• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: CFP Semifinal- Alabama vs Ohio State @ Sugar Bowl

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida St. is like the Marshall Herd. They played a bunch of cream puffs, and when they had to play a real team they got exposed.

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tallahassee police can't get them off this one

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T'other game is pretty much over. What's happening up in here, besides a whole lotta ghey?

Megatron

Decepticon ******
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Most nervous I've been for a game in awhile. Love the big match ups. I've got faith in my Buckeyes.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

GoreRush

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State wasn't given a fighting chance against Michigan State, citing the Spartans defense as vaunting and stifling, yet they got took to the woodshed..In comes Wisconsin, ranked in the top 5 defensive teams in the country, strong running game, monster offensive line, and the best running back in the country, yet got beat 59-0. Listen people, on any level, beating somebody 59-0 in a conference championship game is a BIG DEAL. Is Alabama good? Of course they are, but lets not anoint them the best team in football and not tell the entire story..Living here in Alabama I've watched this team very closely. Alabama has been the beneficiary of an average SEC conference this year. Does that mean they aren't good? No it doesn't, as people said the same thing about Florida state last season. People have said the same thing about Ohio State each season they roll through the Big Ten. Understand, the only thing beneficiary about playing in a conference that's having a down season, is that you get to cruise through the season with lesser injuries than most teams across the country. It doesn't lesson the value of Ohio State, Alabama, and Florida State..

You see, the problem with the SEC is that because of previous success in these championship games, they'll receive the benefit of the doubt despite of. Alabama has been a pedestrian team all season long, yet continue to receive the benefit of the doubt time and time again. Winning national championships is not defined by having the best talent in the country. Yes having the players do matter, but that's only 50% of the battle. Coaching is a major factor in college athletics PERIOD. Now does this lesson Nick Saban as a coach? No, but lets not sell Urban Meyer short, and lets not continue to view Ohio State as the team that lost to Florida and LSU, these are different times under different circumstances. It's amazing that the media continues to give certain schools the benefit of the doubt, as they have with Oregon. Remember Jeremiah Mosseli? Remember he Rose bowl against Ohio state when the Ducks were simply over matched? The following season the Ducks were over matched by LSU, and Oregon coached admitted. The year after that, Auburn pushed them around in winning the national championship, the following season Stanford pushed them up and down the field. Yet here in 2014, they continue to pick Oregon as a top 3 school every single year. Is Oregon good? Of course, but lets be honest, the Ducks continue to field a team of SMALL fast players that get pushed around against major college programs. If Alabama is THAT much better than Ohio State, how is it the Buckeyes continue to churn out NFL players every year, starting as well? Ohio State should win this game by 2 touchdowns? Why? Because Ohio State will present Blake Sims with a plethora of problems..Why hasn't anybody mentioned that? Because Alabama continues to get the benefit of the doubt, just as they did last year against Oklahoma. Funny, nobody mentions the fact that Saban bowl record is average at best, but then when you blend in those 3 national titles it tends to erase that barely over .500 record. Stay tuned...

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to a good game Bama.. question is... do I drink... or not... hmmm:suds:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:herbie:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played in 1977, 1986, and 1994. Seems a tad irrelevant.

Was just a post, dont like that one, find some good numbers to post for tOSU. I could post that tOSU is officially winless against the SEC in bowl games, but that would be redundant since everyone knows it. Gonna be a long night for you if you're getting butthurt now over posts

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's to a good game Bama.. question is... do I drink... or not... hmmm:suds:

Same back at you man, we been buds all year, but tonight we enemies for a few hours :suds:

Start drinking now and save yourself the pain of the end of the game :lol:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was so wrong on the other game. Just going to stfu for this one.

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same back at you man, we been buds all year, but tonight we enemies for a few hours :suds:

Start drinking now and save yourself the pain of the end of the game :lol:

eb.png

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Bama better win. I laid some vCash on them and the over for this game.

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Bama better win. I laid some vCash on them and the over for this game.

I didn't, but would still rather they won.

Even if they do though, don't think they'll beat Oregon.

Acrux

THEE Real Authoritay ©
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just need to call the rose bowl.. :gaah: start our game already damnit.