• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carradine place on IR. We sign R Seymour.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wtf! How could he not be healthy? Is he stinking up that bad that they just decided to IR him? This is pretty disappointing news.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm thinking the lack of OL depth the Iupati's injury has more to do with this than Tank's health. Seems like we redshirt a lot of our young players which I'm not a big fan of with using up a year of their rookie wage to ride the pine. But, if he's not good enough to crack our deep DL this year, then it is what it is and we can hope for a brighter 2014 for him.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I find this disappointing myself... ideally, his pass rush s/b be quite advanced compared to Eddie n Dobbs.... however maybe the knee isn't holding up as the coaches want?

I know Fangio kept BSing that he doesnt know the playbook which i think is a funny story...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
:gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

I see the news that a DL is put on IR and they sign R. Seymour... HOW COULD THAT NOT BE RICHARD FREEKING SEYMOUR!!??!!??!!

:poke:

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Wtf! How could he not be healthy? Is he stinking up that bad that they just decided to IR him? This is pretty disappointing news.

There were rumblings a few weeks ago that the team started his rehab over after drafting him, with the belief that "corners were cut" in his rehab process leading up to the draft. I wonder if adding weight made them want to slow the process down as well, coming off a knee injury. He's also learning a new position.

I really think this was written on the wall when he was activated to the 53 but was still a scratch on game day.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: :gaah: :gaah:

I see the news that a DL is put on IR and they sign R. Seymour... HOW COULD THAT NOT BE RICHARD FREEKING SEYMOUR!!??!!??!!

:poke:

I thought I might get you on this one lol

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Maiocco:

49ers coaches noticed DL Tank Carradine (knee) didn't look right last week. Doctors checked him out, decided to get him focused on rehab.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I still love the fact that the Niners drafted him because I think he's going to be great. We'll have to wait 'til next season to see for sure.

But I'm incredibly pissed the Niners didn't sign Richard Seymour to replace him. They could fit him under the cap at this point with only a couple of games left in the season plus the postseason. I'm sick of seeing Jerod-Eddie & Dobbs getting so much playing time.

Ltrain

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Must be interesting life for practice squad guys...Seymour re-tweeted less than a week ago that he had the Seahawks beating the 49ers in SF and today he's playing for the 49ers.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Anyone think this was a move to make sure Seattle didn't have any depth at guard in case they got another OL injury? Probably not because they signed him to a 3-year contract; but Seattle surely can't afford to lose many more OL.

Kendal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering why Tank was always on the inactive list. Unfortunate that he wasn't all the way healthy, I was hoping that he could supplant Dobbs or Jerod-Eddie this season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's 2 seasons in a row the Niners have completely neglected the DL depth situation.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm disappointed by this news. I had visions of Tank rotating in and providing an interior pass rush late in the season and in the playoffs. I still love the pick, I'm just hoping he gets back to 100%. It would really suck if he doesn't get over the injury. I've generally been happy with Fangio, but the guy hates to rotate his front-seven. I haven't seen Lemonier get more than a handful of defensive snaps since Aldon came back. Seattle - and most other teams - is constantly juggling their guys and bringing in fresh bodies. We need to take some notes.

Why are our second round picks snake-bit? Colin has mostly panned out, but other than that, it's been a disaster. Baas was ok - but disappointing for the 33rd pick - in 2005. But you've basically got to go back to '98 and Jeremy Newberry to find a really good pick in the second. Maybe we shouldn't have been rooting for KC to win 8+. Use our pick to move up in the first round, and trade KC's for a high third?

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's 2 seasons in a row the Niners have completely neglected the DL depth situation.

Huh? They added a former first round pick in FA, and used the 40th and 157th pick on DL. I'd hardly consider that "neglecting."

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
wut

They drafted two back ups and signed another as a free agent.

1. They replaced one FA with another, so it was a wash.
2. They knew they weren't going to have one of those backups for at least most of the season, and Tank realistically wasn't going to be anything but a situational pass-rusher as a rookie even if he did get 100%.
3. The other backup they drafted was in the 5th round.

They neglected DL depth again. There were plenty of DL out there who could've been the 1st guy off the bench, and that guy would've gotten a lot of playing time this season.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. They replaced one FA with another, so it was a wash.
2. They knew they weren't going to have one of those backups for at least most of the season, and Tank realistically wasn't going to be anything but a situational pass-rusher as a rookie even if he did get 100%.
3. The other backup they drafted was in the 5th round.

They neglected DL depth again. There were plenty of DL out there who could've been the 1st guy off the bench, and that guy would've gotten a lot of playing time this season.

They got that guy. His name is Glenn Dorsey.

They added 3 backups to a 3 man line. I'm sorry Seymour isn't happening (believe me, I wanted nothing more than for Seymour to be signed and Goodwin to be cut, if only so we didn't have to keep seeing their names in bold) but its pretty obvious that your rage is clouding all rational thought. They addressed the Dline depth, and with some pretty good players IMO.

Are they ignoring it now? That's a different question. I don't think it would hurt to kick the tires on players at all positions, but I don't really see any realistic options off the street that would be an upgrade.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really starting to regret this draft pick, we could have made a move to get help at WR instead but we decide to take an injured DL. Lame!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
They got that guy. His name is Glenn Dorsey.

And they lost Sopoaga. It's not like they "added" anyone; it was replacing one FA for another less-expensive FA.

They added 3 backups to a 3 man line.

Two. They added two. And one of those two guys had a best-case scenario of playing around late November. And the other was a 5th-round rookie who wasn't even a starter at Alabama. That's not exactly addressing the issue.

And there were more DL out there than just Seymour. They could have made it happen, but they figured they were fine as is. I hope it was enough, but I'm not exactly optimistic.

Last edited by a moderator: