• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFB Playoff Resumes (Washington, Wisconsin, Penn State & Michigan)

Which team deserves to be #4?

• Washington

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Penn State

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm a Raiders fan...don't whine to me about calls going against your team
Well, if you want to talk about bad calls in the NFL and teams to follow -- I'm also a casual Lions fan. So I got you beat there too. "Completing the catch".

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since when was Colorado killed by Michigan? I remember Michigan being on upset alert until Liufau went down.

Colorado was spotted a 14-0 lead before UM had run a 2nd offensive play. After the first 90 seconds of the game, the score was 45-14. Just saying.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you want to talk about bad calls in the NFL and teams to follow -- I'm also a casual Lions fan. So I got you beat there too. "Completing the catch".

You're out of your mind. The Raiders have been getting bad calls since they got the reputation in 70s as thugs

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck it!

Western Michigan!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not Michigan

I would expect a PSU fan to say not Michigan. I give PSU props and actually hope PSU wins the CCG, because UM would have a shot at the CFP. No one is going to say PSU is the better team when UM started emptying the bench in the 3rd quarter up 35-3.

Wisconsin, on the other hand, have a better argument because of schedule strength. UM only beat them by 7 even though they dominated the game from start to finish. Wisconsin needed a interception return of 60 yards just to cross midfield in the game.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Michigan deserves to be #4, best resume of anyone and should have beaten OSU in Ohio. Our only true loss comes against a (now ranked) Iowa team on a last second field goal. But, I don't think Michigan deserves to be in the playoff, if that makes sense?

It's a pretty wacky year where the two best teams in the B10 are not playing for a conference title game. Michigan beat both teams who have the chance to win it, one in blowout form. This is the aftermath of a terrible league set up with 14 teams and all the power in 1 division.

If we beat Penn State, our resumes are pretty much identical. In the Iowa-Michigan-Wisconsin loop, we would all be 1-1 with a close loss and a close win. Outside that loop, we would both have one loss in a close game to OSU where we both outgained and debatably outplayed them (slight edge to you all because it happened at Ohio Stadium). Any slight edge though, is negated by the fact that both of our games in the loop were road games, while you played us at home. We would both have a win over Penn State and a solid OOC win (10-3 Colorado is a little better than 7-4 LSU, but we played them at a neutral site with 75% LSU fans). We were both otherwise undefeated against identical strength of competition. People have said to use H2H or Conference Championships to sort out ties, and we split that too. I'm not sure two teams in America would have more identical resumes than us.

I think Michigan, Washington, and Wisconsin all have very similar strength of resumes. I would have zero issue with any of the three as the #4 team. I do not think Penn State's resume would match up unless they won big against us. I think Washington will probably get the edge if they beat Colorado to add some variety of conference and based on Petersen's track record.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we beat Penn State, our resumes are pretty much identical. In the Iowa-Michigan-Wisconsin loop, we would all be 1-1 with a close loss and a close win. Outside that loop, we would both have one loss in a close game to OSU where we both outgained and debatably outplayed them (slight edge to you all because it happened at Ohio Stadium). Any slight edge though, is negated by the fact that both of our games in the loop were road games, while you played us at home. We would both have a win over Penn State and a solid OOC win (10-3 Colorado is a little better than 7-4 LSU, but we played them at a neutral site with 75% LSU fans). We were both otherwise undefeated against identical strength of competition. People have said to use H2H or Conference Championships to sort out ties, and we split that too. I'm not sure two teams in America would have more identical resumes than us.

I think Michigan, Washington, and Wisconsin all have very similar strength of resumes. I would have zero issue with any of the three as the #4 team. I do not think Penn State's resume would match up unless they won big against us. I think Washington will probably get the edge if they beat Colorado to add some variety of conference and based on Petersen's track record.
Penn State's is the biggest crock. It actually upsets me that they made it in to the CCG because they really have no business being there. Wisconsin was predicted because of the West's strength, but there's no way PSU is the best team in our division. We blew them out by 30+ points. They are not a good team.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Smart,

I agree with everything but the Wisconsin/Michigan game. The only thing remotely close was the score, thanks to 3 missed FG's and an interception at the 10 yard line. Wisconsin had 158 yards of offense. UM had 358 yards of offense. Wisconsin had 8 first downs. UM had 21 first downs. Wisconsin only crossed midfield once and the only time they scored was after a 60 yard interception return.

Wisconsin was absolutely dominated in that game from start to finish. It ended 14-7, but Wisconsin's offense never had a chance to sustain a drive.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are wins and losses. Not true wins and true losses, whatever the hell that means.
I agree with you. But, you need to inform some of your fellow Buckeyes of this fact. There are several that don't consider the Penn State game a loss.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State's is the biggest crock. It actually upsets me that they made it in to the CCG because they really have no business being there. Wisconsin was predicted because of the West's strength, but there's no way PSU is the best team in our division. We blew them out by 30+ points. They are not a good team.

Penn State has no business being there....so why are they going? Hint: its because Michigan LOST 2 games. How do you lose 2 games and then blame another team for getting a chance to go to the CCG. Maybe Michigan shouldn't have lost.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart,

I agree with everything but the Wisconsin/Michigan game. The only thing remotely close was the score, thanks to 3 missed FG's and an interception at the 10 yard line. Wisconsin had 158 yards of offense. UM had 358 yards of offense. Wisconsin had 8 first downs. UM had 21 first downs. Wisconsin only crossed midfield once and the only time they scored was after a 60 yard interception return.

Wisconsin was absolutely dominated in that game from start to finish. It ended 14-7, but Wisconsin's offense never had a chance to sustain a drive.

Rod Wheelwright almost kept his balance for a long TD on the first offensive play of the game. Hornibrook barely missed Peavy on a long pass where he would have scored. And Figaro(?) dropped an easy interception where he had momentum going the other way and was likely going to get 6.

I agree that Michigan vastly outplayed us on the lines. The matchup between your OL and our DL was even with maybe a slight Wisconsin edge. The matchup between your DL and our OL was...not even. Our OL got their asses kicked. But in terms of big play potential, I actually thought we were the closer of the two teams. I'm not sure if I can credit Michigan for getting yards but failing to convert on our side of the field without at least crediting us for setting up big plays which we also didn't convert.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State has no business being there....so why are they going? Hint: its because Michigan LOST 2 games
The reason Penn State is going is because Jim Delaney set up a system where there are 6 or so more teams than B10 teams are able to schedule. And Penn State got lucky and failed to play the two ranked teams in the West Division while teams like Michigan and OSU did. Penn State played exactly 2 ranked teams, barely beat one and got blown out by another. They don't deserve to be there. (and BTW, Penn State also has two losses it just happened to come at the hands of a mildly decent OOC team).

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason Penn State is going is because Jim Delaney set up a system where there are 6 or so more teams than B10 teams are able to schedule. And Penn State got lucky and failed to play the two ranked teams in the West Division while teams like Michigan and OSU did. Penn State played exactly 2 ranked teams, barely beat one and got blown out by another. They don't deserve to be there. (and BTW, Penn State also has two losses it just happened to come at the hands of a mildly decent OOC team).

Funny. You pimp Iowa as being ranked now when it comes to Michigan's loss but not when it comes to Penn State throttling them

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe don't lose to Iowa and OSU if you want to go to the CCG. Don't see how you blame another team for your own teams mistakes. Penn state beat Iowa and OSU. Oh I'm sorry..."BARELY" beat OSU. I forgot there are different degrees of winning and losing, and some wins should count less. :rolleyes:

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. But, you need to inform some of your fellow Buckeyes of this fact. There are several that don't consider the Penn State game a loss.

I think most consider it a loss. I would hope none are trying to say we actually won that game. I know quite a few are calling it a fluke loss. Whatever it is, the Buckeyes lost, however, don't think that loss should keep them out of the playoffs

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rod Wheelwright almost kept his balance for a long TD on the first offensive play of the game. Hornibrook barely missed Peavy on a long pass where he would have scored. And Figaro(?) dropped an easy interception where he had momentum going the other way and was likely going to get 6.

I agree that Michigan vastly outplayed us on the lines. The matchup between your OL and our DL was even with maybe a slight Wisconsin edge. The matchup between your DL and our OL was...not even. Our OL got their asses kicked. But in terms of big play potential, I actually thought we were the closer of the two teams. I'm not sure if I can credit Michigan for getting yards but failing to convert on our side of the field without at least crediting us for setting up big plays which we also didn't convert.

If you want to pick individual plays to go along with plays that actually happened. UM could have scored TD's on all three drives where they missed chip shot field goals (29,39,40)

And UM's RBs had 33 carries for 150 yards. I'm not sure that is controlling the line of scrimmage.

Wisconsin was dominated from start to finish everywhere but the scoreboard. UM's FG kicker is the only thing that kept the game close. Wisconsin offense had like a dozen drives of 3 or 4 plays. They never threatened to sustain a single drive

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait to see what the excuses are next week..."PSU barely beat wisconsin, so they are barely conference champions." Or "Wisconsin beat a PSU team that really didn't deserve to be there anyways, so really the win means nothing"

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe don't lose to Iowa and OSU if you want to go to the CCG. Don't see how you blame another team for your own teams mistakes. Penn state beat Iowa and OSU. Oh I'm sorry..."BARELY" beat OSU. I forgot there are different degrees of winning and losing, and some wins should count less. :rolleyes:
Penn State is the worse team and backed into the CCG because of an easy conference schedule.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe this is the reason:

Penn State record vs. Iowa/OSU: 2-0
Michigan record vs. Iowa/OSU: 0-2