• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cardinals sign Cromartie

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer actually scares me given the Cards line. They upgraded two positions in free agency and are getting Fluker back (lot of people forgot about him) who was showing TREMENDOUS ability early in the season and preseason.

Give Palmer time.... and he's still got Fitz/Floyd.. yikes. Not to mention if they draft another wideout with their 2nd or if they nab someone like Sefarian-Jenkins in round 2 with a slight trade up... that offense will be very scary. Will easily be the best passing attack in the NFC West.

I don't think Palmer's biggest problem is having time to throw, it is throwing it to the wrong team. If he somehow managed to get the turnovers down, he would be a good quarterback. I'm not sure how many of his interceptions were due to being rushed, but interceptions still remain his biggest problem.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get any fan being high on their team, but do you understand what I said and what your response actually was? :L

I said until PROVEN it is still as it was. Why? Because Seattle and SF have proven quantities especially at QB. Both have two young QB's that already have SB experience and a proven record of winning in the post season as well as regular season. Palmer? Is 34 years old and last year threw 24 TD's and 22 INT's. Wilson went 26/9 in TD/INT and Kraperdink went 21/8. Palmer has never had a season remotely as good as either of them over their first two and hasn't ever come close in QBR or RAT. Then add both of their rushing yards on top of their already superior passing.

I'm sorry, but Palmer has NEVER been close to either of them. Just fixing one side of your O line isn't going to magically push him into a Peyton like season. It doesn't work like that.

It's easy to say what could or should be. I mean Seattle should have Harvin fore more than 1.5 games this season and could have substantial improvements in their offense because of it. See how easy that is?

For all of the talent Seattle lost in this FA period, they may actually end up with a much more fierce pass rush if Allen joins the team and will return all of the rest of the key players on their defense with the ONLY real question being depth at CB and even that is minor.

SF didn't exactly take the FA period off either.

I will stand by my claim. As long as zona has Palmer they MUST be considered no higher than 3rd in the division until proven otherwise. No one knows which teams will face the worst injuries or other distractions. It is possible any of them has enough issues to wreck their seasons. All we can do now is just give a best guess based on past history and looking at what parts each team has. Like it or not QB's count as a major part of that and until they find a quality franchise QB Arizona just can't be considered a front runner. Can't.

Palmer finished the season 10-6 playing behind the worst offensive line in football. Check his stats from the first half of the season to the second half. The offensive line started improving and as so, Palmer also. Throw in the fact it was a totally new system for him and the wr's that showed they just weren't grasping it until later in the season. His int went way down. Lets not forget he also beat the Hawks in your back yard.

All that youth sure didn't help Wilson during that game and he look rather lost most the time. His legs were also taken away from him from the best run defense. The Warner days come to mind hearing the same old stuff. He's too old and slow and won't last after a few hits. He's washed up, blah blah blah. Palmer is all the Cards need at QB. Understand the stats if you're going to use them.

The right side was good enough. So yeah fixing the left side of that line will be a HUGE difference. Funny how you think the glass is so full for your team and half empty for mine.

Yeah it is easy........watch..........IF Washington hadn't missed the first 4 games we might of won more of them. How about the loss of the Honey badger another big loss. You don't hear me making excuses for them though. See how it works both ways?

Oh no you mean old man Allen still has something left in the tank as a pass rusher but Palmer doesn't as a QB? You crack me up and Allen isn't a Hawk at this point.

I'm glad were in this division and wouldn't want it any other way. The Super Bowl hangover is real. The little extra step those guys had won't be the same this year. I'm really not worried about any team in this division being any better than the Cards. Like i said it's a level playing field and we already know the Cards can hang with the Hawks.

Palmer is going to light it up this year and you be sure to remember I said that.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Palmer finished the season 10-6 playing behind the worst offensive line in football. Check his stats from the first half of the season to the second half. The offensive line started improving and as so, Palmer also. Throw in the fact it was a totally new system for him and the wr's that showed they just weren't grasping it until later in the season. His int went way down. Lets not forget he also beat the Hawks in your back yard.

All that youth sure didn't help Wilson during that game and he look rather lost most the time. His legs were also taken away from him from the best run defense. The Warner days come to mind hearing the same old stuff. He's too old and slow and won't last after a few hits. He's washed up, blah blah blah. Palmer is all the Cards need at QB. Understand the stats if you're going to use them.

The right side was good enough. So yeah fixing the left side of that line will be a HUGE difference. Funny h
ow you think the glass is so full for your team and half empty for mine.

Yeah it is easy........watch..........IF Washington hadn't missed the first 4 games we might of won more of them. How about the loss of the Honey badger another big loss. You don't hear me making excuses for them though. See how it works both ways?

Oh no you mean old man Allen still has something left in the tank as a pass rusher but Palmer doesn't as a QB? You crack me up and Allen isn't a Hawk at this point.

I'm glad were in this division and wouldn't want it any other way. The Super Bowl hangover is real. The little extra step those guys had won't be the same this year. I'm really not worried about any team in this division being any better than the Cards. Like i said it's a level playing field and we already know the Cards can hang with the Hawks.

Palmer is going to light it up this year and you be sure to remember I said that.

Bama good to hear you being so up on your team. We will remember your prediction about Palmer. Good to see Cards fans so excited about their team! It's been a while.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFC west is going to be a bare knuckle street fight this entire season. Nice to hear Card fans optimistic and they should be. Bruce Arians was such a great hire and totally has them moving in the right direction.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...His int went way down. Lets not forget he also beat the Hawks in your back yard.

These two sentences are pretty funny.

Carson Palmer's stat-line in Seattle in December 2013:
PASSING CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. Palmer 13/25 178 1 4

Yeah, "he" beat Seattle.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who?

Do you mean Cooper? If so, that's a good point. Mr. Cooper went 7th overall for a reason.

But even with Cooper back, the OL is still a problem for Arizona IMO. Lucky for them the O-tackle class in the draft is absolutely loaded.

Cooper yes, thanks for the correction.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These two sentences are pretty funny.

Carson Palmer's stat-line in Seattle in December 2013:
PASSING CP/AT YDS TD INT
C. Palmer 13/25 178 1 4

Yeah, "he" beat Seattle.

Gotta agree here. Cards D beat Seattle, not the offense/Palmer.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As poorly as Palmer played most of the day, I was impressed with his ability to just stand tall and keep putting the ball downfield, which eventually paid off. Most QBs that throw 4 picks in a game especially in a hostile environment like the Clink fold but he didn't.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The right side was good enough. So yeah fixing the left side of that line will be a HUGE difference. Funny how you think the glass is so full for your team and half empty for mine.

If Palmer has a so so year and the Cards miss out on the playoffs, hopefully you'll be back to tell us how wrong you were. Hopefully you'll remember that too.