• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carlos Boozer to the Lakers

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they both played well last year in a bad situation... Wesley deserves another look defensively... If he can continue to improve he could be a nice fit off the bench... It would be his last shot though... I really like Kelly though... I think he would be a nice back up to Randle, contrasting styles...

Randle will most likely backup Boozer at PF.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Kelly! And admittedly, I haven't seen a large portion of Wes, but what I have seen, not great. But if you guys think it's not a horrible signing, cool!

He's not a game changer but he did lead the team in blocked shots for most if not all season... If he can prove to be willing to put in the work and grow he could be something... He's 27 though, and being he was the 4th overall pick, when will he stop being potential...? In his defense he's been on the Timberwolves Suns and this Lakers team so not much talent around him... But he should be at least as good as Corey Brewer by now... So since we don't have depth at the 3 he's not a bad pick up to see if he can make that move... If not now though, it'll be never I would think...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd also like to see him be more aggressive offensively. When I say that, I mean in how he attacks the basket. The guy is quick, fast and can jump out of the gym. But there were so many times when he would try to lay the ball in instead of try to embarrass someone by dunking on them. There were a lot of missed layups that could have been free throws or and 1's if he had gone to the hoop strong.

Great points and completely agree... I'd kinda given up on him offensively and focused on his defense... But you're spot on there...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randle will most likely backup Boozer at PF.

I know, it's why I wasn't happy about picking up Boozer but that's another story...:whistle:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not a game changer but he did lead the team in blocked shots for most if not all season... If he can prove to be willing to put in the work and grow he could be something... He's 27 though, and being he was the 4th overall pick, when will he stop being potential...? In his defense he's been on the Timberwolves Suns and this Lakers team so not much talent around him... But he should be at least as good as Corey Brewer by now... So since we don't have depth at the 3 he's not a bad pick up to see if he can make that move... If not now though, it'll be never I would think...

Yeah, it's a low dollar 1 year deal that is likely based off of some of the flashes that he showed last season. I think this is the Lakers saying "Okay, you showed us a little potential last year. You have this year to realize that potential or you're gone".

Another low risk/high reward.

And :lol: at me calling a $1 million a year deal, "low dollar".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, it's why I wasn't happy about picking up Boozer but that's another story...:whistle:

Not necessarily that bad for Randle, imo. Boozer is a smart player who can teach him a lot. I think that Boozer will start at first, but if Randle starts showing that he's as good as we think he is, then he will eventually be the starter.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Boozer plays well...they could also trade him at the deadline.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Johnson and Henry at SF...they both play hard and have their strengths. Johnson is a good defender and Henry showed some ability to post up and get to the free throw line.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Lakers have any interest in Beasley?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they have the cap space if they were. If they did get him, would we be welcoming a new Lakers fan?:whistle:

If you're signing for the veterans minimum, I don't think cap matters.

And although I have really never historically had anything against the Lakers, they would become from indifferent to the team I would be watching 2 nd most if he was getting minutes.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And although I have really never historically had anything against the Lakers, they would become from indifferent to the team I would be watching 2 nd most if he was getting minutes.

You a KState fan, turnup? Just curious as I see you're a Beasley fan.

What makes you a Beasley fan?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Lakers do sign him, I'll send you a hat.

I haven't heard anything though. I have to admit, I wouldn't hate it if they gave him a shot.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You a KState fan, turnup? Just curious as I see you're a Beasley fan.

What makes you a Beasley fan?

My son really bonded with him during his rookie year, and it grew from there.

If the Lakers do sign him, I'll send you a hat.

I haven't heard anything though. I have to admit, I wouldn't hate it if they gave him a shot.

I look terrible in hats, but thanks.
Anyway, I saw a Heat executive this afternoon and when I broached the Beasley topic I kind of was given a shoulder shrug. I'm thinking he's not coming back.
If he's not here, I'm hoping he goes somewhere he'll get minutes, plus Kobe could be a good influence on him.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My son really bonded with him during his rookie year, and it grew from there.

That is so cool for your son. He will likely remember that for the rest of his life. When I was a kid I got to meet several great players. I met Wilt, Connie Hawkins, Johnny Unitas, Deacon Jones and Ken Anderson. I still remember each of those as if they happened yesterday.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Lakers still have their $2.7mil room exception as well. I haven't heard anything about Beasley though. I think they need to add another ball-handling guard. Can't expect Nash to last a whole season. Marshall was cut.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, you said Kelly would back up Randle...

????

I meant going forward... You don't get Boozer and not play him, but he won't sign a minimum deal with the Lakers after this year... And you don't draft Randle #7 and not expect him to start by his 2nd year... Kelly will become his back up... I feel they should begin that process sooner rather than later but there are benefits to either side... I get that Mitch likes to let his rookies start slow, it worked for Bryant and Bynum... But IMO this is a different type of situation and he is more physically ready than they were...