• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Case Keenum to be dealt tonight?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The evidence is clear, though, that first round picks succeed more so than late round picks. There's always going to be hidden gems, but more likely than not, your sure fire starters, pro bowlers, HOF'ers are in round 1.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and what was Tom Brady's grade?

or Matt Hasselbeck?

or Marc Bulger?

or Kurt Warner?

or Tony Romo?

compared to JaMarcus Russell? Tim Couch? Ryan Leaf? Chad Pennington? etc

remember when Aaron Curry was the sure-fire, can't miss prospect in his draft? remember how he turned out?

the point is, these grades don't mean squat. no one knows anything about any player until that player hits the field and proves people right or wrong. and sometimes, a player needs the right system to flourish in as well. Alex Smith is an example of this- terrible in SF, pretty solid QB in KC. I don't think Brady would've become who he did without the Pats system either.

we can argue all day long about prospects grades, where they were drafted, what was given up to draft said player. but hindsight is always 20/20. sometimes they get it right, and alot of times they don't.

let's all just hope this is one of those times they got it right.
There are exceptions to every rule and busts that are graded high by the majority as well but theses grades are merely guidelines of promise and potential so of course there will be errors and late bloomers and even injuries that will determine the actual careers.

But I think we are missing the point when asking why not Sean at this point. Sean will either be a late bloomer or a bust but he wont be getting a chance to start this year for the Rams as long as Goff is around and the wheels don't fall off.

Bottom line, to answer Smed's original question on whether Sean should be ready or not, the answer is yes! Sean should have been ready. That the Rams brass felt the need to invest a lot of draft capital to go out and get a higher rated QB paints the real picture of Sean's future as the Rams starter and that he was most likely drafted too high.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are exceptions to every rule and busts that are graded high by the majority as well but theses grades are merely guidelines of promise and potential so of course there will be errors and late bloomers and even injuries that will determine the actual careers.

But I think we are missing the point when asking why not Sean at this point. Sean will either be a late bloomer or a bust but he wont be getting a chance to start this year for the Rams as long as Goff is around and the wheels don't fall off.

Bottom line, to answer Smed's original question on whether Sean should be ready or not, the answer is yes! Sean should have been ready. That the Rams brass felt the need to invest a lot of draft capital to go out and get a higher rated QB paints the real picture of Sean's future as the Rams starter and that he was most likely drafted too high.

I THINK i see what he's/they are saying here...You don't know what you have until you've actually played them...

Not all starting QB's are first round picks, but all first round QB's get the shot to start. You cannot say that for later round QB's, but sometimes maybe they should get a chance...How do we know that Mannion wouldn't be as successful as Goff?

The only way to prove it would be to play, and only one guy can...Why draft a guy in round three and basically throw him aside after training him for a year? At times I feel like we are fans of a REALLY strange organization...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like nothing happens during practice and in the preseason workouts. The players take the field...including Sean. If he could win in the NFL it would have been apparent and he would be starting. I don't get the talk about the Rams 3rd stringer as if he hasn't had his shot. He's the third stringer. The one thing that all great NFL quarterbacks have is a golden arm. ACCURACY is what separates the good from the bad. Seeing the field and hitting his targets IN STRIDE not like Sam where the receiver had to make a diving acrobatic catch just to real in the ball. They say Goff has that vision of the field. I can't wait to see if "they" are right.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not like nothing happens during practice and in the preseason workouts. The players take the field...including Sean. If he could win in the NFL it would have been apparent and he would be starting. I don't get the talk about the Rams 3rd stringer as if he hasn't had his shot. He's the third stringer. The one thing that all great NFL quarterbacks have is a golden arm. ACCURACY is what separates the good from the bad. Seeing the field and hitting his targets IN STRIDE not like Sam where the receiver had to make a diving acrobatic catch just to real in the ball. They say Goff has that vision of the field. I can't wait to see if "they" are right.

Most of the time rookie QB's aren't going to come in and light it up. To expect Sean to come in and show otherwise is expecting way too much. Even the sure fire guys like Peyton and Andrew had rough rookie seasons.

That being said, if Goff ends up being the real deal, and the Rams had not tried to get him to see what they had in Sean instead, we would all be PO'ed.

If Sean somehow gets to show he can play ( and Jared does work out ), the Rams either have a cheap, solid backup or they can trade him and get some draft capital back.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of course, but we also just drafted a QB who hasn't taken a snap from directly under center since he was 14 years old. I'm 100% sure the same can't said about Mannion...
Let's also keep in mind that we re-signed Foles last year during this time of year because he was looking "fantastic" while playing in shorts and a t-shirt. Everything changed once 300lb linemen were bearing down to crush him...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, but we also just drafted a QB who hasn't taken a snap from directly under center since he was 14 years old. I'm 100% sure the same can't said about Mannion...

Would you have the same complaint if the Rams had traded up a draft prior to get Mariota?

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you have the same complaint if the Rams had traded up a draft prior to get Mariota?

for me - Not as much. MM has got some serious talent. And that Titans team is building a serious squad. 2016 draft was a weak draft IMO so giving up those picks isn't going to be bad IF Goff turns out to be a solid starter and 1 of the WRs and 1 of the TE's ends up being a solid starter. 2017 draft we have no idea on yet.

Big IFs.. As some have said Goff is sort of a project having no experience behind center and was in a pass happy offense. The difference between Goff and Mariota is 4.4 speed and experience in big games.

Going forward though, the Rams could actually look like geniuses IF Goff and 2 of those weapons on offense work out. But they have some work to do no doubt.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for me - Not as much. MM has got some serious talent. And that Titans team is building a serious squad. 2016 draft was a weak draft IMO so giving up those picks isn't going to be bad IF Goff turns out to be a solid starter and 1 of the WRs and 1 of the TE's ends up being a solid starter. 2017 draft we have no idea on yet.

Big IFs.. As some have said Goff is sort of a project having no experience behind center and was in a pass happy offense. The difference between Goff and Mariota is 4.4 speed and experience in big games.

Going forward though, the Rams could actually look like geniuses IF Goff and 2 of those weapons on offense work out. But they have some work to do no doubt.
I thought I agreed with SJ here, but then I started working though the scenario and I when I realized who we would have omitted by moving up from our 2015 first round spot, I'm glad we didn't.

No Todd Gurley (10) had we traded for Marcus. :eek: Plus no OT Havenstein (57), no OT Brown (72), wouldn't have or need Mannion (89) or have our 2016 (15) and our 2016 (43) IF we could have traded up from 10 to 2 for a similar package of (2) 1's; (2) 2's & (2) 3's to the No. 2 overall, and (2) 4's.

I think I'd rather have a 2016 backfield of Goff & Gurley rather than Mariota & Cunningham.

But who knows, the Rams were set with the second round pick at 45 to pick up Derrick Henry so we could of actually had that Titans backfield of Mariota and Henry, but still a lot of holes on the offensive line which maybe could have been addressed with the two additional 4th rounders we probably get back in the 2015 trade up. Still, a lessor OT talent potential than the (57) & (72) we have on the roster now.

One things for sure, there wouldn't be a problem dealing Foles this year as he would have never been offered that contract extension in the off season with us drafting MM last year. :nod:

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:noidea: If you want a steady stream of play action roll right or roll left Mannion's your guy. Limited very limited in my opinion. Backup #2 or 3, A big tall Bradford. :2cents: