember when they got Osama and people were having a party in the streets while other people said, "hey man, that's classless!" It will be like that.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You really can't take any Brown says right now for a grain of salt.

There are legitimate reasons to believe Carson won't be traded by Tuesday, but because Brown is saying it right now is not one of them. He's supposed to say that.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The worst case scenario is that he gets paid 6 million dollars to do what Jordan Palmer did for the past few yrs. Backup QB is a pretty sweet deal. Practice, suit up, etc is what every player in the NFL has to do every week. It's what Palmer would have to do if he's every traded. I don't see that as a dauting task.

He would also have to live in Cinci where his wife won't go. He would have to be there for weeks at a time. No way his family is going back there. Palmer doesn't want to suit up for the Bengals. He said he would never step back in PBS as a Bengal and this way he would have to. Brown would just pay him, and have him sit there on the bench backing up a rookie. He might even force Marv to start him in which case Palmer would have to play behind a poor O-Line. Palmer doesn't want to be on that field for this team, and Mikey Boy could make him be.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He would also have to live in Cinci where his wife won't go. He would have to be there for weeks at a time. No way his family is going back there. Palmer doesn't want to suit up for the Bengals. He said he would never step back in PBS as a Bengal and this way he would have to. Brown would just pay him, and have him sit there on the bench backing up a rookie. He might even force Marv to start him in which case Palmer would have to play behind a poor O-Line. Palmer doesn't want to be on that field for this team, and Mikey Boy could make him be.

About the wife issue... "Hey, honey I'm going to go to work for 2 months. Be back with my 6 million in January"... that's not an issue.

The Bengals are 3-2 with a rookie QB who's playing well. The threat of Palmer being forced to start is no longer there. They're in the playoff hunt and have to play the best player. Palmer wouldn't know the playbook, and he most likely wouldn't put in the extra work to learn it well enough to be the starter

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You really can't take any Brown says right now for a grain of salt.

There are legitimate reasons to believe Carson won't be traded by Tuesday, but because Brown is saying it right now is not one of them. He's supposed to say that.

He has to play the "I won't trade him" poker hand just to increase his value. I agree. But why would the most private owner in the NFL grant an interview on the subject right before the deadline? Seems like he wanted to dispell the recent rumors..

If this is an elaborate ruse by Brown to up the offers he'll have my respect.. I'd be very suprised though..

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the wife issue... "Hey, honey I'm going to go to work for 2 months. Be back with my 6 million in January"... that's not an issue.

The Bengals are 3-2 with a rookie QB who's playing well. The threat of Palmer being forced to start is no longer there. They're in the playoff hunt and have to play the best player. Palmer wouldn't know the playbook, and he most likely wouldn't put in the extra work to learn it well enough to be the starter

1. Palmers wife is the man in that relationship. She said she wanted out of Cinci and they were out. I doubt she says yeah go back, we only have ya know 75 mil in the bank.

2. And you seriously think Brown cares about winning? If Palmer comes back i have no doubt in my mind he would play him to spite him.

3. Palmer is a great QB didn't you know? Ask flaming he will tell you. He would have a higher rating than 103. If Dalton gives us a shot at the playoffs, Palmer assures us a SB.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Palmers wife is the man in that relationship. She said she wanted out of Cinci and they were out. I doubt she says yeah go back, we only have ya know 75 mil in the bank.

2. And you seriously think Brown cares about winning? If Palmer comes back i have no doubt in my mind he would play him to spite him.

3. Palmer is a great QB didn't you know? Ask flaming he will tell you. He would have a higher rating than 103. If Dalton gives us a shot at the playoffs, Palmer assures us a SB.

1. Eh, I think the wife rumors are courtsey of the Bengals FO. He's not walking out on a 4 yr, 50 million dollar because his wife is upset he got booed. I can't even write that without laughing

2. Dalton's not getting benched right now

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Eh, I think the wife rumors are courtsey of the Bengals FO. He's not walking out on a 4 yr, 50 million dollar because his wife is upset he got booed. I can't even write that without laughing

2. Dalton's not getting benched right now

I have 6 words for you. Mike Brown, Mike Brown, Mike Brown.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Why would he title the article "NFL Trade Rumors..."?

He contradicts himself as well....

He's "probably" an upgrade over Tarvaris Jackson, but he would make the Vikings instant contenders replacing McNabb. Try not playing both sides of the spectrum next time.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is from Clark Judge, a writer with CBS Sports...

"I talked to an NFL coach who said, "If Carson Palmer actually sits out, his trade value goes up in my estimation." I said "It goes up? Why?" He said, "Because that is a guy of conviction. That just shows you how determined he was to get out of there. I really would want a guy like that" That's illogical thinking to me, but that's what he said to me. If the Bengals determine that they're going to trade him and I'm not convinced of that, I think they could get a lot for him. There could be and should be a market for Carson Palmer and people would stand in line to try to get this guy."

LOL at Mike Brown forcing Palmer to sit out the yr while gaining trade value for him. that'd be fucking hysterical. MB's vindictive, and he's a genius appearently

Last edited by a moderator:

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've been saying it for a while. To the people outside of Cincinnati, Palmer's holdout is more reflective of the organization than it is of him. As if they understand him. He is still respected around the league.

Every time you see someone talk about a player or coach on the Bengals that is having success, they always either preface or qualify that praise by a mentioning how difficult it is to win with the Bengals. Just as a way to show that success is more admirable than just what you see on the surface. Point being, people (outside of Cincinnati) know the Bengals are screwed up for which reason don't blame Palmer for wanting out for a real chance to win and hence do not see him as a quitter. Just as someone who is fed up.

But of course, those that hate Palmer or hate him "quitting" on them won't ever allow themselves to see it that way.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure there are some that agree with Palmer...but there are those who are ripping him:

3. This makes me sad for Carson Palmer. Or maybe it shouldn't. Maybe the guy's happy with his life. But I can tell you there are players around the league ripping Palmer as a chump who was afraid to take on the challenge of sticking with the Bengals and making them good again. Some players are calling him the word that is slang for a cat. They also feel he's getting a pass from the media.

Ten-Point Stance: Burress has been a model Jet -- so far - NFL - CBSSports.com Football

So, it's not everyone understands Palmer outside of Cincinnati. There are those who are against what he is doing.

In any case. Palmer is going nowhere this year. Once the trade deadline passes we can finally move on from this and at least give it a 5 month hiatus before talking about trading him again in the off-season.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Every analyst and quoted GM (I believe there was one if my recollection is correct) that I can recall has been sympathetic towards Carson.

That's the first article I've read stating such. Interesting.

My guess is it's the uneducated hoodrats that are saying that. You know, the types that during the lockout were running their mouths because they weren't able to fathom the complexities that go into making a deal that will only help THEM and the rest of the players out currently and in the future.

Just a hunch.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate Palmer at all. In fact, I'm thrilled with how all of this played out. I saw Palmer as a player in major decline that will never touch the level of production he displayed from 05-07. I saw Brown as an owner that would have kept rolling Palmer out there, even if he continued to struggle. I figured as long as Palmer was here, MB would refuse to invest in the QB position for the future (with a high draft pick). Palmer did us a favor. His retirement allowed us to clean house of two guys past their prime (Palmer and Ocho), draft are most promising playmaker since Ocho (Green) and get lucky with a quarterback that I see a future with (Dalton).

And while I agree that there are plenty of analysts that still sing the praises of Palmer, I happen to disagree..... Many of these analysts continued to discuss Palmer's potential even as he struggled through the last 2 seasons. I suspect he'll find employment with a struggling football team after this season. And I suspect he'll look rather pedestrian on his return the field.