• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics emerge as favorite for Kemba Walker!

If the Celtics are able to land Kemba Walker and another solid player, can they run the table?

• Celtics win the Eastern Conference Finals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No post-season for Boston.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very valid. My answer would be the Celtics have had recent playoff appearences & minor series success. Something Kemba never had in Charlotte. He had 2 playoff appearances & 1 series win his 8 years w/ the Hornets.

Two players that had a huge hand in that success just left though. The Celtics D is going to suffer without Horford.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best player Kemba has ever played with, based on single season VORP......

....is McBob.

That shows how useful VORP is, lol. Batum may be overpaid (as a result of the drastic cap hike that season), but he was a solid 3/D player until just recently.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shows how useful VORP is, lol. Batum may be overpaid (as a result of the drastic cap hike that season), but he was a solid 3/D player until just recently.

no, it shows how bad his teammates have been.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two players that had a huge hand in that success just left though. The Celtics D is going to suffer without Horford.

I agree w/ that. Just hope Ainge can make the right moves w/ roster changes. But even w/ what the Celtics have left it's still more total playoff experience by his possible new teammates than he had in Charlotte.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, it shows how bad his teammates have been.

Nobody currently on the Celtics has equaled Batum's production the last time the Hornets went to the playoffs. Everyone loves Tatum, but at some point there needs to be more growth to continue the faith.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY DO YOU HATE POTATO SALAD?

Because it's been way over pimped on this site. And someone has to take a stand for the total lack of respect macaroni salad gets.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kyrie didn't have any playoff success with Boston LOL. They beat an Indiana team without their best player than got stomped by the Bucks.

Now Horford is a pretty big piece and they will definitely miss him for sure. Just a very solid all-around player but not a stat stuffer.

If they get Kemba they immediately need to address the PF/C position. It wouldn't hurt to try and get into the 3-way trade with Houston for Butler. Maybe they can get Capela out of it. They have future picks. He would be a good fit imo

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How will the Celtics fit this second solid player into the cap after Kemba's $32.7M?
^ This is a very fair point.

After any hypothetical Kemba deal, the C's would be down to very little money to work with...

... and 0... I repeat ZERO... big men on their roster with significant and proven NBA experience.

I'm still all-in on signing Kemba... but this is a big concern, and any loose talk about the Celtics being a contender again in the wake of such a move is premature.

From last year's roster, we'd basically be plus Kemba but minus Kyrie & Horford.

Hayward would have to get back to his previous all-star form, Brown and Tatum would have to take jumps, and we'd need at least one, good big man signing.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After any hypothetical Kemba deal, the C's would be down to very little money to work with...

... and 0... I repeat ZERO... big men on their roster with significant and proven NBA experience.

I'm still all-in on signing Kemba... but this is a big concern, and any loose talk about the Celtics being a contender again in the wake of such a move is premature.

From last year's roster, we'd basically be plus Kemba but minus Kyrie & Horford.

Hayward would have to get back to his previous all-star form, Brown and Tatum would have to take jumps, and we'd need at least one, good big man signing.

Sign Kemba.

Dump that garbage Bear.

re-sign the Berlin Wall.

use the full MLE on a big. Probably nerlens noel.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody currently on the Celtics has equaled Batum's production the last time the Hornets went to the playoffs. Everyone loves Tatum, but at some point there needs to be more growth to continue the faith.

Danny has tied himself to those two overrated young wings and a (hopefully) healthy Hayward.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Get in that 3-way for Butler. Steal Capela out of the deal for future 1sts or something all those lines

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Kemba.

Dump that garbage Bear.

re-sign the Berlin Wall.

use the full MLE on a big. Probably nerlens noel.

They just guaranteed his contract. Why???? He sucks dick for coke

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone loves Tatum, but at some point there needs to be more growth to continue the faith.
Guy's going into his 3rd year. He turned 21 in March.

:scratch:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get in that 3-way for Butler. Steal Capela out of the deal for future 1sts or something all those lines
Could they afford the Capela contract?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This being reported from Yahoo Sports:

Kemba Walker and the Charlotte Hornets have reached a stalemate in contract discussions, and the Boston Celtics have emerged as favorites to sign the All-Star point guard when free agency opens on Sunday, according to multiple reports.

Link posted below:

Reports: Celtics emerge as favorite for Kemba Walker amid his Hornets stalemate
i don't want him. we drafted 2 PG's, and have 2 on the roster in wannamaker and rozier. we need to replace horford somehow as a priority.

walkers money down a hole.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this. THIS is the guy i have wanted since houston said hes on the block. gimme gimme.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this. THIS is the guy i have wanted since houston said hes on the block. gimme gimme.

Yeah definitely a good option just going to be tough. Since they only would have about $5-7M in cap space after they were to sign Kemba they would have to either match that $12M salary or make it fit under the cap. Smart is the only realistic option to do that as far as I know at $12M bc they really have no other contracts over that $3M other than Brown or Tatum.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah definitely a good option just going to be tough. Since they only would have about $5-7M in cap space after they were to sign Kemba they would have to either match that $12M salary or make it fit under the cap. Smart is the only realistic option to do that as far as I know at $12M bc they really have no other contracts over that $3M other than Brown or Tatum.
simple. dont sign kemba. problem solved.