• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL CFB Playoff Resumes (Washington, Wisconsin, Penn State & Michigan)

Which team deserves to be #4?

• Washington

Votes: 49 59.8%
  • Wisconsin

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Penn State

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Michigan

Votes: 13 15.9%

• Total voters

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would expect a PSU fan to say not Michigan. I give PSU props and actually hope PSU wins the CCG, because UM would have a shot at the CFP. No one is going to say PSU is the better team when UM started emptying the bench in the 3rd quarter up 35-3.

Wisconsin, on the other hand, have a better argument because of schedule strength. UM only beat them by 7 even though they dominated the game from start to finish. Wisconsin needed a interception return of 60 yards just to cross midfield in the game.

FYI I was never saying PSU should be in. There's really no argument to be made for PSU or Wisconsin until next week.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe this is the reason:

Penn State record vs. Iowa/OSU: 2-0
Michigan record vs. Iowa/OSU: 0-2

He thinks Michigan actually beat OSU.

Yet he's calling PSU a crock :rolleyes:

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe this is the reason:

Penn State record vs. Iowa/OSU: 2-0
Michigan record vs. Iowa/OSU: 0-2

I agree with that. But I will be praying PSU wins the CCG. It may be UM only shot.

When you beat a team by 39 points, even when emptying the bench in the 3rd quarter and outgained them 515 to 190. It is impossible to say they are the better team when you have the same amount of losses.

UM literally only threw the ball 3 times in the 2nd half. We were just running out the clock to make the bleeding stop.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State is the worse team and backed into the CCG because of an easy conference schedule.

PSU backed in by beating OSU and only losing 1 conference game, both things that Michigan was unable to do. Keep blaming PSU for your own teams fuck ups.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU backed in by beating OSU and only losing 1 conference game, both things that Michigan was unable to do. Keep blaming PSU for your own teams fuck ups.
PSU backed in because they got the easiest conference schedule of any of the top teams and played 2/3 of their tough games at home and the one game they played away they got blown out in.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PSU backed in because they got the easiest conference schedule of any of the top teams and played 2/3 of their tough games at home and the one game they played away they got blown out in.

Texas fans used to say things similar to this.

"Oklahoma backed into the Championship because we beat them and then proceeded to lose too many more games"

It was fucking hilarious.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. But I will be praying PSU wins the CCG. It may be UM only shot.

When you beat a team by 39 points, even when emptying the bench in the 3rd quarter and outgained them 515 to 190. It is impossible to say they are the better team when you have the same amount of losses.

UM literally only threw the ball 3 times in the 2nd half. We were just running out the clock to make the bleeding stop.

I think Michigan is the better team, although I'd be skeptical if Michigan could win a game against PSU in Happy Valley. Especially the way PSU is playing now. Also, PSU was playing like shit early in the season, and had a ton of injuries in the first game.

But Michigan lost to Iowa and Ohio State, two teams PSU beat, so it's not like PSU isn't deserving. Same thing happened with Colorado and USC.

USC beat Colorado H2H, but USC went 0-2 vs. Stanford and Utah, and Colorado went 2-0 vs. those teams.

bonham

We are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because we didn't play Wisconsin? We'll be playing them next week, what will you say if we win? Oh the results probably won't count because it's a neutral site, or PSU didn't deserve to be there, or the refs made a bad call.

And I'm arguing with someone that literally thinks Michigan beat OSU on Saturday... :|

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas fans used to say things similar to this.

"Oklahoma backed into the Championship because we beat them and then proceeded to lose too many more games"

It was fucking hilarious.
Both teams have the same number of losses and combine that with the fact that Michigan actually beat Ohio State but was robbed. That's part of my argument as well. You may not agree and that's fine. Michigan lost one game this year, Iowa.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we didn't play Wisconsin? We'll be playing them next week, what will you say if we win? Oh the results probably won't count because it's a neutral site, or PSU didn't deserve to be there, or the refs made a bad call.

And I'm arguing with someone that literally thinks Michigan beat OSU on Saturday... :|
Do you think Michigan loses to Iowa at home or loses by less against OSU at home? Penn State got a soft schedule, failed to play all of the toughest teams in the conference and backed into the CCG.

Are you debating that Michigan and OSU are worse teams than Penn State?

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
gzevk.jpg

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think Michigan loses to Iowa at home or loses by less against OSU at home? Penn State got a soft schedule, failed to play all of the toughest teams in the conference and backed into the CCG.

So who didn't we play in conference that makes our schedule so soft?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You want Michigan to play every fucking game at home? LOL. Both PSU and Michigan had 5 home games this season with the conference going to 9 conference games.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Michigan is the better team, although I'd be skeptical if Michigan could win a game against PSU in Happy Valley. Especially the way PSU is playing now. Also, PSU was playing like shit early in the season, and had a ton of injuries in the first game.

But Michigan lost to Iowa and Ohio State, two teams PSU beat, so it's not like PSU isn't deserving. Same thing happened with Colorado and USC.

USC beat Colorado H2H, but USC went 0-2 vs. Stanford and Utah, and Colorado went 2-0 vs. those teams.

H2H is part of the criteria for the CFP committee if there are comparable teams. If you don't have H2H, it goes to common opponents.

It is the ONLY reason I have even a granule of hope UM could back into the CFP if some upsets happen.

UM is one of two teams to beat 3 top 10 CFP teams and they didn't just beat those teams. They won convincingly against them.

Do I think UM deserves to be in the CFP? No. They had their shot and blew it against Iowa. Then dominated OSU for 3 quarters and handed them the game. If there are more deserving teams like a 1 loss Washington. The definitely deserve to go ahead of UM. If Clemson beats Va Tech to finish with 1 loss. They definitely deserve to go ahead of UM.

When it comes to Colorado, PSU and Wisconsin. UM proved they were not just the better team, but were much better than they were.

OU got curb stomped by OSU at home. UM lost in double OT at OSU in a game they could have put away repeatedly and kept gifting OSU points with dumb turnovers. So how would OU get in ahead of UM?

And Okie State -- they lost to CENTRAL MICHIGAN. end of story for them, IMO

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want Michigan to play every fucking game at home? LOL. Both PSU and Michigan had 5 home games this season with the conference going to 9 conference games.
It's not about how many home games you get, it's about who you play at home vs. the road. Michigan played @MSU, @Iowa and @OSU this year and also played all 4 of the B10's best teams. Penn State got Iowa, OSU and MSU at home. The only hard away game they played was against us. The others were Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers and Pitt. I'd switch schedules in a heartbeat. There's a strong possibility Michigan goes undefeated entirely with that schedule.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. But, you need to inform some of your fellow Buckeyes of this fact. There are several that don't consider the Penn State game a loss.
DC, good comment. If Ohio State would have taken care of business against Penn State, then they would have won the BIG 10 East this season. It will go down in college football history as Ohio State finishing in second place in the BIG 10 East in 2016. That's a fact that will never change.

pabartl787

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about how many home games you get, it's about who you play at home vs. the road. Michigan played @MSU, @Iowa and @OSU this year and also played all 4 of the B10's best teams. Penn State got Iowa, OSU and MSU at home. The only hard away game they played was against us. The others were Purdue, Indiana, Rutgers and Pitt. I'd switch schedules in a heartbeat. There's a strong possibility Michigan goes undefeated entirely with that schedule.

And you barely beat Wisky, Indiana and Colorado at HOME so your argument sucks.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you barely beat Wisky, Indiana and Colorado at HOME so your argument sucks.
lol what? We beat Colorado by 17 and Indiana by 10.....and Indiana we played in a snow storm.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado was spotted a 14-0 lead before UM had run a 2nd offensive play. After the first 90 seconds of the game, the score was 45-14. Just saying.
:lol:

"Gifted"... why am I not shocked you're making excuses for a game your team won? Call it a blowout if it makes you feel better, I doubt any objective fan will agree.

By the way, Michigan's offense was at the end of their second possession (they punted their first) when Colorado returned the fumble. So I don't know what the fuck you mean by 2nd offensive play.