• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Celtics '20'21 - The Young and the Restless

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could this team be anymore of a disappointment?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some pan out... some don't. Thems the breaks sometimes.

What's weird about Edwards is he looked really good in his first Summer League... then for a couple of preseason games too... then...

... dude just fell off the earth.

He's just too small. It's for sub sub-6' players to succeed in the NBA and when they do it is because they are BLAZING fast.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to say, I remember that draft really well. That was the draft that the Sixers traded up to get Matisse Thybulle and basically gave you the pick for Edwards.

There is a popular Sixers podcast called the Rights to Ricky Sanchez and the hosts were BLASTING the Sixers for that move. And they weren't "wrong" per se. Elton Brand telegraphed their intentions. And one of the guys LOVED Edwards. But sometimes you just make the move to get the best player you can get and not worry about amassing picks.

Everyone loved Edwards shooting ability but I think they forgot that it is really hard to be a small shooter in the NBA.

Some pan out... some don't. Thems the breaks sometimes.

What's weird about Edwards is he looked really good in his first Summer League... then for a couple of preseason games too... then...

... dude just fell off the earth.

He's just too small. It's for sub sub-6' players to succeed in the NBA and when they do it is because they are BLAZING fast.

i recall a tweet from one of the stat sites about what the algorithm would assume the size of the player was based on their college stats.

Edwards appeared to be 6-6.5. Meaning the system thought he had stats like a wing.

danny loves long limbed guards.

but yeah that draft did not work for Boston at all

Romeo
Grant
Edwards

oof

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good (or bad news if you want Wagner like I do lol) is that Indiana and Chicago have not taken advantage of the Celtics struggles

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts move ball better with Tatum on bench

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk if you watched the final four, but Houston’s lead guard Grimes is very much a Danny type pick.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celts move ball better with Tatum on bench

not surprising.

he can take over games, but true stars know when and how to do so efficiently

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see Danny taking one of the Baylor guards in round 1. Both very Danny like players.

this team is totally out of synch.
Really just need to focus on rehabbing kembas trade value (he looks fine according to the metrics) so Danny can shake this thing up properly.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish they sold theis to more than get under the tax.

this team ain’t winning shit.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... this team ain’t winning shit.
It has been a tough season, no doubt... but all hope isn't dead... the Celtics got more reasons and excuses for their current record than just about any team in the NBA...

There's still hope the C's can one day get (and stay) healthy... and then out-athlete their match-ups in the postseason.

It's nice to (finally) have Romeo Langford back in action... he can be a useful piece of our rotation... possibly even a starter:

PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Marcus Smart / Romeo Langford
SF: Jaylen Brown
PF: Jayson Tatum
C: Tristen Thompson / Robert Williams III

Then a bench led by Evan Fournier isn't terrible.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been a tough season, no doubt... but all hope isn't dead... the Celtics got more reasons and excuses for their current record than just about any team in the NBA...

There's still hope the C's can one day get (and stay) healthy... and then out-athlete their match-ups in the postseason.

It's nice to (finally) have Romeo Langford back in action... he can be a useful piece of our rotation... possibly even a starter:

PG: Kemba Walker
SG: Marcus Smart / Romeo Langford
SF: Jaylen Brown
PF: Jayson Tatum
C: Tristen Thompson / Robert Williams III

Then a bench led by Evan Fournier isn't terrible.
If they don’t move the ball I don’t care how much talent they have GMan

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nIf they don’t move the ball I don’t care how much talent they have GMan
Of course, I don't disagree with you.

In fairness, though... ball movement is tougher when we've constantly been forced to field wonky line-ups... and furthermore when there is no consistency in those line-ups from game to game.

*If* the C's can get and stay healthy... their "playoff line-up" looks damn good.
  • Jayson Tatum
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Kemba Walker
  • Marcus Smart
  • Tristen Thompson
  • Evan Fournier
  • Robert Williams III
  • Romeo Langford
  • Payton Pritchard
  • Maybe Semi Ojeleye and/or Grant Williams getting some spot 3+D minutes
^ That line-up is waaaay tighter than what we've had to endure due to the crazy amount of missed time we've had this year.

There is also potential for very stingy defense in this roster, which would in turn help the offense. This version of the Celtics has always been at its best when our D was our calling card.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat interesting. 2 year deal, apparently.

Moe Wagner, we hardly knew ye.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an upgrade from Moe Wagner... I guess.

they don’t play the same position. Wagner is a 5. Parker is a 4 who can’t guard a soul.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they don’t play the same position. Wagner is a 5. Parker is a 4 who can’t guard a soul.
I don't necessarily disagree with you or anything... either way, we're switching out like the 12th guy on our depth chart (when fully healthy)... so whatevers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somewhat interesting. 2 year deal, apparently.

Moe Wagner, we hardly knew ye.
Really nice signing to bring off the bench. Had a nice game yesterday.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really nice signing to bring off the bench. Had a nice game yesterday.
I was glad to see Parker play well, too. The C's were even playing him in some important minutes in the 4th quarter.

Injuries have really clobbered Jabari... so, we'll see how things continue to go... but the C's could use talented depth and Jabari's got some talent... this might be a great fit for everybody.

As someone who follows the C's pretty closely... one of our biggest problems this season has been the fact that we have had too many guys on the depth chart who are super-limited offensively. Bringing in guys like Fournier and now Parker... (two professionals that can put the ball in the basket)... these are nice moves by Ainge to sure up that weakness.

If we can get healthy and organized going into the playoffs, no one in the East is gonna want to face Boston in a best of 7.

(The East overall looks like it is setting up for a great, highly competitive playoff season)

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was glad to see Parker play well, too. The C's were even playing him in some important minutes in the 4th quarter.

Injuries have really clobbered Jabari... so, we'll see how things continue to go... but the C's could use talented depth and Jabari's got some talent... this might be a great fit for everybody.

As someone who follows the C's pretty closely... one of our biggest problems this season has been the fact that we have had too many guys on the depth chart who are super-limited offensively. Bringing in guys like Fournier and now Parker... (two professionals that can put the ball in the basket)... these are nice moves by Ainge to sure up that weakness.

If we can get healthy and organized going into the playoffs, no one in the East is gonna want to face Boston in a best of 7.

(The East overall looks like it is setting up for a great, highly competitive playoff season)
The East is wide open. I can see a team like the Celtics or the Heat using the last 15-20 games to get hot and round into form and make a playoff run. It’s all about matchups. The Cs need to avoid a team with a beast at the 5. As far as I know, that really is only the Sixers. Nets, Bucks, Hawks, Hornets, Knicks, Miami all present 5s that RW3 can compete against.