• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics Jordan Crawford: Real Deal?

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Considering we got him for an injured Barbosa + an ineffective Collins is amazing. He's been great for us so far this year

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a troll thread, right?

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a troll thread, right?

15 points in the 4th today. Triple double last game, it's a real thread. Now take your weak ass trolling attempts somewhere else

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnarly, I read that this is the kid that dunked on LBJ and they hid the video

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnarly, I read that this is the kid that dunked on LBJ and they hid the video

It's true, Nike tried to get them all taken down

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUw8M90ui9A]HD FULL VIDEO LeBron James Dunked On By Xavier's Sophomore Jordan Crawford - YouTube[/ame]

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gnarly, sweet job finding that video. Good to see the pedigree of a few years ago

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may have a budding superstar on your hands and he was the 27th pick on top of it. Goes to show you don't have any guarantees when it comes to top picks.....

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may have a budding superstar on your hands and he was the 27th pick on top of it. Goes to show you don't have any guarantees when it comes to top picks.....

It is also more proof that giving your young players as much winning experience as possible
is more valuable than the lottery picks so many less intelligent Celtics fans want the team
to pursue.

LAKERSUSCBAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is also more proof that giving your young players as much winning experience as possible
is more valuable than the lottery picks so many less intelligent Celtics fans want the team
to pursue.

sometimes it's a particular system better suited for a young player, or what fundamentals they did or didn't learn prior to becoming a pro, or the coach, teammates, etc. God-given talent will only carry you so far(yeah it's a bonus) but it goes to show you that there are many more "diamonds in the rough" that don't crack the top 10 draft lists and can blossom after a few years in the league as this kid is possibly showing your team. 3 years in the league and barely registered on anyone's radar and seems to have found a comfort zone, go figure.

Lottery picks are never a sure thing. If I had time would list how many busts we've seen year-in, year-out. Scottie Pippen and Manu Ginobili are two names who I don't recall were drafted in 1st round ....Back in the day, Lakers had a skinny college kid picked in the 3rd round(60th pick) and turned out be Larry Bird worst nightmare when he played him on defense named Michael Cooper.

toss that lottery pick hogwash out the window....

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well first of all this guy was a first round pick. Atlanta gave up on him in the first year, much like how Pitino gave up on Billups. He had success in Washington but for some reason Washington preferred cap space over developing talent. Danny struck quick.

Drafts: Statistically speaking, rarely and I mean rarely do second rounders last in the league more than a few years max. The key picks are usually the top 10 (lottery picks matter BAM) , but in some drafts the talent can fall to the top 20. Sullinger and Bradley join Crawford in that mix of valuable players.

All cornerstone franchise superstars come from the lottery as well. Drafts matter, and with the CBA rules today, they matter even more

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched him in DC plenty. You are trolling if you think he's the real deal. At best he can maybe be a 6th man on a good team. But he's really just a gunner more fitting of 8th in the rotation and someone how can fill up the stat sheet on a bad team. You're as bad as some Lakers fans thinking they've found some future all star in Wes Johnson or Xavier Henry. Here's the deal with basketball teams. No matter how bad they are, some one has to score the ball. Guys will get stats. But don't confuse good stats on bad teams with the same as being a good player.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you never know sometimes with basketball when you have a team with no big names someone will bound to step up and standout not to say he isnt good or anything but someone will have to take all the shots it seems that Jordan Crawford is the guy on the Celtics

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna post the video of him dunking over LeBron but someone beat me too it.

I remember Nike tried to delete all the video's.

#1BostonFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.40
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like Crawford though. I like the idea of Rondo, Crawford, and AB moving forward in our back court. All 3 can play the 1 and Crawford and AB can both play the 2 when Rondo is on the floor.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched him in DC plenty. You are trolling if you think he's the real deal. At best he can maybe be a 6th man on a good team. But he's really just a gunner more fitting of 8th in the rotation and someone how can fill up the stat sheet on a bad team. You're as bad as some Lakers fans thinking they've found some future all star in Wes Johnson or Xavier Henry. Here's the deal with basketball teams. No matter how bad they are, some one has to score the ball. Guys will get stats. But don't confuse good stats on bad teams with the same as being a good player.

He's only 25 years old so he may only now be figuring out what he did wrong in earlier seasons. As a Celtics fan I hope that's the case.

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always liked Crawford's playmaking game better than his shooting game. If he is comfortable with the amount of tick he gets I think he plays smarter. He doesn't feel like he has to prove he can be an explosive scorer and just goes out and does it. Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crotch, I though Ellsbury would have been a Tiger in the offseason- just a side note

Lots of debate here on local chat rooms about whether he is the third guard or trade away come deadline

He is a cheap contract

Crotchrocker

Dominant Species
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is capable of producing at either guard position. I'd much rather see us get rid of Lee, Bogans or maybe even Brooks. Sidenote: I am just glad we were able to get rid of Prince Fielder, something I never thought I would say. Word.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crawford again had a major night. Ty Lawson was begging for someone else to guard him. This kid is going to get some national attention at this pace