• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Casey Fired

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They, as in the players, were unprepared because of Casey & his team of coaches. Have to expect more from the HC. He has to at least give his team the tools to win - if that is done & they still lose then you can look at the players & start to look for better fits w/ different players.

It's easy to say they were unprepared. That's always the excuse for these players.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easy to say they were unprepared. That's always the excuse for these players.
Yea it is, but we actually saw that they were unprepared because there were ZERO adjustments made after games 1 & 2. They never even bothered to adjust their defensive scheme even though it hadn't work for them. That's on the coaching staff.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most agree that the Cavs were the better team. But here is the problem...
Everything that the Raptors did this past off-season was geared towards getting HCA and beating the Cavs.

I disagree a little. They didn't get someone on their roster who could guard Lebron. And they lost Tucker (and even Carroll) who could have done better on LJ than anyone left.

I remember teams over-reacting to get guys just to help with matchups. Hard to believe -- but both the Cavs & Celtics panicked and picked up Shaq just because they thought they couldn't matchup with Dwight.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandwiched between Indy and what they did to the Cav's and now Boston and what they're doing to the Cav's...

... does anyone still think it was either wrong or unfair that Casey got the axe?

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is why brad stevens is coach of the year

coaches run a fucked up circle when it comes to voting for their peers

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DdXVGu-XkAAw_lK

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sandwiched between Indy and what they did to the Cav's and now Boston and what they're doing to the Cav's...

... does anyone still think it was either wrong or unfair that Casey got the axe?

Wrong or unfair? Not necessarily. They spent much of their off-season and regular season gearing up to beat Lebron and the Cavs. Even secured the #1 seed and home court.

Then, they got swept.

Even at that, he may have been able to keep his job because you can make a case that 2 of the losses basically came down to bad luck. But they just laid down in game 4. Can't have that in an elimination game.

Having said that, I've always said that you don't fire your coach unless you can replace him with someone better. So far, they aren't having much luck getting someone better.

If they don't find someone better, then it will have been a mistake.