• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards 2014 Schedule

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First thing I noticed is we avoided the quick turnaround games against brutally physical opponents with the schedule this year. Add to that they have no put Seattle where we were last year with four days between AZ and SF games. The only negative is AZ is not the second part of that equation...we will just rough them up for the Niners rather than vice versa.

I usually dissect the schedule but they should be able to beat anyone so I'm not as concerned with getting "screwed" by the schedule.

First four games are fairly rough though with the only potentially turd opponent being on the road waaaay over on the East Coast (Giants).

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't like it one bit. The NFL should do away with having bye's starting at week 4. Why not just have half the teams get a bye week 7 and the other half get a bye week 8.

The only thing at this point that truly worries me is how long a suspension Washington gets and how long will the HB be out to start the season.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long are they saying it might be for? I take it this is because he just got sentenced to probation for the criminal case? I hadn't heard anything about another drug test issue.

Daryl Washington missing at least 25% of the season due to suspension being a trend is something that needs to be taken into consideration next contract. He's a difference-maker, we missed the playoffs by one game last year, and lost last-minute in Week 1 to the Rams. Maybe that doesn't happen if Daryl wasn't getting high in the offseason.

sunsguns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Daryl Washington should only get suspended for ONE game as this happened some time ago. I got Zona going 11-5 next season.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is some speculation on D-Washington's suspension. If the discipline committee only looks at this as being is first offense against the personal conduct code, it'll only be one game. However, if they look at his record of multiple suspensions, as they can and may do, he might be suspended for 4+ games.

As for the Schedule, one thing I love about the schedule is there are only 2 early start games. I don't like the early bye either, I really do wish they would stop the early/late bye games. I understand having half the teams off two weeks in a row is bad for revenue, but spread it from week 6-10 and I would have trouble complaining when the bye comes. Also, I think the Cards have a brutal end to the season @Seattle, @Atlanta, vs. KC, quick turn around @St Louis, Vs. Seattle, @San Fran. That is gonna be killer with the Cards being an older team and having to play 13 games without a break.