• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Casey Fired

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie and Hayward plus this cast of role players and great coaching will result in success for Boston

Success, yes.

Championships?

Doubtful with this group. They need a superstar.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a crappy coach. But its not his fault. Lowry/DeShitzen should be blackballed from the NBA entirely. So many GUTLESS playoff performances, You're #1 seed and can't manage a game in the 2nd round? One lousy game at least? Fuck you. You should be selling hotdogs in Jersey. Couple of gutless vagines

Did Lowry or DeRozen make CJ Miles guard Kevin Love for 4 straight times down the floor ? As I was watching that I thought it was one of the stupidest coaching moves I could imagine. It wouldn't surprised me if it came out sometime that that particular move got him fired. Lebron/Lue smelled blood and went back to it over & over.

FYI -- I love Casey. He is a great person. But he showed he is not a good game coach. (tactician)

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Success, yes.

Championships?

How about Anthony Davis & Klay Thompson? A starting 5 of Irving, Klay, Tatum, Morris & Davis might be kinda good. And for anyone that might take me seriously, don't respond. Thank you.

Center Ice

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,004.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was needed. He's a fine coach but the changes always start at the top. I'm sure he'll be coaching again shortly.
It'll be a fucking riot if the Raptors miss the playoffs next year. They should have replaced the president. If you have a team with that good of a record and a coach of the year at the helm, all you need is a few tweaks.

Reactions: GNG

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But he won the NBA coach of the year award.

And Brad Stevens didn't get a single vote. Quinn Snyder also did more with less. If that's your line of thinking, I don't know what to tell you.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Brad Stevens didn't get a single vote. Quinn Snyder also did more with less. If that's your line of thinking, I don't know what to tell you.
Evidently Stevens and Snyder didn't impress the other NBA coaches that voted for Casey.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Success, yes.

Championships?

They are very well balanced and don't need a marquee player in my opinion.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are very well balanced and don't need a marquee player in my opinion.

Well balanced doesn't get rings in the superteam era. The '04 Pistons were the only team to win without a legit superstar in the last 35 years. Talent was a lot more spread out in '04 than it is now.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently Stevens and Snyder didn't impress the other NBA coaches that voted for Casey.

And if you think those coaches weren't biased in the least, then I don't know what to tell you. Snyder and Stevens surpassed expectations, Casey really didn't. And again, you can't seem to grasp that getting swept out of the playoffs for a 2nd consecutive year by the same team isn't grounds for getting fired; especially when you have 2 all-star players and a deep roster.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you think those coaches weren't biased in the least, then I don't know what to tell you. Snyder and Stevens surpassed expectations, Casey really didn't. And again, you can't seem to grasp that getting swept out of the playoffs for a 2nd consecutive year by the same team isn't grounds for getting fired; especially when you have 2 all-star players and a deep roster.
The Cavaliers were the better team in my opinion.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well balanced doesn't get rings in the superteam era. The '04 Pistons were the only team to win without a legit superstar in the last 35 years. Talent was a lot more spread out in '04 than it is now.
A very interesting analysis.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Lowry or DeRozen make CJ Miles guard Kevin Love for 4 straight times down the floor ? As I was watching that I thought it was one of the stupidest coaching moves I could imagine. It wouldn't surprised me if it came out sometime that that particular move got him fired. Lebron/Lue smelled blood and went back to it over & over.

FYI -- I love Casey. He is a great person. But he showed he is not a good game coach. (tactician)
Maybe you should apply for the job since you seem to have all the answers.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No one is trying to refute that. But when you get swept two years in a row in embarrassing fashion, it forces your hand. Think of it this way, the Cavs were a better team than the Pacers. Yet, the Pacers still found a way to take the Cavs to 7 games. I've been critical of Nate McMillan plenty of times, but in that series, he actually coached his team pretty well and had a sound game plan. They also don't have the talent that Toronto has. Toronto should've at least won a game or two, and they couldn't even do that.

It was clear that Casey wasn't going to take them anywhere further than they are now. So why stay idle as a franchise?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They probably were, however that doesn't mean the Raptors should continually have done the same things that weren't working.

When TNT would break down the film, you could see how flawed the Raptors approach was.
James knew what was coming before it happened.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should apply for the job since you seem to have all the answers.

By me pointing out 1 stupid thing that Casey did doesn't mean " I have all the answers." The Woj pod talked about this particular bad decision quite a bit.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, we're likely never going to see another '04 Pistons team for quite sometime. And in any event, they also had Larry Brown as a coach who was extremely underrated. Outside of Brad Stevens, he's the only coach I've seen that has had success at BOTH the collegiate and professional level.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By me pointing out 1 stupid thing that Casey did doesn't mean " I have all the answers." The Woj pod talked about this particular bad decision quite a bit.

A lot of us made arguments with @Hambombs about the Warriors firing a coach that consistently had a winning record and was getting his team to the 2nd round of the playoffs. Suffice it to say, I'm still picking crow out of my teeth. The Raptors may take a step back, but at this juncture it's better than being a team that shows high promise in the regular season just to become a consistent disappointment in the playoffs.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is trying to refute that. But when you get swept two years in a row in embarrassing fashion, it forces your hand. Think of it this way, the Cavs were a better team than the Pacers. Yet, the Pacers still found a way to take the Cavs to 7 games. I've been critical of Nate McMillan plenty of times, but in that series, he actually coached his team pretty well and had a sound game plan. They also don't have the talent that Toronto has. Toronto should've at least won a game or two, and they couldn't even do that.

It was clear that Casey wasn't going to take them anywhere further than they are now. So why stay idle as a franchise?
Whatever dude.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*When you know you have no argument to make*

Thanks for playing.
I made my argument but you chose to give your spin. Aren't opinions great?