• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Poll

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No with how they score the teams a 2 loss team would lose a lot of ground.

I don't think they so....they clearly don't give a shit who you lose to. They place more value on who you beat.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just said on ESPN that it would almost be In possible for a 2 loss team makes it unless most power teams have 2Ls. They said this new system would not let a 2 Loss team make in the playoffs because it wouldn't look right playing an undefeated team.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't listen to ESPN. They had ESPN as one of their first 2 out......we were 4 spots below that.

You don't think they would put a 2 loss Ole Miss team who defeated Bama & Ole Miss over Notre Dame who best win is probably some 8-4/9-3 Arizona State team.

We are done.....We need some extreme chaos to stand a chance

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they even said that they can't see giving a SEC team that doesn't make the championship game making the playoffs. It just wouldn't make much sense. They also mention teams that win can lose ground

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well guys lets just win out and see what happens. I guess we have to become fans of other teams every week. Damn this sucks.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They know about as much as us....it's just all speculation on their part.

Only those 12 in the room know what their criteria is and what they actually value

NDIrishGuy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly this year is now a lost cause. ND apparently had to go undefeated to even have a chance. Until they make a real tournament (8 or preferably 16 teams) it is going to lead to the same crap BCS debate. I'd rather the playoff debate over the best 2 or 3 loss team, vice which 1 loss team deserves to be there.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well guys lets just win out and see what happens. I guess we have to become fans of other teams every week. Damn this sucks.

We need Oregon to lose again, need the big 12 conference champ to finish with 2 losses, need every team from the SEC west except the conference winner to end with 2 losses, we need USC, Stanford, & ASU to not lose a game the rest of the year with the exception of the game against us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn leaks are coming out already. Ty willing ham had us 12th and Pat Haden had us 13th. Can we say Bias. Again don't know if any of these rumors are true but I can see ND had no chance. Forgot who was on the board. No offense Haden should not be allowed on the board.

This is so bias against ND. What a joke.

Look at this board. ND had no chance.

College Football Playoff

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no body should be on this board that is still active/part of an university.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope we win out the rest of the year. If that happens I'm happy regardless of how anyone votes, where we are ranked or any other criteria for that matter. Just win baby!

matthstl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my issue SEC is given to much credit from the past. When you do not play outside your conference how do you judge strength of schedule. Ole Miss loss to two loss LSU team a team that got blown out by Auburn. LSU could potentailly be 4 to 5 loss team at end of year. I watch the game LSU gave away points with turnovers and Ole Miss could not move the ball. There is no way this team deserves to be 4. Alabama has played one ranked team and loss. Bama beat a 4-4 Arkansas team by 1??

I knew this was going to be a joke before this season started and now it is clear to me that is exactly what it is. Now we have every commentator agreeing with this that is even more of joke.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said on the general board, we are done.

Our only hope is that Stanford/ASU run the table ( excluding our game vs ASU), and they both make the PAC 12 title...otherwise our season is done no matter what we do from this point forward

ND is not done, not even close. Win out and you have a very good chance of being in the top4. Do you control your destiny? No, no team that lost does, not even the 2 1 loss teams in the top4 right now.

There is so much football to be played still. All any team should be focused on right now is winning.

I'm starting to wonder how long some people have been watching this game with all the knee jerk reactions.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my issue SEC is given to much credit from the past. When you do not play outside your conference how do you judge strength of schedule.

Uh, wrong. Hell, Auburn beat the current Big12 leader in K-State.

Ole Miss loss to two loss LSU team a team that got blown out by Auburn. LSU could potentailly be 4 to 5 loss team at end of year.

Yeah, losses to the teams that are being ranked for the playoffs.

I watch the game LSU gave away points with turnovers and Ole Miss could not move the ball. There is no way this team deserves to be 4.

That's why LSU isn't a playoff contender.

Alabama has played one ranked team and loss. Bama beat a 4-4 Arkansas team by 1??

They beat WVU, who is currently tied for 2nd in the Big12, who also beat #4 Baylor.

I knew this was going to be a joke before this season started and now it is clear to me that is exactly what it is. Now we have every commentator agreeing with this that is even more of joke.

You do understand that many of the SEC teams mentioned still have to play each other, and will knock each other out of it right?

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team is paying for 2012 team losing like they did in the National Title game to Alabama. Basically everyone said if Notre Dame are undefeated they are clearly this selection committee doesn't put much stock in Notre Dame or their loss to FSU. Now they are basically screwed if three of the one loss teams win out that are ahead of them.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this team is paying for 2012 team losing like they did in the National Title game to Alabama. Basically everyone said if Notre Dame are undefeated they are clearly this selection committee doesn't put much stock in Notre Dame or their loss to FSU. Now they are basically screwed if three of the one loss teams win out that are ahead of them.

because 1/4 of the committee is against ND already. Haden, Ty and Kelly.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU being ahead of is just a joke. They get blown out and teams that we played the same team we have played better and have a better out come. Just a joke.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn leaks are coming out already. Ty willing ham had us 12th and Pat Haden had us 13th. Can we say Bias. Again don't know if any of these rumors are true but I can see ND had no chance. Forgot who was on the board. No offense Haden should not be allowed on the board.

College Football Playoff

Didn't I say as much? This is nothing more than a BCS committee and you're oh so right, the bias is sure to be there, it's called a schema; something apparently most fans aren't aware of, and neither are the people that make up the rules that give us these fucking lame ass committees.

Until the NCAA goes to a 8-16 team playoff with each conference getting an auto-bid with some 'at-large' type of team like ND (and even that may need to be ended so there's no argument about who's the at-large team best deserving of those spots) this is all just a fucking beauty contest and we're freaking Irish, we don't win beauty contests, we never have.

I did say the other day that Swarbrick might be kicking himself for making that deal with the ACC. 5 fucking teams a year for 10 years? Do any of you actually believe the ACC is going to be one of the best of the 5 power conferences once FSU gets smacked back down to earth for the nonsense that is going on there under Jimbo Fisher? Do we really believe that the likes of Pitt, BC, Louisville, etc. are going to be strong enough teams to make the rest of our schedule palatable with respect to SOS in these beauty contests? I think that what you saw tonight is just a prelude. Swarbrick has some serious thinking to be doing here because the Independent status means absolutely diddly anymore. To exacerbate the problem, our scheduling so far in advance is not going to help anything. We now have to fucking pray that a good deal of the teams on the near-future schedule are going to be good. This is not how it used to be at ND. We didn't schedule that far out in advance because it was understood that as an independent who has no CCG we needed the maneuverability to be able to schedule someone on a couple years notice at best.

No more though. I hate to say it but, we kinda brought this on ourselves. Really wonder how Swarbrick thinks of that deal now, and I don't mean the politically correct feeling.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8-16 teams will solve nothing. In fact, it will get even worse just as going from 2 teams to 4 teams has.

KnuteRoc

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

College Football Playoff

8-16 teams will solve nothing. In fact, it will get even worse just as going from 2 teams to 4 teams has.

Disagree. By expanding to 16 you will have all conference winners, an independent spot if deserving, as well as spots for teams that didn't win conference championship but just as well had good seasons and their record deserving of a spot.

I don't understand how you can feel that way when the AFL/NFL has had no problem doing it for what, 75-80 years now? Granted, it doesn't have 120 teams, but this is why you have conferences. It's the best solution possible for the circumstances, otherwise, just what do you think is a solution? You surely can't be advocating for a beauty contest in the Polls?

Anytime you make a choice based on opinion it's subjective. Human beings have biases and schemas, to pretend otherwise is to ignore reality. This committee has biases and schemas and they will bleed into these 'rankings'. I'm sorry but if anyone expects me to believe that Condoleeza Rice knows more about football than me, I challenge her to a football knowledge duel!

The point is simply, remove the human component, let the teams decide it on the field. It's certainly much more palatable to say, oh you're around the 17th best team and didn't make it in, do better next year?! Much better than to say, oh you have just as good a record as the 4th/5th team but arguably a weaker schedule, or you didn't have as convincing a win(s) as this team did etc... is not nearly as palatable.

Do you ever see the NFL analysts saying, oh I think team X should make the playoffs because they beat the defending champs or last year's division winner, etc? Nope. Your record and tie-breakers make the case, nothing more nothing less. The same way it should be in any sport that has record as a barometer of a team as compared to another.