• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics emerge as favorite for Kemba Walker!

If the Celtics are able to land Kemba Walker and another solid player, can they run the table?

• Celtics win the Eastern Conference Finals.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No post-season for Boston.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SideSwipe52

The Franchise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a thread that doesn't have a fucking potato salad option.:yes:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally a thread that doesn't have a fucking potato salad option.:yes:
How DARE you disrespect our fundamental human right to choose potato salad?!?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Kemba ever been past the first round of the playoffs? Is a change of scenery going to change that? How will the Celtics fit this second solid player into the cap after Kemba's $32.7M?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has Kemba ever been past the first round of the playoffs? Is a change of scenery going to change that? How will the Celtics fit this second solid player into the cap after Kemba's $32.7M?
Isn't the correct question has Charlotte ever been past the first round? You're sort of making the case why he wants out. By changing the scenery from the definition of mediocrity to a legit team he should be a good pickup. That last question is more relevant but how is this not a good move?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba is a nice #1 but I think he could even be better as a #2. For Boston he would be a #1. If these other East rosters looks about the same, Boston still isn't better, especially if Gordon doesn't return back to old form. They could test some teams but I see about a 4 or 5 seed right about where they were with Kyrie. I think the locker room factor could help them and volt them closer to being a contender but I don't think much changes. You really never know though, they could sign Cousins on MLE too.

TOO EARLY TO TELL

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't the correct question has Charlotte ever been past the first round? You're sort of making the case why he wants out. By changing the scenery from the definition of mediocrity to a legit team he should be a good pickup. That last question is more relevant but how is this not a good move?

What players left on the Celtics are going to elevate Kemba any more than any past Charlotte lineup? The kids are doing a lot of finger-pointing at the coach (who is still there) and Hayward (who is still there) as the reasons they didn't excel. Even if that is true, what has changed to alleviate that?

I think re-signing Rozier and adding talent elsewhere makes more sense than a max deal for Kemba, regardless of whether we're talking about the Bees or Cs.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What players left on the Celtics are going to elevate Kemba any more than any past Charlotte lineup? The kids are doing a lot of finger-pointing at the coach (who is still there) and Hayward (who is still there) as the reasons they didn't excel. Even if that is true, what has changed to alleviate that?

I think re-signing Rozier and adding talent elsewhere makes more sense than a max deal for Kemba, regardless of whether we're talking about the Bees or Cs.
Fair enough, I guess they think otherwise

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba is a nice #1 but I think he could even be better as a #2. For Boston he would be a #1. If these other East rosters looks about the same, Boston still isn't better, especially if Gordon doesn't return back to old form. They could test some teams but I see about a 4 or 5 seed right about where they were with Kyrie. I think the locker room factor could help them and volt them closer to being a contender but I don't think much changes. You really never know though, they could sign Cousins on MLE too.

TOO EARLY TO TELL

Well the hope is that Jayson Tatum steps up to become that #1. That's what they're going to be banking on hard this year. Celtics are probably going to hover around the 4-6 seed this year with a Kemba acquisition. They'll still be good, but not championship contender level.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You can't compare the Hornets to the Celtics, talent-wise. The Hornets have been horribly mismanaged, flooded with terrible contracts, under-producing talent and overall terrible drafting. Nic Batum flamed out hard. MKG never developed into anything. Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminski are replacement level bigs for the most part. Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are easily the two most talented players Kemba will have played with at least in the last 5 years if not his career.

There is a significant talent difference even with a somewhat depleted Celtics roster.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very valid. My answer would be the Celtics have had recent playoff appearences & minor series success. Something Kemba never had in Charlotte. He had 2 playoff appearances & 1 series win his 8 years w/ the Hornets.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn... shut up you guys... all of you...

YOU'RE JINXING IT!!!

:mad2: :hope: :mad2:

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier was pretty sh!tty last season... and revealed himself as a character concern on top of that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the best player Kemba has ever played with, based on single season VORP......

....is McBob.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the hope is that Jayson Tatum steps up to become that #1. That's what they're going to be banking on hard this year. Celtics are probably going to hover around the 4-6 seed this year with a Kemba acquisition. They'll still be good, but not championship contender level.

Yeah I agree. The future really banks on Tatum and Brown though. Ainge turned down trades for these guys, it's on his ass now. Still, adding Kemba is kinda a best-case scenario for Boston and it would be a hell of a pickup.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't compare the Hornets to the Celtics, talent-wise. The Hornets have been horribly mismanaged, flooded with terrible contracts, under-producing talent and overall terrible drafting. Nic Batum flamed out hard. MKG never developed into anything. Cody Zeller and Frank Kaminski are replacement level bigs for the most part. Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown are easily the two most talented players Kemba will have played with at least in the last 5 years if not his career.

There is a significant talent difference even with a somewhat depleted Celtics roster.

Batum has been solid.

Just not a superstar.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the best player Kemba has ever played with, based on single season VORP......

....is McBob.

He's had pretty much shit around him for sure

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The first two years with Batum, he averaged 15/6/6 on only 12 attempts. Tatum has yet to equal that production. Jaylen's BEST season so far was 14/4/2. Those are only a slight improvement over Marvin Williams. The Hornets also have young prospects in Monk and Bridges. Horford, Rozier, Morris, and Kyrie all likely gone. Hayward's 11/4/3 is MKG-like with a better shooting %. What bigs do the Celtics even have now? Unproven prospects.

The Celtics have the best young prospect among the two teams (probably the 2 best), but I don't know that the overall package is drastically better than the Hornets right now.