• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CBS mock draft with lots of trades

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NBA Mock Draft: Trail Blazers trade to get big man Lauri Markkanen at No. 6

Mock drafts are mostly a waste of time but I do think some of the trades Forgrave hypothesizes are pretty interesting. Figured we could create our own draft machine here. For each trade we could create a grade based on two factors. One is how much the trade makes sense(1-10 scale). The other is how likely is such a trade to happen(1-10). Multiply the two values and come up with a grade. Feel free to offer trade ideas you like as well and we can grade those.

Trade 1 - Boston sends No. 1 overall pick in 2017, both of their second-rounders this year as well as a 2019 first-round pick (which had been acquired from the Clippers) to Indiana for Paul George and Al Jefferson.

Seems pretty audacious. And it definitely would require the Celtics to not be able to land Hayward.

Trade 2 -
Mock trade: Philadelphia sends No. 3 pick and Jahlil Okafor to Sacramento for No. 5 pick and Ben McLemore.

The Kings would either need to think they could redeem Okafor or really want Fox/Jackson/Tatum.

Trade 3 - Mock trade: Orlando sends No. 6 pick to Portland for all of Portland's first-round picks: the 15th, 20th and 26th picks of the draft.

Seems like a straight up question of value.

Trade 4- Sacramento sends 10th pick to Detroit for 12th pick and Michael Gbinije.

Trade 5 - Mock trade: Milwaukee sends the 17th pick and a second-round pick in 2018 to Oklahoma City for the 21st pick and Jerami Grant.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mock drafts are mostly a waste of time but I do think some of the trades Forgrave hypothesizes are pretty interesting. Figured we could create our own draft machine here. For each trade we could create a grade based on two factors. One is how much the trade makes sense(1-10 scale). The other is how likely is such a trade to happen(1-10). Multiply the two values and come up with a grade. Feel free to offer trade ideas you like as well and we can grade those.

Trade 1 - Boston sends No. 1 overall pick in 2017, both of their second-rounders this year as well as a 2019 first-round pick (which had been acquired from the Clippers) to Indiana for Paul George and Al Jefferson.

Seems pretty audacious. And it definitely would require the Celtics to not be able to land Hayward.

Trade 2 -
Mock trade: Philadelphia sends No. 3 pick and Jahlil Okafor to Sacramento for No. 5 pick and Ben McLemore.

The Kings would either need to think they could redeem Okafor or really want Fox/Jackson/Tatum.

Trade 3 - Mock trade: Orlando sends No. 6 pick to Portland for all of Portland's first-round picks: the 15th, 20th and 26th picks of the draft.

Seems like a straight up question of value.

Trade 4- Sacramento sends 10th pick to Detroit for 12th pick and Michael Gbinije.

Trade 5 - Mock trade: Milwaukee sends the 17th pick and a second-round pick in 2018 to Oklahoma City for the 21st pick and Jerami Grant.

I can't see Philly trading down. They need to land one of the top guards, and Fox has been trending up. They can't afford to leave this draft without one of Fox, Fultz or Ball. The trade up scenerio seems much more realistic, but not sure what they would give up that the Celtics would actually want.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do not want to see this happen. I don't think George & Jefferson are worth all those picks.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Philly trading down. They need to land one of the top guards, and Fox has been trending up. They can't afford to leave this draft without one of Fox, Fultz or Ball. The trade up scenerio seems much more realistic, but not sure what they would give up that the Celtics would actually want.

I am more of the opinion that the Sixers will make a move of some sort.

I could see them trying to trade up. I'm not sure that the Celtics would have much interest in what Philly could offer though. The Celtics already have a bundle of draft picks for the future. The Sixers offering one of their future #1 may not appeal to them that much. But I could see the Sixers offering something like Okafor and next year's Lakers/Sixers No. 1 to move up 2 spots. Getting another likely lottery pick next year to move down 2 spots would be a pretty nice option especially given how strong next year's class is supposed to be.

If they don't move up I could definitely see them move down especially if they think Monk or Jackson are better fits than Fox. That is predicated on the assumption the Sixers really will make Simmons the point of the offense. If not and they feel they need a true PG then I can't see them trading down because they have to get a PG then.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not want to see this happen. I don't think George & Jefferson are worth all those picks.

You think that is a lot of picks? A couple of 2nd rounders they probably can't use for anymore more than stashing this year plus a likely late round pick next year? That makes more sense to me than just grabbing George as they could be legitimate threats to beat the Cavs then.

Then again, they may just assume they can't beat the Warriors anyway and might as well bring in their PG of the future now and let him mature a couple of year until the Cavs and Warriors aren't quite as dominant.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent mock, I think that's what happens with Boston's pick. They get either George, Butler or Hayward.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think that is a lot of picks? A couple of 2nd rounders they probably can't use for anymore more than stashing this year plus a likely late round pick next year? That makes more sense to me than just grabbing George as they could be legitimate threats to beat the Cavs then.

Then again, they may just assume they can't beat the Warriors anyway and might as well bring in their PG of the future now and let him mature a couple of year until the Cavs and Warriors aren't quite as dominant.

I didn't say it was alotta picks. I said I don't think those 2 are worth the picks. George isn't the answer for the Celtics getting outta the EC. And Jefferson will be 33 next year & only averaged 8.1 ppg. His lowest total since his 2nd year in the league.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jackson isn't a better fit. They need guards. The 1 and 2 spots are a gaping black hole. I guess a trade down would make sense if they like Monk better than Fox and think that Simmons really is a primary ball handler.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson isn't a better fit. They need guards. The 1 and 2 spots are a gaping black hole. I guess a trade down would make sense if they like Monk better than Fox and think that Simmons really is a primary ball handler.
They should take Fox or Smith.

...unless they really plan on maxing Lowry.

Then Monk comes into play.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I tend to agree. I would be very surprised to see the Sixers take Jackson or Tatum but it is certainly possible.

Fulz and Ball are probably the best options for the Sixers but they will likely be gone. Fox may become really good but his shot needs a lot of work. He likely wouldn't improve the Sixers squad much for a few seasons. At least that is what the analysts are saying.

It's possible the Sixers absolutely love Fox they are taking one of Fulz/Ball/Fox at no. 3 no matter what. So who the heck knows?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should take Fox or Smith.

...unless they really plan on maxing Lowry.

Then Monk comes into play.

If they sign Lowry then things get really interesting for the Sixers.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree. I would be very surprised to see the Sixers take Jackson or Tatum but it is certainly possible.

Fulz and Ball are probably the best options for the Sixers but they will likely be gone. Fox may become really good but his shot needs a lot of work. He likely wouldn't improve the Sixers squad much for a few seasons. At least that is what the analysts are saying.

It's possible the Sixers absolutely love Fox they are taking one of Fulz/Ball/Fox at no. 3 no matter what. So who the heck knows?

It is kind of unfortunate they got 3, because Jackson might end up being the best player in the draft. Still though, I just don't see Simmons and Jackson fitting well together. I could be wrong.

Maybe the Lakers throw a curveball and take Jackson at 2. I could see Ball falling a few spots if that were to happen.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I could see that -- if they get a pick that they are happy with -- plus another asset. Leave Okafor out of the proposed trade and it could make sense. (except Salary) For example, let's say the 76ers really like Tatum & Monk. At least one of them would be available at #5 ... trade down and get an asset. (if they like McLemore)

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is kind of unfortunate they got 3, because Jackson might end up being the best player in the draft. Still though, I just don't see Simmons and Jackson fitting well together. I could be wrong.

Maybe the Lakers throw a curveball and take Jackson at 2. I could see Ball falling a few spots if that were to happen.

There really is almost nothing that would really shock me in this draft. It is such a deep draft and there are so many talented players, and no player that comes without question marks. And given that the team with the No. 1 pick is a shade short of title contender they could go almost in any direction.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George would absolutely have to do an extension. But he's already said that he wants to go 'home' to LA.

Butler isn't worth the #1 and the Bulls don't have anything else to offer.

The Celtics would swap the #1 with Philly for Saric and the #3. They aren't interested I Okafor.

The Celtics really want Anthony Davis from the Pelicans. They'll do multiple players and picks.

The last and most interesting is that the Celtics will take Carmelo off the Knicks payroll but they want Porzingis.

According to CSNNE the C's have been talking to New Orleans, New York and Indianapolis but with the draft still a couple of weeks away, no one is in any kind of a rush to do anything.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
George would absolutely have to do an extension. But he's already said that he wants to go 'home' to LA.

Butler isn't worth the #1 and the Bulls don't have anything else to offer.

The Celtics would swap the #1 with Philly for Saric and the #3. They aren't interested I Okafor.

The Celtics really want Anthony Davis from the Pelicans. They'll do multiple players and picks.

The last and most interesting is that the Celtics will take Carmelo off the Knicks payroll but they want Porzingis.

According to CSNNE the C's have been talking to New Orleans, New York and Indianapolis but with the draft still a couple of weeks away, no one is in any kind of a rush to do anything.

I can't imagine a scenario in which the Pelicans would trade Davis unless they got a certifiable stud as a replacement. Same with the Knicks and Ziggy. You can't trade those kinds of players for picks.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Blazers trade is terrible. Markannen can shoot and that literally all he can do. You don't trade up for Ryan Anderson/Channing Frye.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine a scenario in which the Pelicans would trade Davis unless they got a certifiable stud as a replacement. Same with the Knicks and Ziggy. You can't trade those kinds of players for picks.

Can't disagree. Just that the media especially CSN is running "potential" trades everyday. Ainge has historically been very conservative unless he feels the trade has a maximum benefit for the Celtics. That has killed more than a few trades.

The Knicks thing is very muc alive because they really want to dump Carmelo's salary as well as his attitude. They've been trying to get anyone to take it but they want something in return and no one is going to give them much. Rumors here are that the Celtics want Porzingis badly. The Knicks want a king's ransom. Getting rid of Carmelo eases the pain, but doesn't help the additional pain of losing Porzingis.

The supposed rumor has Anthony and Porzingis coming to Boston, the Knicks getting the #1, Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley. MY question is this...."What do the Knicks do with the pick?" Trade with Philly for Okafor and change and Philly's #3? Can't always think on one side of the trade...

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't disagree. Just that the media especially CSN is running "potential" trades everyday. Ainge has historically been very conservative unless he feels the trade has a maximum benefit for the Celtics. That has killed more than a few trades.

The Knicks thing is very muc alive because they really want to dump Carmelo's salary as well as his attitude. They've been trying to get anyone to take it but they want something in return and no one is going to give them much. Rumors here are that the Celtics want Porzingis badly. The Knicks want a king's ransom. Getting rid of Carmelo eases the pain, but doesn't help the additional pain of losing Porzingis.

The supposed rumor has Anthony and Porzingis coming to Boston, the Knicks getting the #1, Marcus Smart, Jae Crowder and Avery Bradley. MY question is this...."What do the Knicks do with the pick?" Trade with Philly for Okafor and change and Philly's #3? Can't always think on one side of the trade...

The only way I can see the Knicks trading Ziggy is if they were to get the No. 1 this year, plus the Nets No 1 next year and the Clippers #1 the Celtics have in 2019 AND the Celtics take on Anthony.

Even that is probably not enough. The fans would lose their minds if the Knicks trade their future.