• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Casey Fired

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a related story, the Knicks are probably experiencing buyers remorse right now

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No.

This is what happens in the real world when you keep getting swept.
Seriously. Swept two consecutive seasons. I want to know why their film guy wasn't able to prep them for that series. All they had to do was break down film from the Pacers/Cavs series - especially since either of them were a possible opponent for the Raps in the following round. My goodness - talk about a leadership team that was a complete let down.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It might be that he's a Del Harris/Mark Jackson/Doug Collins type of coach. Good enough to turn a team around and get them winning, but not good enough to get them to take the next step and win titles.
In which case, at least with this roster, the Raptors waited too long to fire him. Assuming LBJ leaves the East the Raptors as currently constituted, even with improvements from their younger guys, are at best the 3rd best team in the east next season. If the Pacers and Bucks load up a bit more on talent they could be as low as 5.

This really was the moment for this roster and they blew it and Masai has a seriously tough job ahead deciding what to do with this roster and avoid turning it into what the Nuggets were by the time he left there post-Melo.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gotta get rid of Lowry and his contract. $31 mil next year and we have seen the best he offers, he is 32. Keep Derozan and trade Lowry for draft picks/young players. If you get shafted who cares you rid the $30+ mil and you still have a very young team and cap space to sign some free agent maybe one big FA. Maybe try and flip Ibaka for young players/draft picks as well.

Or just clean house and shed Derozen and Lowry but I doubt that happens

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I couldn't believe they maxed him last summer - ridiculous.

That and Ibaka's contract, they didn't set themselves up for long term success.

Reactions: LAD

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They gotta get rid of Lowry and his contract. $31 mil next year and we have seen the best he offers, he is 32. Keep Derozan and trade Lowry for draft picks/young players. If you get shafted who cares you rid the $30+ mil and you still have a very young team and cap space to sign some free agent maybe one big FA. Maybe try and flip Ibaka for young players/draft picks as well.

Or just clean house and shed Derozen and Lowry but I doubt that happens

Problem is, you're going to have to attach assets to Lowry. Lowry's an "all-star", but team's aren't going to want him at $30+ mil.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, it's always the coach who takes the blame. How about fire the GM? It's not Casey fault that their 2 best players choke when they play Lebron.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Congratulations coach, here's your coach of the year trophy, and now let me give you this, this is your pink slip."

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally disagree with this.

Getting swept in the 2nd round is unacceptable especially when you had your full roster.

I honestly think if they lose in 6, he is still employed by Toronto.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again, it's always the coach who takes the blame. How about fire the GM? It's not Casey fault that their 2 best players choke when they play Lebron.
Well when you go up against LeBron, his offense has been the same since he went to Miami. It all looks the same. So I do put a little blame on the coaches for having 6 or so years of having 82 games, plus playoff games of film on LeBron and his offenses and still have not found a way to stop it. Or at the very least figure a way to slow it down to avoid a sweep.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well when you go up against LeBron, his offense has been the same since he went to Miami. It all looks the same. So I do put a little blame on the coaches for having 6 or so years of having 82 games, plus playoff games of film on LeBron and his offenses and still have not found a way to stop it. Or at the very least figure a way to slow it down to avoid a sweep.
It's almost like LeBron is so dominant that you can't really stop him. They had tape on Jordan too.