• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '21'22 - The Jay's Team

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-11 now... could be better, could be worse... I'm still modestly satisfied after the bad start to the season.

The Celtics seem to be settling in somewhat and showing positive signs on both ends of the court.

On the down side, this Jaylen Brown hamstring thing seems like the worst kind of nagging injury. Just put him in bubble wrap until the new year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hang on to your hat and your shorts.

Your hearing it here first.

Don't be shocked if Stevens deals Tatum. He can't deal Brown and get full value until he gets back on the court and score 26-40 points three games in a row and can run unimpeded.

The biggest fly in the ointment is Marcus Smart but he can't be dealt until after Jan.17 because of NBA contract rules.

This team is dysfunctional when everyone is healthy. Brown and Tatum don't work together, they try to outplay each other. Remember Bird and McHale? Never worrying about 'me', making sure that 'we' all work together. Ain't happenin' in B-Town with these kids. Stevens hinted last week that 'something has to give'. Yep, the Celtics will be giving up a player to make a team.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
13-11 now... could be better, could be worse... I'm still modestly satisfied after the bad start to the season.

The Celtics seem to be settling in somewhat and showing positive signs on both ends of the court.

On the down side, this Jaylen Brown hamstring thing seems like the worst kind of nagging injury. Just put him in bubble wrap until the new year.

Yeah.

I’m not sure what they do.

Do they add and go over the tax?

Or do they make the moves to get under and just focus on next year

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah.

I’m not sure what they do.

Do they add and go over the tax?

Or do they make the moves to get under and just focus on next year
I say limbo under the tax this year.

We're not winning a championship in '21'22, and it won't be too hard to get under the line (we're only just above it).

(Unless someone like a Beal becomes magically available, of course)

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We're not winning a championship in '21'22, and it won't be too hard to get under the line (we're only just above it).

Yeah

Give okc your 22 second to take hernanGomez and maybe freedom at this point

Should get you under the tax

And with that estimated $10m check the Celtics get for ducking the tax they can buy a comparable if not better pick

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe the Celtics will be in a similar spot next year.

If they use the mle they’ll be over the tax line.

And if they use the trade exception they will 100% be over the tax

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Celtics will be in a similar spot next year.

If they use the mle they’ll be over the tax line.

And if they use the trade exception they will 100% be over the tax
So don't go over the line this year and that's one less year of being an offender... big finanical implications as years are strung together, as you know and of course.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So don't go over the line this year and that's one less year of being an offender... big finanical implications as years are strung together, as you know and of course.

Yeah. That’s why I’m surprised they didn’t just make the move already.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Don't be shocked if Stevens deals Tatum. He can't deal Brown and get full value until he gets back on the court and score 26-40 points three games in a row and can run unimpeded.

The biggest fly in the ointment is Marcus Smart but he can't be dealt until after Jan.17 because of NBA contract rules.

This team is dysfunctional when everyone is healthy. Brown and Tatum don't work together, they try to outplay each other. Remember Bird and McHale? Never worrying about 'me', making sure that 'we' all work together. Ain't happenin' in B-Town with these kids. Stevens hinted last week that 'something has to give'. Yep, the Celtics will be giving up a player to make a team.
The Cavs will take him.

1638717472735.gif

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

**Don't be shocked if Stevens deals Tatum**. **He can't deal Brown and get full value** until he gets back on the court and score 26-40 points three games in a row and can run unimpeded.

The biggest fly in the ointment is **Marcus Smart but he can't be dealt until after Jan.17** because of NBA contract rules.

Can you post a link saying what you've claimed?

So you got Stevens trading Tatum, Brown & Smart?

Getting rid of the teams three best players doesn't make alotta sense.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think hes saying that Tatum should be traded because they dont fit well together and the other 2 cant be traded right now.

Idea being to move Tatum for another really good player who fits better.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes saying that Tatum should be traded because they dont fit well together and the other 2 cant be traded right now.

A trade for Giannis would be nice. But that ain't happening.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No. I didn't say that at all.

I'm saying that Stevens is talking to a team(s) and that no one should be surprised if Tatum is traded or at least being discussed..

If you could read, you'd understand that I said, Brown is not tradeable with a messed up hammie and the Celtics cannot trade Marcus until 1/17/2022 so whomever he's talking with must have offered something that whetted his whistle. If Brown is being discussd, he would have to come back totally healed and able to play. He just missed time with that same hamstring that he rehurt.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm saying that Stevens is talking to a team(s) and that no one should be surprised if Tatum is traded or at least being discussed..

If you could read, you'd understand that I said, Brown is not tradeable with a messed up hammie and the Celtics cannot trade Marcus until 1/17/2022 so whomever he's talking with must have offered something that whetted his whistle. If Brown is being discussd, he would have to come back totally healed and able to play. He just missed time with that same hamstring that he rehurt.

I don’t think Brown’s hamstring impacts his trade value in any way whatsoever.

Any major deal isn’t likely until closer to the trade deadline anyway. He is probably fully healed by then unless he gets re-injured later.

Even then. No team is going to balk at trading for a guy they want for the next couple years over a relatively short term injury.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd trade Tatum for a Klondike Bar.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So I misread what you said. But you're still an idiot. You're the same fella that said back in 2019 the Browns should have been fined because the Pats got caught illegally videotaping the Bengals in Cleveland.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

coughRussellWestbrookcough

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting trade idea from Cowherd....Balzers play the Sixers and Celtics against each other and eventually end up with Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and picks for Dame.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting trade idea from Cowherd....Balzers play the Sixers and Celtics against each other and eventually end up with Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and picks for Dame.
I assume in this scenario CJ is traded too…I mean if Lillard goes I think CJ goes too and rebuild starts