• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFB Playoff Resumes (Washington, Wisconsin, Penn State & Michigan)

Which team deserves to be #4?

• Washington

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Penn State

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you guys struggled big time in those games
We scored 45 points on Colorado and 1/4 of their points came on a pick 6. That game was never in question.

Against Indiana, yes -- we struggled -- in 25 degrees and a snow storm. As any team would. OSU and MSU struggled earlier in the day without the snow storm. We were also starting a backup QB, but no mention of that?

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We scored 45 points on Colorado and 1/4 of their points came on a pick 6. That game was never in question.

Against Indiana, yes -- we struggled -- in 25 degrees and a snow storm. As any team would. OSU and MSU struggled earlier in the day without the snow storm. We were also starting a backup QB, but no mention of that?

Well, with your logic I can then talk about all the defensive starters we had out vs Michigan

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They returned a fumble after sacking your quarterback on 3rd down... not a pick 6...

That game was absolutely in question when Liufau went out in the second half. Colorado was LEADING.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple. You guys had a well oiled machine. Harbaugh is still playing catchup but is starting to even it out. Cooper had many experienced teams lose to Carr underclassmen iirc.

Harbaugh was hired at the last second and we had a 2015 recruiting class that was a disaster. When Tressell came in, he still had Cooper's elite recruits and was able to make them better ala Harbaugh and Carr was obviously overrated and just another Cooper who won those OSU games because he was an intern coach from Bo and Moller's staff. I am of the opinion that if Moller wasn't popped for a DUI, Michigan would have been more dominant in the 90s but one can only speculate.

Ohio St has the talent no doubt but this year they had no passing attack at times and zero downfield threat, that's why I said this will probably be the best chance y'all have. Of course Harbaugh will have his recruits in there which will make a huge difference but that would be in the next couple years when they get some time under their belt. I still think this was the least experienced team Urban has ever had, we could have a new QB next year but if not it will be a very experienced group.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with your logic I can then talk about all the defensive starters we had out vs Michigan
Defensive injuries are a different story, Michigan's had players go out on offense and defense. There's enough depth to correct. Losing a starting QB for an entire game is usually catastrophic to a team unless you're 2014 Ohio State.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They returned a fumble after sacking your quarterback on 3rd down... not a pick 6...

That game was absolutely in question when Liufau went out in the second half. Colorado was LEADING.
The game was never in question. Colorado scored a quick 14 points and outside the first 3 minutes of the first quarter, Michigan outscored CU 45 to 10.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The game was never in question. Colorado scored a quick 14 points and outside the first 3 minutes of the first quarter, Michigan outscored CU 45 to 10.
It was never in question after Colorado lost their quarterback in the second half when they were up 28-24 you mean?

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And don't run your QB if you don't want him injured. Michigan knocked out 6+ QB's this year for the same thing. That's what happens when you attempt to do that on the nation's best defense.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was never in question after Colorado lost their quarterback in the second half when they were up 28-24 you mean?
See above. They ran their QB, he got injured because of that. That's a risk you take when you run that offense. And no, even with him in the game we were dominating after that first 3 minutes. The 14 point buffer they had made the score look closer than the game felt.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

"Gifted"... why am I not shocked you're making excuses for a game your team won? Call it a blowout if it makes you feel better, I doubt any objective fan will agree.

By the way, Michigan's offense was at the end of their second possession (they punted their first) when Colorado returned the fumble. So I don't know what the fuck you mean by 2nd offensive play.

I'm not calling it anything. UM won by 17 and played the game without returning all-American CB Jourdan Lewis and our best DE Taco Charlton.

Colorado had 14 point lead like 2 minutes into the game. From that point on, UM rolled. Doesn't mean the 14 points didn't happen, just stating even after falling behind by 14, UM won by 17.

Hell. After the game I even posted on here and said CU was going to do some damage in the PAC-12 and it was met with laughs. Yet here we are and it is Colorado playing for the PAC title.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensive injuries are a different story, Michigan's had players go out on offense and defense. There's enough depth to correct. Losing a starting QB for an entire game is usually catastrophic to a team unless you're 2014 Ohio State.

We had 7 LBs out during that game alone, no amount of depth can over come that.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And don't run your QB if you don't want him injured. Michigan knocked out 6+ QB's this year for the same thing. That's what happens when you attempt to do that on the nation's best defense.
No one's saying that's not a risk or part of the game you have to deal with. No one's trying to take that win away from Michigan. It's pretty relevant when you want to claim a game you were losing in the second half was a blowout though.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not calling it anything. UM won by 17 and played the game without returning all-American CB Jourdan Lewis and our best DE Taco Charlton.

Colorado had 14 point lead like 2 minutes into the game. From that point on, UM rolled. Doesn't mean the 14 points didn't happen, just stating even after falling behind by 14, UM won by 17.

Hell. After the game I even posted on here and said CU was going to do some damage in the PAC-12 and it was met with laughs. Yet here we are and it is Colorado playing for the PAC title.
Then why the fuck are you making excuses and exagerating?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus... I'm arguing with a guy who's signature says they won a game they literally just lost. :L

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one's saying that's not a risk or part of the game you have to deal with. No one's trying to take that win away from Michigan. It's pretty relevant when you want to claim a game you were losing in the second half was a blowout though.
It was a blowout. Again, outside the first two minutes CU scored 10 points. 10. Michigan scored 45.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See above. They ran their QB, he got injured because of that. That's a risk you take when you run that offense. And no, even with him in the game we were dominating after that first 3 minutes. The 14 point buffer they had made the score look closer than the game felt.
See above.

And it's not accurate to call it a buffer of gifted points when they earned them.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus... I'm arguing with a guy who's signature says they won a game they literally just lost. :L
We won the game. 4th down stop, ball was short, game should have ended. What the refs did because of their open Ohio State bias is irrelevant.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a blowout. Again, outside the first two minutes CU scored 10 points. 10. Michigan scored 45.
Fine, you win. It was a blowout just like you beat OSU 28-24. :thumb:

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See above.

And it's not accurate to call it a buffer of gifted points when they earned them.
Sure, they earned them. But it's not indicative of the entire game and how it was played. They caught Michigan off guard, scored on their first scripted drive, Michigan made a mistake and coughed up 6 points and then we dominated them then on.