• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Case Keenum to be dealt tonight?

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know...that would technically leave the Rams without a starting QB unless Foles will get another shot. Not sure if Goff or Wentz is ready to start right out of the gate.

You don't trade what the Rams gave up and not have him start day 1. Goff will start.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants Keenum or Foles. Denver was our last hope and that disappeared when Elway took his QB of the future with the trade up to get Lynch.

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree retro, the Rams best chance is holding on to him through training camp and maybe an injury out there to another team will get us a 3rd day pick next year. Other than that, cut the loss and move on.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants Keenum or Foles. Denver was our last hope and that disappeared when Elway took his QB of the future with the trade up to get Lynch.

You know it's bad when they'd rather have Mark "Butt Fumble" Sanchez.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! The butt-fumble man. Yea UVA, Elway has conceded that this coming year is going to be a wash because he has lost Manning and a bunch of his defense. Sooo... Butt-fumble Sanchez gets the nod.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher: You know, that's not what I'm saying. I can't answer that right now. You know, I think he's hoping that that'll be the cause and I think a lot of people are as well, but we're not going to put him in a position to fail unless he's prepared. You just don't ask somebody to do something they can't do. It's been a short time to come a long way to grasp this offense. So, eventually he'll be there. He'll be ready. And we'll play him, start him when we think the time is right, but [I'm] not going to come out and say that he's our starter for the opener. [That] doesn't mean to say he won't be.

This guy will never change.........

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher: You know, that's not what I'm saying. I can't answer that right now. You know, I think he's hoping that that'll be the cause and I think a lot of people are as well, but we're not going to put him in a position to fail unless he's prepared. You just don't ask somebody to do something they can't do. It's been a short time to come a long way to grasp this offense. So, eventually he'll be there. He'll be ready. And we'll play him, start him when we think the time is right, but [I'm] not going to come out and say that he's our starter for the opener. [That] doesn't mean to say he won't be.

This guy will never change.........
Am I missing something?

What's wrong with what he is saying?

Do we want a QB, that we mortgaged a lot of our draft stock over, thrown to the wolves if he's not ready to go Week 1?

I would expect, much like Fisher, that when Jeff said that 'Goff is ready to go', he was talking skill set. How can he be 'ready to go' when he hasn't even seen the playbook? Worked on timing with his TE and WR corp? Much less the little nuances that play a huge part in the game week to week?

No, 'ready to go' means he will be getting his share of work with the ones, and we do all know this.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something?

Do we want a QB, that we mortgaged a lot of our draft stock over, thrown to the wolves if he's not ready to go Week 1?

I would expect, much like Fisher, that when Jeff said the 'Goff is ready to go', he was talking skill set. How can he be 'ready to go' when he hasn't even seen the playbook? Worked on timing with his TE and WR corp? Much less the little nuances that play a huge part in the game week to week?

No, 'ready to go' means he will be getting his share of work with the ones, and we all know this.

With what we have given up to get Goff, I'd rather wait a few weeks than rush him for sure. The majority of our home games are late in the season which is when they'll really want to "show him off"

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I missing something?

I would expect, much like Fisher, that when Jeff said that 'Goff is ready to go', he was talking skill set. How can he be 'ready to go' when he hasn't even seen the playbook? Worked on timing with his TE and WR corp? Much less the little nuances that play a huge part in the game week to week?

No, 'ready to go' means he will be getting his share of work with the ones, and we do all know this.
No Vita, I'm just sayin...here we go again. We gave up a lot to get this kid. He is either an NFL Caliber QB or he is Mannion. I know Fisher couldn't say anything other than what he said but it's the same old tired stuff with him I'm tiring of. Get behind the kid for a change and say hell yes he will be ready. At least he has two good knees unlike Sam Bradford....................sorry Coug.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what we have given up to get Goff, I'd rather wait a few weeks than rush him for sure. The majority of our home games are late in the season which is when they'll really want to "show him off"
I disagree; put him in there. They spent a lot on him. How can they start one QB with it known that Goff will take over someday. No...You name your starter and go with him until he blows it. So lets say they start the season with Case or Foles and they are winning. How much pressure will there be to bring on the number 1 pick? This is nervous time....:rolleyes2:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree; put him in there. They spent a lot on him. How can they start one QB with it known that Goff will take over someday. No...You name your starter and go with him until he blows it. So lets say they start the season with Case or Foles and they are winning. How much pressure will there be to bring on the number 1 pick? This is nervous time....:rolleyes2:

It depends on how well he picks up the offense in the preseason. Even #1 picks like Orlando Pace didn't start from game one because of this, and LT doesn't have near as many responsibilities as the QB...

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest to Fisher that (as we all know) has a pitiful lifetime win loss record in the NFL to try something different. Get behind Goff and say to the world he will be ready; we will make sure he is ready and this is the starting QB and the offensive leader on our team. Let the kid know you believe he is worth what you gave up to get him. Hell Fish! you helped rebuild your old team (Titans) at least you can say you are doing so in order to give your current team an NFL starting Quarter Back! Not a we will see quarter back. Hmmmmm We will see...... 8-8..... sounds familiar...

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would suggest to Fisher that (as we all know) has a pitiful lifetime win loss record in the NFL to try something different. Get behind Goff and say to the world he will be ready; we will make sure he is ready and this is the starting QB and the offensive leader on our team. Let the kid know you believe he is worth what you gave up to get him. Hell Fish! you helped rebuild your old team (Titans) at least you can say you are doing so in order to give your current team an NFL starting Quarter Back! Not a we will see quarter back. Hmmmmm We will see...... 8-8..... sounds familiar...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you would rather proclaim him ready, then potentially have him not be ready and need to be benched early in the season? What message does that send?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right shops, and to me, getting behind your QB is getting him ready to go out there fully prepared when he is ready and not just because it's Week 1.

I think it is clear that the Rams have named Goff as the Rams franchise QB, now it's just a matter of when, and that time should be no sooner than when he is fully ready to succeed.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you would rather proclaim him ready, then potentially have him not be ready and need to be benched early in the season? What message does that send?
Fisher is the head coach, he and the front office gave up a bunch of picks to get a #1 QB. I don't want to hear "we will see". I want to hear he will be ready because we will make sure he is ready. If Fisher has doubts he shouldn't have drafted him. I expect to hear him back his pick all the way. Case went 3 for 4 with last seasons team. The Rams could have used their picks to build a team around him but they wanted a #1 pick well they got him now name him as your starter and give the kid some swagger and confidence in the locker room.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher is the head coach, he and the front office gave up a bunch of picks to get a #1 QB. I don't want to hear "we will see". I want to hear he will be ready because we will make sure he is ready. If Fisher has doubts he shouldn't have drafted him. I expect to hear him back his pick all the way. Case went 3 for 4 with last seasons team. The Rams could have used their picks to build a team around him but they wanted a #1 pick well they got him now name him as your starter and give the kid some swagger and confidence in the locker room.
Dude, I and many others here are right with you on the trade up sentiments. Trust me, I thought they should have traded for Kaepernick or at the very least drafted Paxton Lynch at 15. I personally don't want Fisher to say they will have Goff ready by Week 1, because if he isn't, he will fail and we've just spent too much draft capital on this dude to let that happen.